Beiträge von thunder2

Pushing the seat back works most of the time but now, it's becoming a little more problematic. I figured it'd be something that could do with some lubrication but I didn't know what to grease up.

Before the level snaps, anyone know what I can adjust and how to get to it? The other posts are confusing. Some say take the seat out, some say remove the headrest, some say just undo a couple of screws.

I know if I take her into the garage to adjust, it'll be another big bill which I'd like to avoid if it's just a simple job...

I've got an 840Ci and both seats seems to be sticking. You could (lightly) manhandle the seat the seat lever would then click and the seat would release and come forward but the driver's side is now sticking and won't move.

I've seen a link to look at a snapped lever but my leverage is still intact and works well most of the time but something's now sticking.

Can anyone help?

My 840Ci has been LPG'd. I'm currently paying around 48p a litre for LPG though some stations are up to about 60p a litre. For about £30, I get around 200 miles. Great value but installation was around £1500.

Performance is still good on LPG but on petrol, she runs super sweet as opposed to just sweet. @;o)

The guy who installed the system said it was the only 8 series he'd worked on and it was tricky but doable. I now have no spare wheel as that's where the LPG tank is. Worrying but it's got to be done.

Had an issue with having to lose the washer bottle that's situated in the back of the car so have to fill up with water for the wipers a little more often but no big deal.

Well worth doing...

Hey MB,

I've got a lovely 840Ci too and guess what, no interior lights either. The light in the passenger visor's working but no interior lights when the central locking's put on or switched off. I've had a few people look at it and whilst they're all happy to take my £'s, no one's come back with anything apart from the Central Locking Unit's playing up, but all my doors are working fine.

Did you get your lights sorted?

Cheers.