Beiträge von paulc8888

again, appreciated. i think i'm 20mm too low with my measurements. is 135 to the first vent? this is good news as i thought i was too close to the frame. "almost parallel?" that's been my problem all day. since the vents don't actually follow any of bmw's curved lines i think that the vents will look good wherever you put them. symetry is the issue. I'm going to make a template from mdf/ hardborad. once i've cut one out then i can apply it to the other side. that said i'm pretty confident i've drawn them out reasonalby well.

I wish you all the best for tomorrow steve. Shame you've decided against the naca/nana duct. how you spell it depends on how much JD you've drunk!

thanks for that info. how are you finding positioning the vents? that bonnet doesn't have a square edge anywhere! i've guessed all the measurements so far by scaling photographs.
    I just went to a local engineering shop for the vents. The guy there owns an Ultima GTR so he was very enthusiastic about making parts for a car.

i was quoted about the same. i changed to classicline. the price is based on milage. £310 for 1500 miles. £350 for 300 miles. because its classic car insurance ncd doesnt affect the price. if you have ncd you can hold it on this policy or transfer it to another vehicle.

I went the same route as Nick and fitted 2 95Ah batteries. I can leave the car for 2 months and it starts straight away.

I was told from a battery retailer that bosch and varta batteries are made in the same factory and are identical inside the casings.

i think that air con systems have a lubricant in the system. if you dont use it often it is likely to have corroded various pipes. i was led to believe this is quite an expensive repair so ive decided to open the windows until i can afford it. if you're lucky it just needs recharging. dont bother going to halfords for their £50 offer. the 8 series takes a lot of gas and you wont be eligible for it. you can have a pressure check done to see if there are any leaks

the bosch s4013 is a 95ah battery that fits in both sides (just). 353mm x 175mm x 190mm (height).
    the 95ah agm bosch s6002 or the varta g14 (identical to bosch) are the same size. they may be overkill but there's nothing worse than blowing expensive electronics caused from flat batteries from jump starting

appreciate ht]]the quick response revtor. hte wheels aren from a 325 so i didnt think theyd match up. just getting desparate to solve my wheel judder problems.

tesco were pretty good when i had to make a claim too. i had an accident that was deemed to be by fault and they only knocked my no claims down to 3 years from 5. that was without the nc protection.

i phoned admiral multicar. the price was identical to two individual quotes. i tried tesco and they offered me 3 years ncd for the second car straight away.

you can buy a connection for an mp3 that works on an fm frequency and just tune your radio to the frequency. you can even change this output frequency if it coincides with a local radio station. only cost £5

bmw club tickets

i just phoned them up on 01225709009. they need a photo of your car emailed to them and then they'll send the ticket. no mention of being in the club. office is open 10am to 5ish on monday.