Beiträge von Benji 840Ci Sport

how does the M62 V8 drive on LPG?

its a good idea, although you have to do a considerable mileage before you see any return on investment...

and then theres the case of finding a station with LPG in the first place... good idea if you live on the doorstep of one i guess.

Hi Pelle, ill take a look at that before my auto electrician has a go... i need to remove the door card again anyway to replace missing panel pop-clips that were kindly broken and not replaced by whoever removed the card before me! :naughty:

think theres a how too on adjusting the window position somewhere on here...

Thanks for that Pelle.

Right...last night i checked it out...gave the door catch a good squirt with GT85...didnt work.

tried a window reset...didnt work - window (up) stopped at the 1/2" open position.

took the door card off and inspected the microswitch...was slightly dusty/dirty on the outside, looked at the 2 connector pins but they looked fine - the window dropped slightly when i disconnected the switch...then went back to position when i reconnected.

Checked the wires werent frayed etc etc everythig ok - microswitch was in its cradle also.

Didnt remove the door lock but couldnt see anything untoward...

Put the door card on, shut the door and still the window goes up to seal and then drops to the 1/2" open position.

....:hmmmm:....

so ive admitted defeat... handing it over to my auto-sparky later this week.

I now think its nothing to do with the lock mechanism...and believe its a relay.

which could be costly... :roll:

...johnny...you sure theyre only 125 at costco? is that for the fronts as i know theyre roughly half the price of the rears at around £250...

if the rears are £125 then id buy a shed...or a warehouse load!!

Camskill are the cheapest ive found...and even at £210 delivered theres no competition!

Ps i can vouch for the pilot sports snow and ice performance...got caught in snow on my way home weeks back...the tyres gripped just well enough to get me up a steep 1 in 4. :ahhhhh::cool:

hi argonaut,

thanks for the reply, ill double check the handle itself but i had it out not so long ago as i had them colour-coded and they were perfect.

I believe its the lock itself though as its operation of the latch/lock mechanism is different to that of the drivers door... :dontknow:

Im diss-assembling the door tonight so will report back!

Morning guys! just wondered if someone could supply me with a passenger door latch assembly diagram?

My problem is the door shuts (unconvincingly) the widow goes up into the seal, then it drops the regulation 1/2" as if the doors going to open again?

The window appears to be working as it should.

Theres nothing hindering the window around the seal area or door area.

Ive inspected (without removal) the lock catch and its movement seems hindered as opposed to the drivers door - ticking your fingers in the catch and opperating it with your fingers the DRIVERS catch has a noteable spring in it (returning the catch to the open position). However the passenger side when operated by hand seems sluggish and doesnt spring back to the open positition.

So im guessing somethings up with the lock catch itself?

Any ideas greatfully recieved as its slightly dangerous and the window is currently stopped 1/2" open.

Cheers,

Ben.

yep... michelin pilot sports for me too...wouldnt look at another tyre for the 8...

agreed with jerry...the S0-1 AND S0-2's are legendary tyres...but as he said...discontinued. A massive error by bridgstone as i dont rate their current tyres 'RE0' range.

Afternoon John!

Lovely car you have there! same colour and interior as mine! :top::top::top::top:

Its a small world... I also have a short wheel base 300ZX slick-top and had a UK skyline GT-R Vspec before the 8 series!

Must be a common progression! ;)

welcome to the forum!

Still wanting some!

Hey guys! still here! and still in love with the 8! (shes in storage at the mo)

Im still after a set of the BBS...

not fussed about condition as long as theyre straight! im stripping them down and painting the centres Nogaro Silver.

yip seems to be a greeny turquoise ... maybe its had a full respray and the bodyshop didnt bother with the paint code... "dave!....get that blue paint..."

too light for mauritious...detailed a mauritious 8 the other day...thats a very dark blue.

have to agree with the original post..the new GT looks absolutely awful...the only current BMWs i would consider are the M cars....apart from that maybe an alpina 3 series coupe... normal BMWs just dont have the beauty or WOW factor that they really should have.

i dont believe they will never equal the design of the 8.

WOW! thanks for all the info guys!! i will check personally, that everything is nice and tight and no bushings are knackered etc and take it from there. TBH i drove into work this morning and i didnt notice any "slack" problems so it cant be that bad whatever it is...

will report back!

searching around yesterday on the web, people have replaced the servotronic boxes when the steering goes overly heavy at low speeds etc or the steering weight changes through a corner at varying speeds...but i havent heard of the boxes being replaced due to slack issues...yet?

so maybe ive been advised wrongly...as per...

we'll see...

called the local dealership and they have quoted £1447+ VAT + a surcharge of £280 for my steering box which is sent off...im then refunded the surcharge...so im guessing these units are in short supply!!!

I questioned wether the 840Cia shares the same servo steeringbox that the 740 has...but it doesnt, its unique to the 840i and the 840CiA.

the part number is 32131138869.

im now wondering what to do as thats a whacking price to fix a seemingly tiny problem...