Beiträge von sparklesmcgraw

Hi All,

ABS pump is knackered again and isnt able to be reconditioned. Does anyone know where to source a used one at a reasonable price?

Can someone confirm the part number? I was told that one from an E38 would fit such as the below?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW…045237:g:CsgAAOSwmlJc5-~l

These things are like 1700 quid from the dealer!

Also found this one which looks like a good deal?

[h=1]https://www.tav-autoverwertung…a=1318&lang=eng&&lang=eng0-265-21[/h]
    Thanks

Thanks again, the cover was just noticed to be gone after going out for a drive so am assuming it just came off on its own.

So part 15 cant be purchased from BMW? Cost shouldn't be an issue, I just want it fixed. Cant be that pricey surely?

Got the replacement caps, next question does anyone know how they are attached? Glue, clips?

Is there any way to make all the headlight washer jets stand proud whilst not operating so I can investigate?

Thanks

Couple more pics for you guys as prmoised. Still not great ones though so apologies.

I cant tell you all how happy I am with the work. The car looks brand new, I cant stop myself smiling when looking at it. Safe to say I love it even more. It feels so great driving one of these classics that is in such great condition. Almost an honour :)

Well everyone I finally have an update on the car. I went to pick it up on Thursday and all I can say is I am absolutely delighted. The car looks nothing short of incredible and better than she has ever looked. Brand new nose fitted and both sides of the car along with the bonnet has been fully resprayed and blended. The colour match is perfect and completely unnoticeable that any work has been done. All the little imperfections I used to have (except on the boot lid and roof) are 100% gone and the car looks brand new. The nose even has that little rubber protective strip underneath which my car never even had when I bought it!

Kind of a blessing in disguise really hitting that deer as my old nose had some chipping in the laquer and quite a few stone chips. It really needed resprayed anyway. What a joy it is cleaning her now and not finding ANY little marks :)

Seriously blown away by the work the guys have done. They also fixed the rust on my back arches which now look fantastic. All it costs was my £400 excess and £600 for the rust repair and paint. Worth every penny and Im chuffed. I am thinking about sending her back to fix the tiny rust bubble on the roof and respray the boot lid and back bumper. Then she really will be 100% sorted.

Sorry for the bad pic it was taken at work today. Ill try to get some more soon.

Happy chappy!

Thanks for the reply Reinhard.

Yes this is being covered under insurance although I am paying for the rust removal work on the arches. The picture is of the wrong bumper that they have re-ordered (and received already I believe) as the first one they got didn't have the headlight washers. Sounds like they are doing a thorough job as I'm surprised they didn't just drill holes for the washers! They have been ordering all parts as new from BMW which is great.

Doesnt the respray look a bit more extensive than required? They didn't say a full respray was being done, just that the blending of the arches and bumper/bonnet would be done.

Cant wait to see it finished!

Ok folks bit of an update. The car is still being repaired as there were a few delays here and there with delivery of wrong parts to the garage but fingers crossed it should be completed by around the end of next week. The garage sent me a few pics of the progress. I must admit I was quite surprised to see how extensive the work looks especially as I only expected a few touch ups here and there.

I asked them to sort all the rust around the arches whilst in so maybe that explains it? It looks like the whole thing has been re-sprayed! Is that just the blending process to match the existing paint? Can anyone maybe explain the pics in a bit of detail at all? Cant wait to get her back all nice and shiny, and hopefully be the same colour!

Pics:

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Not posted here in a while. Mainly because I have been enjoying every minute driving my beautiful 840. Sad news though as last night whilst driving home from playing a round of golf, out of nowhere.........a huge deer and the car collided at about 60mph.

This was on a main and fairly busy road just on the outskirts of the city. Literally came out of nowhere and hit the poor deer side on and full force. After pulling over to assess the damage, it isnt good. The entire front bumper is destroyed along with basically all of the plastic air ducts and bit of bobs behind. Washer jets have disappeared and the front end is in about 15 pieces. Only a small dent on the bonnet though as luckily the thing never went over it. Doesnt look as though the radiator has taken any major damage but need to check it over better today. Absolutely gutted.

Called the AA and got it taken home on the back of a truck (was only about 1 mile from the house!). Just awaiting a call back from the insurance company to log the claim and start the no doubt horrendous process of getting my prode and joy back on the road.

I was curious if you guys had any advice on dealing with the insurance company? I really hope they dont try to write it off, although the damage can fairly mount up. The only dealing I have ever had with the girlfriends Mini wasnt ideal as they fitted non OEM parts (new bonnet) and it doesnt fit right to this day.

Car is a 99 840Ci sport with 60k on the clock. Basically immaculate all round....until now

The other worry is the availability of all the parts I will need? Is there anything around the front end area that is no longer made by BMW? I guess the only upside is that there shouldnt be too many people making aftermarket parts for these?

Oh well, way she goes sometimes I suppose. Jusy hope she is back on the road again soon :(

All advice welcome!

Thanks for that. I changed out the batteries last night to 74Ah Bosch Silver 5007's. All seems fine now. The batteries in place were BMW branded and one still had green showing in the viewing glass whilst the other was black. Could have been a bad cell in one of them I guess. As long as the charge holds should be an easy fix :)

Fraser

Hey all,

After leaving my car sitting for 4 days, went to start her this morning and nothing. Not even a splutter so it seems the batteries are shot. I have had the car for almost 6 years and never had a single issue (that does mean my batteries are at least this old though).

Car used to sit for a week or two quite happily. Pretty sure no interior lights etc. were left on to cause this so although it could well be batteries past their lives, I am a bit surprised how flat they must have gotten. Once I opened the car (electronically with the key) I couldn't use the key anymore so didn't even have the power to look/open the car after the first go.

When I opened the boot using the key, the viewing window on the left side battery was black (meaning insufficient charge but not red which would mean battery is done) and there was a constant ticking coming from the fuse/relay box sitting just above the battery.

I have gone and bought two new ones as it is time they were changed but I am bit concerned that after I fit them there is still an issue with something causing a drain. Any likely candidates here that could cause complete drain?

:)

Thanks Reinhard,

Too late I'm afraid as I thought I would try my luck with a used one on Ebay. If it is not in good shape I will probably have to bite the bullet and buy new. FInger crossed......again :)