Beiträge von Alex McDonald

Hi All, after reading many posts regarding thrust arm bushes and camber plates, I was tempted to try them , after a short conversation with Gerry from Phoenix, plates & bushes were duly ordered. They arrived next day and fitted without complications. After confirming tracking settings with Gerry, I drove my usual 12miles home and all I can say is WOW !!!!!! the difference is amazing !!!!:top:

If anyone deserves a 'plug' for 100% customer satisfaction its Phoenix Motorsport and Gerry in particular.

Cheers
    Alex

Zitat von Lloyd;58792

Alex I was refering to the binacle, as for the gearshift this is a question I have asked before because mine does not have any lights only the plastic orange strip that moves up and down:hmmmm:

Lloyd, just driven home in the dark and the orange strip on mine is illuminated (backlit), I would hazard a guess the bulb/s are tied in with the ignition circuitry, the P,N,R,D M/S, are not illuminated unless sidelights are on, hope this helps you track down blown bulb or broken wires, cheers, Alex

Thanks lloyd, it is the gear indicator light on the dash to the left of the current mileage that seems to have dimmed, strangely, the left hand mileage digits dimmed also but are now shining brightly again, the trip digits to the right of the mileage are shining ok, are these backlit through the binnacle ?
    cheers, Alex

I've only driven about 1,000 miles since Igot my 8, it has Falken 452's all round and I've got to say I'm impressed with their dry performance but more so in the abundance of wet weather in my neck of the woods !
    Before buying my 8, I asked my friend who has an identical 8, about the pro's & con's of having an 8. I recall him commenting on aquaplaning at 30 to 40mph on almost new tyres !!!!!! My 8 is rock solid on the Falkens in the wet ! road noise is minimal.
    I'll find out which tyres were rubbish in the wet and post the offending brand !

Hi HD, I've just found out that it is said bracket that is causing an annoying squeak over some bumps and when closing the boot :dontknow:

any chance you could give me the part number and where did you get it from ?

is 18211723132 the correct number for the bottom bracket ?

Cheers, Alex

I would be grateful for any recommendations on Scottish BMW dealers for servicing and parts for my 840ci Sport.
    I have used Douglas Park BMW, Kyle St, Glasgow (formerly Henry Bros) for the past 10 years for servicing and some spares, which were unavailable from Eurocarparts, for my two 5 series.
    I've found them to be very professional and knowledgeable with my 5's, but, has anyone had their 8 serviced there ?
    Thanks in advance
    Alex

There are 10 types of people in this world,
    those who understand binary code and those who don't !

Hi, yep it did reside in Northampton, superb car, long way to go to get it, but it's everything i hoped it would be and then some :) albeit its developed an annoying squeak over some bumps !!!!!! too cold and wet to look at it just now !
    Cheers
    Alex