Beiträge von dudu

Thanks Revtor.

Yes, you are right.. i was not checking the pin correctly...Once done properly, i have measured the 12V at pin 1.. but still the same issue.
    I will run a short test as i remember that there were some message about a shortcut somewhere... may be this shortcut is causing some troubles to the SRS module.

Cheers

Still trying to solve this...

There is connectivity from the SRS module ( the 8 pin orange X74 ) to the diagnostic head ( 6 and 7 from SRS to 15 and 20 at the diagnostic head ) and seems to be 12V at the pin number 1....

I have replaced the current module with the replacement one ( after disconnecting batteries ) and still not able to get info... When checked at the diagnostic plug.. and checking the pins suggested by DIS, it seems that pin 15 has low voltage...

Any clues..?

Thanks

Well, batteries fully charged, tested with a laptop and also with the desktop computer using DIS... same behaviour... Then with INPA... "no module found".

Time to do the hard work and start checking the wires revtor pointed.. Will update ( i hope this weekend.. )

Thanks for your patience and support.

Somebody has suggested to full load the batteries just before running more tests... Yeah, i know... rule number one on this car... :banghead: :banghead:

Now recharging. Let´s do the CTEK XS7000 made its magic on the 8er....

Will update as soon as they will be fully charged and a few tests have been done...

Cheers.

Zitat von revtor;104139

In DIS, is there absolutely no communication with the airbag module? If you select "[19] AIRBAG" and click next, do you get a control unit not found error or do you still see the module's hardware & software versions, coding index,...? If you perform the "Short test" on the DIS E31 control unit survey screen (ignition key in position I or higher), is the "[19] AIRBAG" entry visible after the test completed?

No airbag module ( 19 ) found at the short test. When tried to test the module running a specific tests it said that need another 30 seconds to reach it, and then, after some time a lot of messages telling that i should test power supply and connectivity for TX and RX lines, showing some resistance values.

According your first paragraph, the module seems to be working, what looks promising. Will check INPA and also INPA at another old computer i have around ( the laptop is a DELL and i have read some post about old DELL serial ports no running fine with DIS... )

No luck.

Just replaced the SRS box with a replacement one, and same issue... Airbag light flashing at "I" key switch position , also at "II".

Tried to recode new SRS box, and the car is not able to find it... I have tested replacing the N17 relay.. no luck.

Will check if +12V present at the SRS plug when key at "I" or "II"..

Thanls.

Hi.

I have just found this ( for E32 / E34 ) :

forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1564802

Is there something similar for our cars ?

I requested more information about this and the creator ( Shogun ) said that german club has working on this, but i have been not able to find anything else around the web.

Cheers.

Zitat von revtor;102651

In the early cars the VIN is not stored in the airbag module, but the module will require recoding nevertheless because all crash parameters will be set to the E34. In DIS select "Coding/Program." > "[3] ZCS/FA CODING" > "[1] E31 Series" > "[1] Recoding" > "[19] AIRBAG" and follow the instruction. Make pictures of the new airbag module's labels. You might need some of the numbers later on.

Thanks revtor. Will update.

Zitat von reinhard;102660

dudu
    Pls elaborate on procedure and success of fix.

Hi. This URL will point to a traslated version of the spanish version ... Hope it will be clear enough. Anyway, if somebody has some doubts, i will try to explain.

http://translate.google.com/tr…ion-del-viscoso-373263%2F

Another one with more photos..

http://translate.google.com/tr…cion-de-viscoso-147728%2F

And latest one, plenty of photos and details...

http://www.bmwfaq.com/f16/bric…-525tds-e34-fotos-351795/

Cheers,

Also the visco coupling can be "refurbished" ( at least while looking for a new one ) using some Silicone Oil. For example we have rebuilt some of them at our club using the Toyota SILICON OIL with the following reference number : 08816-03001 ( aprox 6€ )...

Zitat von revtor;102217

The fact that the diagnostic software cannot communicate with the module may hint at a bad airbag module. I'm afraid I know no other way to test it than to exchange it with another module.

I have just got a replacement module and will be testing along the weekend ( after disconnecting batteries.. )

Quick question... Do you know if it will require from a recoding to match with the car´s VIN ? Car is a 1990 850 and SRS module a "6577 1382905" ( same ref as mine ) from an E34...

Thanks.

Don´t ignore...We at Spain are suffering from this crazy idea since a couple years ago, and now the periodic MOT is a nightmare... ( or a money drain if you need from an external company to verify and register at the car´s card , that changes you have made are "valid"... )

Hi.

No luck, neither with disconnecting batteries. I have read somewhere that moving the key switch to "start" with the cluster disconnected can cause this error ( at least airbag light ) and that a special tool was needed. I supposed that GT1 will be able to do this... but still no luck. May be the module has gone bad ? How could it be checked ?
    I have checked airbag at the connector ( +/- 4 ohm ) with batteries disconnected and avoiding the microswitch at the connector to close the loop., so it does not look a physical airbag issue.

Cheers,