Beiträge von CaifanSC

im concerned to see more and more 8's with rust issues.

At first I thought these things were good defending themselves against rust because I never really read of rust issues. Could it be perhaps that because of the rare nature of the 8 they were guarded against rust because they were garage kept? And now that they are more, let us say "affordable", and driven as "regular" cars (meaning exposed to all types of weather) they begin to behave as regular cars and develop rust?

Where do you gather so much info from Reinhard :top:

So the first picture is the original interior of this Brokatrot alpina and then, it was sent BACK to alpina to get the interior updated? It's amazing!! I wonder how much this 'update' had to be paid by teh owner. I wasn't aware Alpina would do such updates either. I guess they stand by their cars even after sold (assuming the seller is willing to pay!)

wow, looks like a very involved job! That's one of the worst cases of rust i've seen on an 8 series. Glad you got it fixed!

Zitat von reinhard;95675

The thinnest type of leather I have seen was on those two covers surrounding the headrest arm and also on the two little plugs that hide the screws in the door handle (yes, those came covered in leather too...:roll:)

Sick! In a very good sort of way!

Zitat von revtor;95669

CaifanSC: The factory GSM system will not work in the US. It's operating on the GSM900 band that was never available in the US.

I had to go back and double check as I thought there was a carrier in the US that used GSM 900 (I use AT&T which uses 850 so I remember Tmobile/Deutch Telekom used that "other" frequency with 900 on it). After checking, you are absolutely right...I was confusing the frequency...T mobile uses 1900, not 900. I guess i got confused since they have the same numbers.

There goes that idea

Excellent post! Seeing an interior with EVERYTHING wrapped in leather does give you the feeling of 'super car' even if now 8ers don't pull big $ in the market.

Zitat von revtor;95554

Is the leather wrapped around a standard vinyl dashboard, or do the leather dashboards use different base parts? I can imagine that the leather, seams and stitches would make the parts too thick in some areas if it was wrapped over the standard vinyl. The center console wood trim, for example, also uses entirely different base parts than the plastic center console.

I'd also like to know the same as Revtor...i had seen leather wrapped dashes...but not the rest of the parts. I always thought once I'm "done" with most replacement things on the 8 I would want to do a leather wrapped dash for extra luxury.

Zitat von Fatandre;92453

If you want a set of foldable seats I can probably get one for you with all the moutnings.
    Payed like 150 for mine.

Thanks for the offer man! However, shipping would probably be expensive going across the pond. They're not on the top priority list for the 8, but when I decide to do it I'll keep ya in mind.

Zitat von 8Tech;92494

Despite being a luggage rack, I see they have seatbelt catches. Not very comfy looking or the catches could be for luggage restraints.

I like the folding rear seats though with the hidden compartments when in the folded position.

I too wondered when I saw the seatbelt catches...but given the location I figured it was for the luggage. It must actualy look quite nice having some lugagge there with the belts. I can only recall some ferrari's having a similar setup.

I've always wanted to upgrade to the foldable rear seats.

I must admit that I like the idea of this luggage rack simply...and only...because its rare!

I'm very curious to see what was in this "individual" brochure...I guess that's also where the luggage set was offered.

Any clue where I can find a copy of it?