Beiträge von CaifanSC

Aaah....yeah, that's similar to the problem all these SMG cars have when doing things like parallel park. I hear it gets tricky :). Thanks for the input Reinhard.

Does anyone know what is actually problematic with the shiftronic system? I'm assuming any electronic pieces can be replicated and probably upgraded with new components. Hydraulic lines, brackets etc can also be fabricated.

Just curious

Zitat von reinhard;117795

Owner lost everything, stripped parts from B12 to keep daily driver 840 rolling.

That's what drugs do to you....keep the 840 on the road...strip the UBER rare alpina. Yikes!

Very lamentable state of that car :(

Zitat von huldra66;110451

Black domelight looks good :) . I have the black C pillar ones , but standard dome light , can these be purchased from BMW still

This one ?
    INTERIOR LIGHT AND READING LIGHT SCHWARZ 63312259914

Regards
    Terje

I need one of those for my CSi!

Zitat von reinhard;114601

Once the US-spec CSi production was finished in 1996 there wasn´t any US spec car which received styling 21 throwing stars ex-factory. On a 1997 Ci they must have been purchased separately at some later stage and the person buying them skimped out on the 5th ;)

Cheers
    Reinhard

That's what happened with my 850...it came originally with turbines and then was later upgraded to style 5's, but the spare is still turbines. That reminds me...i gotta make sure the spare wheel in my CSi is correct.

Zitat von BBMatic;114912

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/24813/

I know it'll never happen, [i like my car OEM] but out of interest, where / how would these have been sourced?
    Red needles, lol, would be.. still further intriguing..

I actually like the regular 850 cluster :). I saw the car which has these gauges (now in canada I think) and thought they actually fit the car. It caught me by surprice because as far as the 8 is concerned i'm not a fan of colored gauges. I really do not like white gauges on the 8's....except maybe if it's on a white car.

Now blue alpina gauges or CSi....<3

Zitat von revtor;114928

Revtor, you wouldn't happen to have the PN for that petrol octane requirement in german do ya? I asked about this for the NA market ones but it would be cool to see one in german :)

Zitat von 8Harry8;114107

:hmmmm: Do you have Range Rover springs?!?

haha...not at all, stock springs all around with bilstein sports....that will hopefully be resolved soon with either eibach or cobra springs.

I'm just about to do that to mine! The actual shift knob is broken on mine and the boot is fine. This actually works out because I think you have to reuse your leather boot when installing the lighted knob, correct? Do you happen to have a part number for the one you ordered?

Zitat von wokke;114783

Let me guess:
    your black CSi barely gets any attention right now, correct? ;)

That's what happens when you go red ;)

I'm with Anguswolfendale...a bit of clarification would be appreciated. I see three related items on bavauto's website, I'm looking to get the smoked set but I'm confused by the options.

Part# H2108A S, Bavarian Autosport Smoked Urethane Headlight and Fog light Shields for $44.95

Part# H2108W, Bavarian Autosport Clear Urethane Headlight, Parking Light and Fog light Shields for $44.95

Part# H2108A, Bavarian Autosport Clear Urethane Headlight and Fog light Shields for $40.45

Good luck to the original poster with his issue.

Martin, excellent illustrations for the relay re-soldering. I had issues with my headlights some time ago and changing the relay fixed everything. I think I'm going to open up the old one and check those connections and resolder. Always good to have a spare one of these.

Zitat von revtor;112244

anguswolfendale: That's Mike Coenen's website. For many of us the #1 E31 resource before 8coupe.com was founded. And yes, Mike is a member here (user profile).

I'd like to say thanks to Mike as well. I was already in love with the 8 Series, but his website certainly helped pulling the trigger in actually buying one.

+1!!! This was one of the first sites I visited after becoming infatuated with the e31. It's also responsible for my color choice :) ....and...it's still responsible for me wanting to do a black/red two-tone combination in my car!

Zitat von reinhard;112968

---
    This car allegedly once belonged to "mano de dios" Diego Maradona

:winkwink:
    Reinhard

Now that's one I wouldn't mind owning! Pelusaa!!!

HOLLY CRAP! Excellent pictures!

I haven't been able to see all pictures because i'm still in the office (late day for me today..yuk) but so far i'm impressed!

I'm torn though. For one thing, I'm glad to see the Alpinas in their natural habitat...as they were engineered to exist...on the road taking long trips for the pleasure of driving. On the other hand, I'm used to seeing them in show quality and seeing them dirty and dusty like that at first made me cringe. But i'm sure if I were driving one of those alpinas the dust would be the least of my worries :)