Beiträge von beemapete

Hello All!

Sent mine in for new suspension arms and bushes, had my steering 'UJ's tightened and some other bits and bobs, also had all 4 wheels re-aligned.

Other than the shot suspension, all looked ok underneath and all around.

I must say, it has made a huge, huge improvement to the ride and handling, it actually felt like a different car!! Was well worth doing.

Not sure whats next:dontknow: Maybe wheel refurb and some stonechips taken care of, apart from that, she's in good health :top:

See pics under 'my albums'

Very very knowledgeable and experienced ex BMW guys, they are used to E31's, so also know what to look for. Very good rates provide excellent value for money!! Based in Huddersfield. See pics for contact details.

P.S No affiliation with them, i was just referred there, i was told they were conversant with 8's. They are!

Advice please!! :help:

I will be going househunting in the South of France next week. Obviously ill be taking the '8', Ill put the pics on when i get back and will report what figures she returned.

I need some European breakdown cover whilst im out there, anybody got any contacts???

Thanks. :top:

Pete.

Hi All,

More pics of mine after i managed to get it waxed yesterday!:top: Its in my albums.

they're bloody big cars to wax by hand, ill tell you, but it was worth it.

I even polished the tailpipes!!!!:dontknow:

Weather permitting, its the interior today and ive just been told ive now got to do the wifes 530d, so all hands on deck:help:

Pete

Here we go, a real breath of fresh air!!!

Excellent dealer in Huddersfield, West Yorks.

Took mine there, really really enthusiastic parts and service guys. Believe it or not all the sales guys gathered round mine, i felt a little embarrassed to say the least.
    Speak to Andrzej (pronounced Andre') He will look after you. Call him on 01484-416010. Did me proud.

Pete.:top:

Warm Welcome

Hey Guys,

What a warm welcome you all have gave me, thanks everyone.

I have found a guy in Leeds who can refurb polished alloys, im going to send mine there, so ill let you know how much, and of course, the quality of the work. He has quoted 45.00 per wheel, for a polished finish so ill see what happens and let you all know.

You,ve all got really nice cars and i'll have to bring mine into line.

I waxed mine this afternoon and pics will be on in the morning at the latest.

Also, ive found an ex BMW guy in Huddersfield who is very very experienced with 8'ers, mine is also booked in there for some suspension bushes and arms, again, ill let you all know.

Watch this space.

Speak soon.

Pete.:mrgreen:

Hello all,

Ill put some more pics on when i get chance, maybe this afternoon, ok?

Ive registered the car on 8coupe.com so ill wait to hear from them.

obviously, its a rare colour, so ill see what we can find out on here.

Right, keep the messages coming, i will answer!!

Pete. :driver:

Hello all at 8er!!

Well, this is my 2nd 840 and i must say, i had forgotten (almost!) how good they really are. ( i sold my last one 3 years ago )
    Can i just say, im still navigating the site and getting used to it, but what a great forum!! I will be on, and chatting from now on.
    i have listed a few pics of my new 840 under 'my albums', i bought her 3 weeks before xmas 08, plate was included.

Now then, id like to refurb my wheels, they are not in too bad a state really, no real deep 'pits' if you know what i mean, i would like to keep the polished alloy look, any idea who does a good job?? Any info/advice would be great.
    Ive also been told that only 35 were painted in 'veilchenblau metallic' any more info on this????
    Looking forward to speaking with you all.