Beiträge von Lerbrekk

Zitat von rcrad6653;75360

You can only buy a set of 4 springs with Eibach or H&R. You can only get pairs with OEM or used. I answered your same question over on Bimmerforums, that I have the EDC springs (front and rear) with 45k miles on them, and not rusty or pitted. If you want to stay OEM this is an option to consider as I will do them quite cheap to help you out. An example of one of the actual struts is pictured on page 3 of THIS thread.

Yes... I did send you a private message on Bimmerforums 5 min ago:laugh:

You are in USA...I thought G.B.....

Amazing... jacked up front, heard a crack and saw that the spring had broke. Can not believe this happened because of me jacking up the car. Can`t seem to find any partnumber and price in the ETK-katalog ?!? This car have EDC. I guess I go for original springs!?!

198000 km

Does any of you have any suggestions? :help:

Thank you...;-)
    Maybe it`s not so coincidental. It`s happen every time I start the car when it`s warm. This hunting idle appeared the same day after I cleaned MAFs and DKs. The idle goes normal when I set it in D.
    Did reconnect the hoses from the Fuel tank breather valves... and the hoses looked appearently good.
    Did replace DK gaskets with new ones. Did use K&N filter cleaning kit as the dealer suggested and rinning water. Was no good. Bought some Wurth MAF and trottlehousecleaner and that was really effective.

Best regards

Thor-Egil, Norway
    1995 850 CIA M73

Hei på dere...jeg kommer fra Porsgrunn :)
    Har vel så vidt snakket med Noggie og Huldra66 i diverse andre forum.
    Kjøpte en 1995 CIA M73 i mars i år. Petrol Mica blå. Veldig fornøyd med fargen og bilen generelt. Motoren fusket endel, men funnet ut av det nå.
    Bilen har ikke vært registrert de siste 3 åra. Tysk importert...

Har vært endel innpå Bimmerforums.com og Roadfly og funnet mye nyttig info. Av en eller annen grunn syntes jeg dette forumet så litt rotete ut men har nå begynt å bruke dette forumet også. Ser veldig bra ut og så er det jo flere europèere her og det er en fordel ;)

Ellers så har vi jo Schmiedmann lokalt her og det er en fordel. De sjekket bilen før jeg kjøpte den. De har tilsynelatende greie på 850er. Men jeg har faktisk erfart at det beste, billigste og lureste på alle måter er å innhente
    info på slike forum som bl.a. dette.

Welcome to the madness....ja jeg har forstått det nå...haha :harhar:

Hilsen Thor-Egil

Zitat von NickF;70822

Hi Thor-Egil, welcome aboard. Your trans fail safe and idle issues may be related. The trans fail safe doesn't always relate to the transmission..thanks BMW ;-). I broke my crank position sensor due to incorrect use of a large screwdriver and hammer :cool: and that caused a trans fail safe. The impulse sender on wires 6 and 12 will also cause that error when bad. Did you replace all of the wires? Nick

Hi Nick...Thank you.
    Do not think they are related, because I have had this TFSM message all the time. The hunting idle only since the day I cleaned MAFs and DKs. Goes away when I set in in D though and comes back next time I start the car when warm...
    Believe maybe that the message can be the positionswitch on the gearbox.

I noticed that I do not have the impulse sender (donuts) on my M73. Not sure why and what their function is?

Robmarrs...
    I just want to say thank you for the CD43 I bought from you (Ebay) this summer :top: It worked perfect and the sound in the car has improved so much.

Not to mention how nice it looks instead of the non standard...

Nice...

Thor-Egil, Norway

1995 CI M73, Petrol Mica Blue

Hello...this is my first post here ;)

Have had a 1995 CI M73 for 6 months. Really nice car. It`s a individual Petrol Mica (dark blue). 198 000km.
    Had some problems with rough idle. The main problem ended up to be one bad plugwire. There was a few vacuumleaks so all the small hoses are changed. Have also cleaned MAFs and DKs. Right after this cleaning I got a hunting idle when I start the car when it`s warm. Anyone have a solution for this?
    Also have a Trans Fail Safe Mode to sort out, but this seems to be electrical...it`shifts fine. I understand this can be a number of things and yes, the batteries are new (12 months)
    But as I said...the car now runs very smooth :driver:

Also needs a numberplateholder (CSI/M-tech) if someone have one they do not need and are willing to sell for a "reasonable" price ;)

Regards

Thor-Egil, Norway
    1995 CI M73 Petrol Mica Blue