Beiträge von PZ

There is a shop in Poland, which regenerates EDC shocks. Two of our PL friends already did it. The cost is around 1500 PLN for the complete 4, which is 300-400 euro.
    I didn't drive such a car after the regeneration, but the owner has very good impressions.

Koenig will be there soon as well... By the way, do you know which gearbox was used and what axle ratio ?

I'm very very glad that it finds an appreciation... Now to keep the sense of a whole task is "only" to make it known, hopefully popular in the internet world. If anyone will be willing to help in, please just spread the news, place the links to it in forums and websites... Without the audience it can only vanish...

I have a lot of new ideas for this website. To complete the basic data will take at least one more year. On the laptop hard disc I've got more than 1000 own photos of cars and much more supplied by the manufacturers of cars. To publish it alone is quite a job... But the idea was to start it already and keep it growing and growing...

A few days ago I finally launched the project, which I was working on last 2 years and - it's a portal www.automobile-catalog.com

The specifications and performance data of all 8-series cars are already there, in fact you'll find there all BMWs...

I will be grateful for any feedback. Especially I'm quite proud of the software simulating the performance. Designed it myself, tested it on literally hundreds results of real road tests, and must say it's surprisingly accurate. It works directly on the database of specifications.
    Also to get the reliable sources, many of it very unique, was quite an effort...

Hope very much you'll like it. It's just the beginning. There is still a lot of work before me, to complete the data, put pictures, etc... Anyway I believe on this stage it already can be shown to the world.

If you'll find it worthy, I will be also very grateful for spreading the news in any possible way...

As Andrew said we are very busy know preparing the official 8-series convention in Poland for the end of August/beginning of September. As far as I can see the chances that we will all meet in PL next year are pretty high, so please stay alert...
    In a few days I will know, if the special place for the meeting will be available ...

Zitat von Noggie;71093

Also we plan on visiting the central europeean meetings and arrange a convoi to get there.

Fantastic ! We (I mean our PL 8er community) will support this idea with plesure, for example by our people from the Baltic sea coast region :itsme:

After I lost the wheels in the huge hole in the street :roll: (I don't regret it too much, must admit) I decided to keep the car in original condition and I'm not planning any new tuning wheels.

After all, it's almost 20 years old now and soon will become a true classic. The more I look at these photos, the more I realize how good and complete was the original design, full of class and "ultimate" elegance. Especially in this "black and white" colour combination...

Anyway, please judge by yourselves:

Thank you all for visiting us, the first step is always most difficult, but once is made, the for sure interesting path awaits ! The PL part of the 8-series community will always welcome you with heartiness !

I wanted to show you so much! Next time could be less intensive, there is much to see in around for many more meetings...

Armin, just register on our new forum www.e31-klub.pl . You will find there also much more photos from the event, new meetings will be for sure discussed there as well.

In spite of the name, there is no PL e31 club, at least not yet. Anyway we found a need of a separate dedicated forum with a little more restricted entrance.

Of course I will keep you informed.

Please, anyone who wants to have a direct contact with PL 8-series enthusiasts, we gladly invite to register on that forum. Now there's not much in, but that's just a beginning.

So, our Polish meeting took place as planned. Or, maybe I should say, the international meeting in Poland.

I would like to thank our friends from Holland, Dick (DickB) and his wife and Bren with a daughter, who made the effort to join us during the event.

Two nights and days of fun behind the wheel of the 8-series, evenings in super company, that’s what we call a Meeting. Totally 13 8-series cars and one 7-series in place of the one in the service, around 20 fantastic people.

Assuming that one picture is better than 1000 words, please have a look at the photos made by the participants:

We are looking forward to the next year’s event, hoping to enjoy the company of even more 8-series enthusiasts !

Zitat von Daten-Salat;65316

did you read my private message dated 10.06.09 ??

No, didn't reach me :dontknow:
    Unfortunately I have no contact with our people because PL forum is still closed :banghead:. Admin has a problem with database, as I heard.

As fas as I know there should be up to 5-6 persons. Most people will have up to 3-4 hours driving to get there, so I thought about sth like 11-12 o'clock meeting time.

I'll make some telephone calls to try to co-ordinate. My number is +48 691 480808.