Beiträge von rickard681

Oh, on the code info. My player came from Lativa with a unique code of 5978--. The BMW radio I removed from my US 840 had a code of 63433. Note that the US radio had no number above what the buttons on the radio are. The code is put into the radio by pushing each of the storage butons that is the code. IE-push the #6 then #3 button, and so on. The radio from Europe I had to push the first, #1 button five times, the number 2 button nine times etcetera. The US model would not show the code as it is put in. The European model showed the numbers in the readout as you put them in. That has been my experience. I am not sure what a 'US version' would be. If that were the case, wouldn't they (BMW or Blauplunkt) make a US version, UK version, German version, French version and so on. I just don't know.
    Still, the cleaning disc is worth a try. thanks for the link.
    Rick

Hi Rob-
    I am interested...but I don't understand. 'only got a European code...'. The code is the code. There is only one code for a radio. US used 5 digits, Europeans use 4 digit code followed by a - -. I have a European CD43 that works for the radio part, but will not accept the CDs. It just ejects a CD as soon as you put one in. That is why I am looking for another. My '97 840 has the M-bus cable to the changer and will not work with the CD43 unless and my Pioneer changer unless I change out the cable to an I-bus and the changer to a I-bus model also. Did ypu put in an I-bus cable in your 8?
    I am also not sure what you mean by 'I can get an American code for it on the bay'? The radio code is the radio code....I don't believe it knows whether it is American or European. What resetting is needed for American reception? Is there a different FM frequency range used in Europe? (88 - 108MHz)
    Perhaps you can explain the questions I have above, and then I am interested in the CD43. (assuming the internal CD player works). I know I will lose the use of my 6 disc changer untill I swap out the M-bus for the I-Bus cable.
    Price + shipping to 23452???
    Thanks
    Rick

considering an 8 for a daily driver

Hi-
    My understanding is that the '97 was not 'chipable' but that the changes are made through the OBDII port vice a chip. Got this from Wolf (Wolf Ganssauge <info@wokke.de> )the maker of the famous Wolf chip.
    Also. a good stepping off point before purchase is still Carfax.....well worth the money.
    Hi to Wuffer....nice to see you 'lurking' on this list too.
    Rick
    Cosmosschwarz/schwarz '97