Beiträge von rogbmw

Zitat von arnie;96983

You still have the head-light covers to remove and be sure to protect the orange sticker in the trunk sill as they are no-longer available.

Those will come off at the shop when the car gets there.

Yes - the clear on the paint is breaking up - it looks like someone took 80 grit sandpaper to it, so it will all have to come off.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the rear sticker. I will see if I can get mine off somehow. And actually, there is an ALPINA sticker on the inside of one of the trunk tim pieces that says the same thing.

As many of you know, I am in the process of bringing the Alpina back to exactly the way it left the factory. The car, purchased in Japan, went through a 21 month process of being accepted by the US to be able to legallyhttp://forums.bimmerforums.com…showthread.php?t=1799935#. I have started the process of removing many of the items prior to repainting. As many 90's vintage BMWs were with silver paint, mine suffers from the breakdown of the clear coat. As this is the only B12 5.0 that was produced in Silver, we will be restoring it to its original color. The car only has 38,000 Km, so the body is in excellent condition with the exception of the paint. Windows will be coming out, and as you can see by the pictures, I have attempted to remove many of the items and trim prior to taking to the painter this week. Gary will be removing the remaining pieces, fenders, doors, etc. It is a small shop that specializes in doing excellent show-quality work one car at a time, and I have waited 5 months for my http://forums.bimmerforums.com…showthread.php?t=1799935#" for the work. Here are some pictures of how the car looks today, and I will update this thead with new pictures as they come along.

The Alpina leaves this weekend for a total respray - windows will be coming out and everything. I hope to post pictures this weekend of the car - all trim is off, bumpers off, sunroof out, lights out, interior out (except carpet and dash) to get ready for the repaint. I'm afraid it won't be cheap though......:ahhhhh:

As many of you know, I have gone through the process of importing a B12 5.0 Coupe, and also went through all the steps to have them officially added to the list of vehicles able to be officially imported to the US. This process has taken almost 2 years to complete. I now have the car, and am starting the process of restoring the car to just like it left Alpina. The car only has 38,000 KM (23,000 miles), and was the only Silver B12 5.0 Coupe produced. But, the Japanese weather is hard on silver paint, so it will be going in for a total respray the end of January. Emblems have come off, and the interior will be removed shortly. I hope to document it with pictures here. So....off we go...

There are things in the works. There will also be a word of encouragement for owners to become more active in the 8er.org board discussions as representation in the US on the board has begun. Stay tuned!

Everyone - Randy's funeral is Saturday. I have contacted a Florist in Indianapolis that can do something special for him if we want to as a group. They will make a special wreath for us in the shape of an "8". It will be custom made, but they will have to know by TOMORROW. The cost will be $350. If we want to do it as a group, let me know ASAP, and I will coordinate it. You can contribute to my PayPal account and I will pay. If you wish to contribute, please send me an email to: se(dot)8(dot)gathering(at)gmail(dot)com and I will send you my Paypal address and the particulars on the wreath.

Zitat von arnie;92208

There was a US company which sold specially made stainless-steel jacking 'rods' for the 8. These locate in the holes in the side sill and have a round pad to fit in the lifting cup of the jack.

By the way, Tim, the front spoiler should have a rubbing strip that goes all the ay around the bottom edge.. Maybe then the plate is not required?

The jack tool is from a company called Strong Strut. Paul runs the company, and is a big supporter of the e31 community here in the US. In addition to the jacking tool, he also has a Strong Strut specifically made for the e31, and it it superbly made. You don't want to use one of the jacking tools for other BMW models, as they are not really strong enough to hold the weight of the e31 - I have known of the e36 one sold elsewhere bending when holding the weight of an e31.

Here is the link: http://www.strong-strut.com/jacktool.html

As many of you know, Bill Fox and I have blazed a path to legally import Alpina B12 Coupes. This process began in December 2009 when I purchased a B12 5.0.

GREAT NEWS - We received notification this week that all the paperwork has been accepted, and I can finally bring the car home. This process has involved 20 months, petitioning the government to add the Alpina B12 Coupes to the importable list, notifications in the Federal Register, and finally the legalization process. Bill has some tidying up to finish, and we will be arranging the transport home.

I will write up a detailed article covering all the time and steps - but YEHAWWWW - the process is done! Can't wait to get #45 home!

Thanks for the comments guys. Primarily selling due to the nearing completion of the Alpina. The CSi is a beautiful car though. And oh yes...I lived in England for 2 years and learned to shift with my LEFT hand:winkwink: when on exchange with the Royal Navy.

The CSi is a fully federalized rare Euro spec low mileage car (40,500 miles). It is in outstanding condition. It is fully documented from new in Germany, with all papers and import/federalization papers. I have all the paperwork and documentation in plastic sleeves in a binder. It has items on the Euro cars which you can not get here in North America, including Euro M brakes, Euro M Mirrors, AHK (rear steering), rear sun shade, and others. The car also has K-Bar sway bars, and handles superbly.

The car is Diamantschwarz Metalic with bi-colored Silbergrau Dunkel/Silbergrau Hell interior. New Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires. K-bar Sway bars. The Euro CSi is second only to Alpina B12 8 series in collectibility as noted on the BMW 8-series registry, and is rated higher in collectibility than the US CSi.

The car has never been in an accident. It did have the front end touched up to take care of any rock chips that had occurred, and they did an excellent job (the receipt is in the booklet).

I really had no intention of selling the car as it is truly an outstanding car, and it handles better than the US Spec CSi I used to have before purchasing this car. But, I have been in the process of importing an Alpina B12. The process is almost completed – but it has taken us over a year and a half to get to this point.

Price is negotiable at $45,900. Here is a link, contact information, and pictures:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1654396

The CSi is a fully federalized rare Euro spec low mileage car (40,500 miles). It is in outstanding condition. It is fully documented from new in Germany, with all papers and import/federalization papers. I have all the paperwork and documentation in plastic sleeves in a binder. It has items on the Euro cars which you can not get here in North America, including Euro M brakes, Euro M Mirrors, AHK (rear steering), rear sun shade, and others. The car also has K-Bar sway bars, and handles superbly.

The car is Diamantschwarz Metalic with bi-colored Silbergrau Dunkel/Silbergrau Hell interior. New Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires. K-bar Sway bars. The Euro CSi is second only to Alpina B12 8 series in collectibility as noted on the BMW 8-series registry, and is rated higher in collectibility than the US CSi.

The car has never been in an accident. It did have the front end touched up to take care of any rock chips that had occurred, and they did an excellent job (the receipt is in the booklet).

I really had no intention of selling the car as it is truly an outstanding car, and it handles better than the US Spec CSi I used to have before purchasing this car. But, I have been in the process of importing an Alpina B12. The process is almost completed – but it has taken us over a year and a half to get to this point.

Price is negotiable at $45,900. Here is a link, contact information, and pictures:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com…/showthread.php?t=1654396

Very nice job! I usually disconnect the bolt attaching the ground wires to the body in the left trunk (boot) area, but this way one would not have to have a socket wrench handy. Thanks for the great write-up.

Do you have an 850 or 850CSi? I would definitely consider the Wokke chips. The set for the 850 includes both DME and EML chips - you WILL notice the difference! I have had both Comforti and Wokke chips. To me Wokke wins hands down. Greatly discussed on the BF board.

BF discussion: http://forums.bimmerforums.com…789&highlight=Wokke+chips

Wolf's (Wokke) contact: "info@wokke.de"[/email]

I actually did take the lense off of one - you have to carefully cut the black silicone seal, then clean up all the left over silicone out of the groove, then replace it back into place with new silicone. My glass lense was in great condition, but as stated above, you can not just get the lense.

I do not think you can just purchase the lense in the FTP strip - I believe that you have to purchase the compete assembly.