Beiträge von GARC

Hi - I Have a notion to upgrade the stereo / headunit on my car. Sound is OK but I know it can be better. I've searched on here and read a few posts but they are a bit dated.

Not sure of budget or what I want but not to 'blingy' (no Blue LED's - ideally bmw orange or understated) - Ipod connectivity would be good, TV/DVD/SAT NAV would be great (don't mind the flip up thing). I listen to the radio lots - Is DAB a realistic option nowadays ? Is TV a real option in car in the UK ? Is there something that gives me it all ?

Obvioulsy I'll be doing some on-line research but thought I'd get fellow 8ers thoughts as well. :top:
    Thanks in Advance
    GARC

Hi 900ss - what was the procedure - did you get your friendly tyre and exhaust people to do it ? How does it sound ? Is it like the link above ?
    GARC

Wow - Really started a debate here.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts. Sounds like I'd need very deep pockets and it would de-value the car.

So - I think my conclusion is that I'll stick with the Alpina wheels only and leave the rest !

Cheers
    GARC:top:

Hi Folks,

I recently bought some Alpina's and I've had some mad thoughts on whether it would be cool to go the full hog and create a replica. What are the thoughts on here

• Got the wheels - what other parts would I need ? Is the Alpina front and back bumbers the same.
    • Is there anywhere to source that Bonnet ? (at a reasonable price ?)
    • How would I get the decals.
    • Would it be a Cheesy / Chavvy idea to simply add the badges ?
    • Is there anywhere I could buy the badges ?

HOnest thoughts / comments welcome.

Here's my car

Perfect JUD - You've just given me my next 8er item to hunt down on e-bay for the next god knows how long . If you come across one please drop me a line !

Also -can you point me in the direction of any 850 posters also. It would be much appreciated. The only two I've seen are the one with the Plane in the background and the front on shot.

Many Thanks
    Gary

In my office I have an original poster / advertisement for my E30 M3 Convertible from the 80's and it looks great framed.

Question is - did BMW ever do an Original BMW 840 Sport poster or advertisement ( Ie my model car ). I have a brochure from the mid 90's but it would be cool to get a 840 Sport poster or advert to sit alongside my framed E30 M3 advert.

The only one I've seen is one from 1992 on e-bay with a Red 850csi.

Anyone know :)

Gary

Anyone any good websites for Tyre pressures. The Alpina's have Falkens 245/40/18 & 285/35/18 and i need to get hold of the correct tyre pressures. Which isn't as easy as I'd thought. Any direction would be appreciated.
    GARC

Guys - Thanks - In the excitement of getting wheels on last week I omitted to notice the tread direction. :banghead: But as I said I was pretty excited :devilchilli:.

Anways - will change round this weekend.

Bodywork is in pretty good shape. Before I put on the Alpina's I clayed and waxed ( with Zymol ) which gave a pretty good result. I know some of you like the colour but to be honest I'm just not that sure. Never have since getting the car, however as you know you need to buy these cars on condition rather than colours. It's growing on me I suppose.

Thanks again for the comments. David8 - The interior is Nappa cream / piped leather. resonable condition except the front drivers bolster.

Gary

steveirl
    Thanks for the comments - Onthe tyres I simply followed the guide from the original B12 Alpina package and it was also the sellers recommended sizes. Worth considering though when the time comes to change.
    Gary

Hi Folks,
    You may remember that when i bought the 8 I posted on here that I had to have a set of 18" Staggered Alpina's. After months of searching the net with daily searches on e-bay I didn't find anything.

So call me mad but I forked out on new ones shod with Falken 452's :devilchilli:And I'm very please to say the least. :devilchilli:

Before and after pics + other below.