Beiträge von CaifanSC

Zitat von wokke;113195

it's a valve making sure no coolant goes through the heater core before it hasn't reached a certain temperature.

Aaah, it's a shut off valve....Absperrventil auf Deutsch :).

I was able to find some very similar valves but for a webasto system for the 7 series (see below). The pump seems to be the same with the exception of the mounting points. I guess if need be a bracket could be fabricated.

Zitat von wokke;106619

Hey Wolf, what is this piece mounted with a green bracket? I'm assuming is some sort of pressure valve? I was wondering if you can possibly get any part numbers or inscriptions in the body.

I'm reading the installation PDF but I"m not quite sure what connects to the hose that comes all the way from the bottom of this valve thing. Is it the coolant crossover from the back of the heads?

I wanted to post a few pix of the units and connectors I need.

IR yellow module, yellow 26-pin connector & bracket (blue AUC module shown for reference only):

and then this small white 6 pin connector (only three wires go to it though) which plugs in to the IRS sensor also pictured below, located in roof area, right behind sunroof switch panel.

Wow, the color is indeed different...but the work looks to have been done the RIGHT way. Altho not my preferred color so far no 8'er i've seen has been ugly :laugh:. Even that pinkish colored CSi with the huge Hamann wheels in Deutschland...i would still parade around in that proudly hehe.

Reinhard, if I may...i'd like to ask you for one more favour! In the pictures from that last thread the owner of the java green 8er ended up making the foil look perfect! Do you know what he did? The foil appears to line up perfectly and completely fill the space in the diffuser.

I was thinking of buying another foil and cutting one of the corners so that I can make one good foil in the right size and with the right alignment for the tow eye cover.

Reinhard, is there maybe a missing number from the PN you provided above? I tried looking it up in bmwfans.info and it's not coming up.

Wow, so someone painted their 8 in that Java grun? Interesting...any clue where I can see more pix of that car just to quench my curiosity?

Wow that's a terrible fit on that picture of the green car! Doesn't look like that at all on the first pictures of the blue car.

Thanks for the part number Reinhard! You're the man!

PS....is that shade of green a factory color?

Just as a follow up, I'm about to install my sports seats so while removing my old seats I tested my current driver side memory seat and plugged it up to the seat connector on the passenger side and...lo and behold...everything works! All power functions work including the memory settings!

Conclusion....if you want to add the passenger side memory function to your 8, look for a driver's side seat for a RHD/LHD...whatever's opposite to yours :)

Now to keep an eye out for a moderately priced drivers RHD sports seat in black :)

Wow, not a bad price considering the extra leather treatment!

Zitat von koenig dave;110737

I an tired of RED.

Blasphemy!! :laugh:

I also dig Technoviolet. Brokarot was also suggested and it's a very nice color.

Other suggestions: Santorini blue if you want to still attract attention from a color that's not red :) or a nice british racing green.

Hi there, I do have the auto-dimming mirror. I've checked the wiring around the mirror/sunroof area and I don't have any extra connectors or harnesses. I don't think they're hard to make but I just need the right connectors to make my own harness. If it helps, my chassis number is CB42366 US-spec car.

Bumpy bump :)

Good day to all,

I'm looking for some parts for the old Infra Red keyless entry system. Pretty much impossible to source those in the states so if anyone knows of an early 8 (up to 93 i believe) that's being parted or happen to come upon any IR system parts please let me know.

I'm particularly looking for the wiring harnesses or, at the very least, the electrical connectors (with a few inches of wiring harness) for the IR sensor mounted in the sunroof panel and the yellow 26 pin connector going to the control module. Also the mounting bracket for the Infra red/AUC control modules.

I can still get the module new, but if you come across one that's cheaper I'll take that too.

I can provide pix of the connectors and locations if necessary. They can also be found in the Forum>Information>Tech Hints>Vehicle Components sections (or the link below).

http://www.8er.org/forum/forum…hp?104-Vehicle-Components

Thanks for any assistance guys.