Beiträge von dudu

I am sure this guy will complain about his 8 in a few days... not sport enough, too expensive to maintain, some issues with trasmission,... blah, blah, blah...

8´s are done to be enjoyed in such another way... :driver:

My car uses Falken 452 also... cheap and really good.. ( 140€ each one, 265/40 ZR17 ).

Regarding noise... no noise at all.

Hi all.

Some friends have been talking about thermostat...
    Some of us, have the standard 85º.... so, standard config.
    Some other ones have replaced the standard one ( 85º ) by the australian "tropical" one... rated at 70º, and some other ones.., the ones with ""binary right foot"" :driving2:, have removed it ...

We have read, somewhere, that below some temp ( 70 ?, 75 ?, 80 ? ... ) the DME thinks that the car is not warm enough , and it uses a "rich" mixture... , so, the question is....
    What is the temp where DME switches from rich fo normal??

Thanks.

Hi, you rock !!! :top: :top:

The first one is the one i was looking for, the one explaining how to change the torque converter fluid !!!

Thank you very much !!!

Hi.

You can get the right type of automatic transmission fluid from some documents at wuffer ( www.wuffer.net ).
    Some of our 8's do not use the "standard" ATF.

Regarding the gearbox, i know some old Mercs have a drain screw at the torque converter... and i do not really understand why the 8's do not have the same screw to allow us do that...

I am still trying to find the document i got from e31faq, but it seems those documents have not been transfered to 8er, or i can not get them...

WIll continue checking... I really think we should drain and replace the whole fluid.. instead of some piece of it...

See you.

Hi all.

Some time ago i saw a document at e31faq.com about replacing "ALL" the ATF from the gearbox/converter.

Some guys tell me this is not neccessary, and that replacong only the ATF from the gearbox ( not the converter ) will give me enough clean fluid to keep the car running and running with no issues.

What do you think ?

Do you know where can we get the document from e31faq ?

Thanks ( and happy to be here... :top: )

Eduardo.

850iA - 1990 ( Mauritisublau Paint / Silvergrau Leather )

PS:... may be this is not the right forum... but i am now a bit "missing" within 8er.org.