Beiträge von Steve5

Just a quick one on this - you might want to think about repacing all of your bushes with M5 ones or get in contact with 8tech as he has them in stock.

The main problem with OEM oil filled ones is that they are not desert proofed!! as I live in Abu Dhabi I know what a temperature ranges we go through let alone the sand and dust!!!!!!! as they will have a tendancy to split and leak - we get this in the UK too - I know there are several discussions on this within this forum.

But best of luck with the car mate

That's good advice from Arnie - I was very lucky in the fact that the rust was only on the outer skin - due to a replacement screen and scratches inside the rubber hence the remarkable eveness of the rust across the roof!!

The other worry with the repair was the screens themselves with no guarantees of extraction and re - fitting without breakage but it was completed sucessfully.

Hi Angus, I had about three weeks back in UK one in August which was fantastic drove it everywhere and last fortnight at Christmas both occasions the weather was good so she had to come out of the garage :devilchilli: I will be back for a week in April so looking forward to re commissioning and starting her up!!

Thanks for the comments everyone it was a little nerve racking to say the least but what a great job done

Iam with the reat of you I think people like that should be exposed for what they are Scum - Named and Shamed.

Have used Gerry in the past he supplied me with a new set HT leads and was up front and true to his word with advice and help we must all support him.

Hi Angus I had a similar problem with my 5 with regard to the 'engine' light it was the air system taken down to the air mass meter, all the sensors and cyclone valve were checked and replaced as necessary, Phil also presure tested the maniflods to check for a good seal - she runs fantastic now and has done for the past 3 years following this work.

I don't know about the other bits as I am not familiar with the model I would add that I have the 4.4 in my five :harhar:

Hope it gets sorted soon - and Oh you need a new gear box :laugh:

Ther has been posts on this and the recognised item is the armrest from 3 series i seem to remember or the 5 series can someone help me here

There are plenty arround in the breakers yards and from what I can remember a small amount of fabrication will be requiered just dig back in the posts and there is a step guide for you.

Best of luck

Hi Arnie some time ago I needed to replace my fronts and I went with Bilstein inserts and new oem springs. At that time i wanted to also change the rears but change out the springs and replace with Eibach, as i wanted to just slightly lower the car.

Unfortunately I don't have the model number of the Bilstein inserts 8tech will help you with this.

However to date I have only done the fronts I have no issues with the handling, the car does not roll and frankly feels like a two tonne
    go Kart :devilchilli:

I would say you would be happy with option 3 and best of luck with the changeout :itsme:

I have changed all of the fluids in mine and particularly the gear box irrispective of the recomendations.

I seem to remember a hard kick up under accelaration back off - slightly miss timed - I have not installed Wokke Chips yet and so I have no opinion about them.

I would suggest an oil change as it never does any harm, and see how it goes

My 2c

The only thing I would say is the colour of the lighting on the units as BMW orange is hard to match, If you want a dash looking the same colour wise that is - I seem to remember Tall Tony going through this when he put the Laptop in his 840, the post is in here somewhere !?

Both units look good though hard to decide :top: