Beiträge von dudu

Zitat von Fatandre;107845

So this so called repair option.
    When does it work.
    Also I had this situation that on my car from standing over the summer the battery had cone completely empty.
    The ctek didnt even start to charge it.
    Also can you just connect the Ctek under the hood and charge both the batteries like you would be doing one?

Mine has been able to fully reload some batteries after they discharged with no major issues... but it took some time.. ( almost a day ).
    Also, was able to "repair" some other ones, that were in working condition but "sulphated" ( if translates )... but some other ones it was unable as the battery was dead... ( the CTEK throws a red light after a while ).

Regarding your last question... a photo taken just now...

As said in a previous post, yes, i have some expertise with a CTEK... I bought a XS-3600, but despite it had the required power to maintain both batteries at the same time, it was too tight... so, bought the XS-7000 and it is able to load and maintain both batteries ( 95Ah ) without troubles...

Regarding repair... well, the chargers are not able to "repair" a battery when it had gone beyond its expected working time...

Zitat von gwen22;107730

WOW 12.18 is really low...

Well, the engine was not running at that time...
    Anyway, i have verified ( and replaced ) the "hidden fuse" and also verified that the cabling ( from / to temp sensor and DME ) is ok... Also tested with a new DMEs temp sensor and it is OK now...but, after reviewing the stored error messages for DME2, it looks like a Crankshaft engine speed sensor happened in the past... Thanks to one member of our club ( thanks Ander :top: ) i have a spare set of them that will be replaced tomorrow.

( This error seemed to appear after a test made a couple days ago, when tried to start the car to check if the car was able to start when really cold... )

Have just found a clue... Look at the engine temp.... ( -19,6 ºC )

It is the same for 1..6 than for 7..12, so , wrong sensor or cabling issue at the sensor sending the temp signal to the DMEs... ( 13 62 1 707 366 )..
    EML temp is correct...

Hi.

No major changes at the car. ( latest was water hoses replacement a couple months ago ). The car has been running fine for the past months,... till Friday. Some other guys suggest to check for cracked fuses...

No CEL light, no Check Engine.. DIS OK... this is crazy !!!

Thanks

Please, help...

My car is suffering from some strange behaviour since this Friday... The car started and ran for about 10 kilometers, but then, without any reason, the engine stopped , and it was not able to start again... After a few minutes the engine started, but then, after some time ( may be 6 minutes), the idle was erratic, then fine, then idling correctly, and then stopped again.... The engine starts sometimes, and some other ones not... When started, sometimes it is able to be running for minutes, and some other ones.. no.
    There is fuel smell at the car, so fuel pumps are working...and batteries are fully charged. Tried replacing both DMEs, with replacement ones i have, and same behaviour...

No registered errors at DIS...so, no idea about what can be happening....

Any clue ?

Thanks Shogun. i am now reading it, and have seen it suggest some other additional checks to do. Will provide measures on my car.

Also, to clarify, the error i am getting from the SIR3 is the second one... communication error with the module. Next step is start checking the SRS module connecting the module side X74 plug to the SIR3.. This way, no external modules will be interfering it... Crossing fingers..

Edu.

Zitat von revtor;107605

I reread the thread and perhaps I misread it in the past... I always assumed the airbag diagnostics worked until you replaced the instrument cluster bulb, but is that actually true? Were you able to diagnose/clear the airbag module before this issue occurred? Did you successfully use DIS/INPA on the airbag module before?

Which diagnostic interface do you use? GT1 yellow head? ADS? Something else?

Hi revtor.

Yes, i was able to diagnose the Airbag module in the past using the same hardware i am now using, that is, a laptop with a vmware running DIS and an ADS interface from rv8flyboy.

Yesterday night i ran an exhaustive test on alll the modules trying to figure out if some other module could cause some strange behaviour, but no significative error messages... Also tried to connect ( once again ) the replacement module ( same reference than the one i currently have ), and the behaviour was the same when connecting the X74 plug ( no other plugs were connected at that time ).
    I will continue with checks along this weekend, but not sure how to proceed. Will try disconnecting the cluster and check if the airbag module is now able to "chat" with DIS due to something at the cluster causing this weird behaviour from both airbag modules ( the original one, and the one from the E34 ( still not being able to code it.. ))

Thanks a lot.

more info...

• pin 6 at X74 (RxD) - to pin 15 of the diagnostic head. Measured resistence below 0,5 ohms
    • pin 7 at X74 (TxD) - to pin 20 of the diagnostic head. Measured resistence below 0,5 ohms
    • SRS module screw to ground, below 0,5 ohms

So, as revtor suggested, no apparent issues at Tx and Rx lines, neither at ground.

Quick update....

Connection to ground .- OK
    Red light flash for a few minutes ( not one minute as i said...may be 5.. ) , then stop flashing and keep light on...
    Disconnected all connectors... no lights ( obviously, no airbag... )
    Disconnected all connectors but the X74... same light behaviour... SIR3 same failure... DIS.. no module found...

Will try tomorrow with cleaning the connectors and checking for some cabling issue at the X74 ( as the replacement module had the same behaviour )

Will update.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Hi Ivan.

Some members at the Spanish E31 club ( you can find us at http://www.e31.es ) have replaced some wiring at their cars with no major issues, using non-specific automative cabling. The most important thing is what arnie said... just keep using the right sizing to avoid the cables to overheat.

Also, may be some of us can help you with a replacement cabling, or provide you some contacts to get a used one...

Regards/Saludos.

Just connected the SIR3.. and flashing codes are for a "wiring issue" ( as you suggested ) .... so , will need to check all the wiring coming from /to the SRS module to check for some shortcut ( or open circuit ) "somewhere"....

What i do not understand is that from the X74 connector there are no issues to the diagnostic connector at the hood...

• pin 6 at X74 (RxD) - to pin 15 of the diagnostic head ( worked )
    • pin 7 at X74 (TxD) - to pin 20 of the diagnostic head. ( worked )

so, what should i check and where ?

Will update...

This is frustrating as everything seems to be ok and no error messages now at the car... Next step is ... connect the diagnostic head directly to the SRS module connector ( X74 ) bypassing the pins 6 and 7 ... that is

• pin 1 at X74 (+12V ) to pin 14 of the diagnostic head
    • Ground to pin 19 of the diagnostic head

• pin 6 at X74 (RxD) - to pin 15 of the diagnostic head.
    • pin 7 at X74 (TxD) - to pin 20 of the diagnostic head.

For pins 6 and 7 i will disconnect cables ( with a switch ) from X74, but the question is... if connected directly ... will DIS/INPA work or will i need a specific reset tool like SIR3 ?

Thanks.

Hola.

Este pasado fin de semana unos cuantos miembros del club E31 España estuvimos en la Jornada de puertas Abiertas que se celebra anualmente en el circuito del Jarama.

El día empezó feo y lluvioso, pero al final del día , pudimos rodar con el suelo seco y disfrutar de unas cuantas vueltas ( a ritmo mas o menos tranquilo ) con nuestros coches.

Nos reunimos unos 10 coches, contando con dos CSi, un 840 y el resto 850.

Os pongo la foto mas llamativa del día y desde aqui agradezco a Gonzalol la organización del evento.

Saludos.

Finally ( and after reading information at some german E32 and E38 forums ) i got a modified oil filter cap and installed the pressure and temp sensor on it...

cables have been routed through the rubber grommet underneath the fuse box...