Beiträge von dudu

Zitat von wokke;119996

Hi dudu,

now I'm having the same issue on my black 1991 850i. Neither DIS nor INPA are talking to the airbag module. I changed my steering wheel and didn't disconnect the battery prior to taking the old one out. Stupid mistake but now it's too late. Did you ever manage DIS or INPA to talk to the airbag module? It does work on a 1193 model but not on mine.

Hi Wokke. Nope, i have not been able to talk with the airbag module since i had the issue. As i was able to reset it using the E30 procedure and it worked, now i am in mode "if it is working, do not touch it.." ( despite it should work better... :grin2: ).

Cheers.

Edu.

Bump... the strange issue with the SRS not able to communicate with DIS, seems to be causing some troubles to some other modules as revtor pointed... Now i am not able to get data from the EML/DME... ( neither from SRS... )

How should proceed ? Disconnecting the modules one by one and check cabling can be a nightmare... but i have no other idea about how to deal with this..

Thanks.

Just to update.. It can be useful if somebody needs this information in the future..

According a bimmerforums member ( Thanks ArnoNym !!!! ) the values shown by my DK are within range due the "monster" tolerance... ( aprox +/- 70% over nominal values.. uffff ). Anyway, i am looking for a DK with similar values to mine....

Hello dudu850!

Today I made some measurements on 5 DKs, to compare the readings.

Pair one, Number 1, Pin 6 to Pin 8:
    Throttle closed: 3,10 KOhm
    Throttle open: 1,25 KOhm
    Pair one, Number 2, Pin 6 to Pin 8:
    Throttle closed: 3,21 KOhm
    Throttle open: 1,29 KOhm

Pair two, Number 1, Pin 6 to Pin 8:
    Throttle closed: 1,95 KOhm
    Throttle open: 1,11 KOhm
    Pair two, Number 2, Pin 6 to Pin 8:
    Throttle closed: 2,36 KOhm
    Throttle open: 1,22 KOhm

The single one, Pin 6 to Pin 8:
    Throttle closed: 2,49 KOhm
    Throttle open: 1,42 KOhm

For a better understanding I attached two clippings, borrowed from Shoguns documents, and added a caption to the schematic diagram.

As well here are some German/English translations for the most important terms:

Betriebsspannung / Operating Voltage

Pruefspannung / Test Voltage
    Potentiometerwiderstand / Potentiometer resistor (RN)
    Schutzwiderstand, Poti / Protection resistor, Potentiometer (Rs)
    Durchgangswiderstand, Schalter / Resistor Security switch (RD) (not literal translation)

My assessment – As the protection resistor, Rs, 1800 Ohm has an unbelievable wide tolerance of +/- 1200 Ohm (min. 600 Ohm to max. 3000 Ohm), the measurements of your DKs meets the tolerance. If the +/- 1200 Ohm tolerance is not a writing error, everything is fine with your DKs.

Best regards

Joachim

Hi.

After replacing a lot of things that can cause a rough idle ( ignition plugs, distributor, injectors, rotors... checked the intakes, gas pressure,etc,etc ) i think i have just found the root cause...

According to this ...

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/564874 and mainly, this
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/565036

my understanding is that resistance ( in ohms ) between pins 6 and 8 must be about 2,0 KOhm +/- 800 Ohm...

DK for cylinders 1 to 6 ( the DK at the drivers side ) , shows 3,3 KOhms... ( this is the engine side with less smoke from the exhaust..) while DK at cylinders 8 to 12, shows 2,1KOhm... that looks fine to me...

Do somebody knows if this is correct, and DKs resistance between 6 and 8 should be the one in the previous lines ( 2000 +/- 800 ) ?

Thanks

Thanks Noggie. Do not worry about this,as some members of the Spain E31 club have taken some different measures on different camshafts and the values shown seem to be the right ones across different engines ( M70 on an E31 / E32 or S70 at a CSI ).

Now it is time to work again at the car to check what happens... ( my guess is that some of the crappy lifters i bought have failed... but who knows... ).. If lifters are the main cause, then next ones will be directly from the "stealer"....

PD:... have a good trip !!

As i am still suffering from the damn ticking noise and lifters should be ok ( 2 years old ) , levers should be ok ( 2 years old ), oil pressure is ok ( when displayed at the MID it is within the range... oil pump chain is ok, no unbolted screws at the oil pump, banjo bolts fixed ), it is time to open the valve covers again and check the camshaft and all the related stuff... ( including lifters and levers )

Past time i worked at the engine.. i took some measures for the cams... ( aprox 35mm at the base circle + lobe lift ) but would like to know if somebody have real numbers about its size ( when good )

Thanks.

Just another remark... Drive without forcing the car at first lap... and once the car is warmed up... start pushing a bit lap by lap till you feel comfortable enough.. ( ah, and do not try to follow the fast cars at the lane ... ). And, as said at bimmerforums... take a look at your brakes and wheels before going into the track...
    Also, last lap should be a slow one... just to reduce the hot at some parts of the car before stopping...

Zitat von TERMINATOR;109513

Thanks for the kind words Deep.:)
    I also posted some pictures on "850 Facebook", and the feedback has been great, it seems that people like what I've done with the bumper:devilchilli:

At the Spain E31 website there are some photos from your bumpers, and people is amazed with it. Very good job indeed. :top: