Beiträge von NickF

Project's going slowly but well. Everything is back from the powder coater and we're just waiting on a few parts to come in and it's all going back together. The mechanic is working on it when he had spare time so it'll take a few more weeks I suspect, but I'll be driving it again before Christmas. Can't wait. Really want to meet up next year with all you 8 heroes, or would be great to catch up Graham.

I hope it's not but that looks way over priced. If "one of the last" is worth £40k then I wonder what the very last one is worth? One of our German brothers on here will be very interested.

Thanks Angus. BMW sorted me out for £24 a pop which isn't too bad. How many bushes can one car have? This suspension rebuild will bankrupt me.

Looks great, especially the tips. I put a custom exhaust on my 850 a few years ago. I deleted the cats altogether, deleted the resonator and replaced with a cross over pipe and put on magnaflow "silencers". You could hear me coming from miles away and it ruined the refined nature of the car and woke my neighbours up so I had to add extra silencers that looks like yours, that made all the difference. Still sounds awesome but people can still sleep. Now find some tunnels!

Hi - a bloke from Croatia I found on eBay found a whole set of throwing stars for me for £400 + £160 shipping. He found another set for someone else who was looking, all in good shape (they were e34 spec, so need spacers). He's worth a try if you're still looking. PM me for his details.

Hi Rob,

The fuel lines that run under the car rot away, good chance that's where the fuel is leaking from.

I have a laptop with DIS installed (thanks to the mighty Revtor) and the necessary cables to connect to an OBDI e31 - it's not easy to get this going and you need an antique laptop with a genuine serial port (not USB -> Serial) that are fairly rare. I haven't even booted it up in 5 years, but you're welcome to borrow it. I live in St Albans but travel north on a routine basis due to my unhealthy Aston Villa habit so I may be able to drop it off at some point.

Cheers, Nick

So I finally got to talk through the work with Russell from DMWorx. He's just bought an 840 and I nice bloke so I think I've made a good choice of garage. The underside of the car is a real mess, but I'm not put off. The brake lines and fuel lines are all completely shot so they will be replaced. The rear suspension is not pretty either, so while the rear subframe is off the rear end is going to be sorted. I'm buying all the bits from Wolf, and getting any remaining bits power coated. Scope creep is a real issue, but I want to make the car great again (I sound like Donald Trump) so I want to do each bit in turn to minimise the financial misery. The front suspension is all new, and the engine is in good shape as I've already replaced most of the normal failing parts. After the rear end fix, the next plan is full respray. I better warn the wife that it's beans from now on.

That's a freakish one off with virtually no miles on it, but's it's a good sign for prices in general. Our patience is very slowly paying off (not that we'll ever sell so it makes no odds, it's just nice to have something worth done money).

Graham, yours is super clean and must be with a few quid.

Hi Angus and all (I think it might just be the two of us :kiss:) . I got the first feedback today... The rear brake lines have rotted through, hence the no brakes. It's not great news as I think it means the fuel tank needs to come out, but I knew they were really corroded so I guess it needed to happen anyway. He wasn't too complimentary about my poor car generally, and the fuel lines also need replacing but I'm staying positive. There's no way I'm going to let the car die, but I also don't want these guys treating me as their pension plan.

I see your point, they are too generic, hence all the holes and gaps. I need to find specific ones like the ones on Wolf's post.