Beiträge von argonaut

You might try a hobby shop or a DIY place. One idea that came to mind is to have a look at something like the flex-drive for drills - they are often square section although maybe not for the whole length. I think the solder idea might work but solder would probably be too soft and not last long, brazin and then filing the correct profile might do the job though.

Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;100755

Took it for another drive and gave her some heavy braking. Seems ok. Coasts fine in neutral with no noticeable resistance. Will see how she does tomorrow.

:)

Give it an Italian Tune-up :driver:

Noggie, if you want I can act as a go-between, I speak German (as do a lot of the other people of the forum here - Reinhard for instance has excellent English to go with his native German) or Harry - he lives not all that far from Thomas I believe.

I think your problem with the exhausts is the OEM back boxes, out of interest, why did you opt to keep them if you were changing the rest of the system to Engl?

I would definitely ask Engl for his view, he's done a lot of 8 series systems now and I'm sure he could help you out.

Thanks for the info Graham, I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and try my luck again.
    Cheers

Zitat von Nifty50;100492

Have also just renewed this week with Hagerty at £212.50, agreed value, restricted mileage etc, etc.

Just call them on 0844 824 1130. They are very helpful and friendly as they are all enthusiasts as well. You won't be able to get an on-line quote.

Cheers
    Graham

Well Graham, I wrote to Hagerty this afternoon, explained exactly what I wanted and received a rather stupid response - actually this pi$$ed me off considerably. The response was "we are unable to insure your vehicle because of the mileage you requested". I requested or actually I suggested a limit of 7,500. Would you mind telling me what sort of limit you have in your policy placed via Hagerty? I could live with less than 7500 but to be honest, if they can't try a bit harder than they have so far in replying I'll just go somewhere else.
    I replied that I found their response somewhat less than helpful and asked them to suggest a mileage that would be acceptable to them. We'll see if they bother to respond. Sorry to report, not impressed so far.

Zitat von bm840ci;100544

Hey Harry

what make of radio is that you have in your car
    All 3 of my Bavarias in the Csi's and 850's are gone
    and I cant find anything that fits
    your ideas ????

That's a Becker Indianapolis - fits in and matches the BMW set-up nicely, I have the same unit in my 8. One advantage is that it has built in satnav (albeit a bit clunky and old fashioned)
    Revtor produced a superb write-up on how to modify the screen so that the colour is a perfect match for the BMW, have a search and you will find it somewhere on the forum.

Zitat von schnitz850;100530

Real men doing real sport :top: not like those namby pamby diving footsters...

Overpaid tossers!!

I hate that game with a passion....

I'll second that, here's one of my favourite pictures of a real sportsman:

Zitat von Nifty50;100492

Have also just renewed this week with Hagerty at £212.50, agreed value, restricted mileage etc, etc.

Just call them on 0844 824 1130. They are very helpful and friendly as they are all enthusiasts as well. You won't be able to get an on-line quote.

Cheers
    Graham

Thanks Graham, I'll give them a call. One problem I have with online quote systems is that most of them will not recognise my car as it's a private imported M73 - that was never sold in the Uk and consequently it's not on the normal car dataase. I get accused of lying when I state that it's an 850 built in 1997 as according to the databse it can't be newer than 1996. Hopefully Hagerty's will be a little more savvy.

Zitat von ukzero;94906

Also 55.
    Still with Hagerty (joined them in 2005 when I bought the car) with £10k agreed value, etc, etc.
    £250 from memory, but only allowed 3k miles (usually more than enough, as I only use for pleasure :grin2:).

hello UK - a quick question ref your Hagerty insurance - did you get that direct or via a broker? I've looked at the website but couldn't find a "get a quote" option for what they call "Future Classic".
    Cheers

Zitat von Quackers;100474

I booked an MOT for my 540i for 2nd April this year at a place in Bury, Lancs.
    I was told on arrival that new parameters were to be used from that day.
    I mentioned that if the driver's seat is moved the airbag light may illuminate (it's always done this). He said he would need to fail it if that happened. He also said that the seat had to be moved as it needed to be fully functional, and tested as such.
    Needless to say, he failed the car due to poor handbrake performance and a leaking petrol pipe union - which he damaged with a screwdriver!
    Won't go back there again!

I read on another forum this morning that the newly introduced tests for SRS and ABS lights have been suspended - they will only be a fail if the system indicates a fault, check VOSA here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repositor...otice 3-12.pdf

Thanks very much for posting this Revtor, it will be very useful. A while back I managed to buy a replacement MID which worked perfectly. Now though the screen is suffering from the pixel failure problem and needs some work. I have an additional problem though, some of the buttons no longer work - do you happen to know if/how these can be repaired or replaced?
    Thanks
    Jason

Zitat von SmileitsMe;99779

Last sentence..
    Austria.. is not Australia.. ;)

i know... It is difficult to disentangle :rofl::rofl:

Just like the Vienna Boys Choir isn't from Australia ;)
    Surprising how many people didn't know that one. Also, feedback on a forum when I was living in Switzerland on what surprised you most upon arriving in Switzerland, one answer was "how few people speak Swedish"

Zitat von MB;99597

Does anyone have suggestions for suppliers of spigot rings, spacers and lengthened wheel bolts?

Cheers

MB

Ask Gerry @ Phoenix, if he hasn't got what you need I'm pretty sure he will know where you can get what it