Beiträge von E31

Hello Chaps. Please see ebay item number 200635656294 or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-…ls_ET&hash=item2eb6d12866

Here is the text :

Original Wheels and Tyres for BMW 840Ci

Ideal for restoring your BMW back to original specification or perhaps for use as a set of decent winter wheels.

Also fits other BMW models. For full list, please refer to:

http://www.alloyguide.com/BMW.php

Wheel Details (QTY4)

7.5J x 16

ET15

5stud x 120 PCD

C-Bore = 72mm

Tyre Details (QTY4)

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 Rotational

235/50 ZR16 95Y

Tyre Condition

Tyre 1 = Dated week 30/2007. Virtually new. 6+mm of tread.

Tyre 2 = Dated week 30/2007. Virtually new. 6+mm of tread.

Tyre 3 = Dated week 30/2007. Virtually new. 6+mm of tread.

Tyre 4 = Dated week 31/2007. Virtually new. 6+mm of tread.

Alloy Condition

These wheels are in overall very good condition. There are definately no cracks, dings or any that are out of true. One has a minor kerb marking to the rim and there is some mild corrosion to all four centre cap emblems, but that is all. The paint is in very good condition with stick on weights to the inside. All four centre caps present and correct. I will happily photograph and email the marks should you be interested. I always check my emails and will return any genuine queries.

Delivery

Due to item size it is collection only. However, if you wish to use a courier, the cost and method of this is entirely down to yourself. I do not mind dropping them off at a local (Cambridge area) mail depot or being available for a courier to pick them up. From Cambridge, I make journeys to Telford, Colchester, Sudbury, Bury St Edmunds - so if these are near you location then i'm sure we can work something out.

Normal ebay rules apply.

Best Regards,

Jay.

Wow! I thought the 8 got a glowing report on tonights show and I was glad it wasn't one of those challanges that see them destroyed.

With James May betting his hair, I can see Jeremy and Hamster looking after them too as Clarkson especially likes to prove a point..... and its a point well deserved for the pair.

Unfortunately, many of the top gear 'mission' cars are abused.

I remember the hand painted matt black Porsche 928...

The BMW 6er that was endurance field raced with a cardboard front bumper...

The Porsche 944 that had brass interior door fittings added...

The Alfa's that had a seat retrim with a leather jacket and a staple gun...

Worst of all, the TVR Griffith/Chimera that was de-bodied to make an electric car.

It's not looking good. Must remember its for 'entertainment' before I take it too seriously and get saddened!

Zitat von ukzero;88614

Somehow I can't see it ending well.......

The 8er will be the total underdog and be completely victorious in whatever the challange is i'm sure!

Probably.

I look forward to that. I just hope it's James May's purchase.

Might aswell show you one of mine.... the BMW naturally ;)

from here

Just as germanic/pointless/overweight/impractical/considered a BMW lovechild as the 8..... which is why I love them both :cool:

Both appreciating classics though I think; 8 series and K1

Very nice.

Surely you are spoilt for choice next door in Germany for an 8.... why did you get a UK car with the steering wheel on the wrong side? Sorry, the correct side! ;)

Interstingly, my friend was in Germany last week on business and decided to do the BMW Museum.

Every BMW was in there apart from the 8. I told him to take a picture of an 8 and it just wasn't there. He said there wasn't even a picture of one on the wall.

This, for a car that nearly bankrupted BMW, I just can't understand. Surely BMW are proud of the 8?

:hmmmm:

Hey, many interesting points Egil,

With your first point, other forums do not interest me. If you cut me half, you would not see a BMW roundel. There are only a handful of BMW’s I would consider owning and the 8 is one of them, which I why I have defaulted (temporarily) from a famous Stuttgart marque. I am not in one bit interested in mass produced (non-M) 3 and 5 series et al; or of someone fitting angel eyes and M badges to a 520. This is what I will expect to find in other forums. So, I stick around here.

I had many Porsche 944’s and I got fed-up with people saying it’s not a real Porsche – especially from the 911 group.

I couldn’t think of a finer expression of BMW's engineering prowess at the time. The motoring press of the 90’s gave the E31 a hard time – especially critical of references to the strapline ‘ulitimate driving machine’. Thing is, they didn’t get it. There are two sorts of driving, track driving, and cross continent driving. If someone told me to drive to Italy, I’d hop in my 8 like a shot. It is the ultimate mile-cruncher (and poser when you get there) and the press missed that circa 1990.

I do think it totally looks like a BMW though. The grille, the wheels, the interior, the arches, the tail lamps; all pure BMW in execution.

I think the 8 is just on the cusp of finding classic status.

Just getting back from Gaydon proves this. I heard multiple comments about the 8 from all people and its all admiration. Many wouldn’t buy one, but they are all happy to see them. Also, I followed another 8 out of the Gaydon grounds, think it was ‘robmarrs’ and I felt so proud to be running an 8. 10 times more proud most of the machinery there. People were stopping to take photos of me and ‘robmarrs’ leaving the grounds! What a change from leaving a Porsche doo in a 944 and a sense of disaproval from the air-cooled boys!

Be prepared for 8 popularity to only increase; accelerated by BMW screwing up current designs like X1's and 6series etc......:grin2:

PS - If the title of this thread is 'illegitimate son of BMW', then I would say M1 for the Lamborghini input and the Z1 for the random styling. Both are 10x more illegitimate than the 8er!

Just got in from washing the car in the pouring rain. Won't get another chance till the show so it has to be.

Neighbours must think i'm on drugs!

Here's for sun :pray:

Zitat von sandwich;80170

Bit of a bummer....Forecast doesnt look as though sunscreen will be required!

Well, preparation starts tonight with a wash............ then the 8 will get some attention too :laugh:

Wax tommorow when bodywork dry; I hate those hidden water traps around the rear lights.

So, if it is wet Sunday, I will be gutted. BBC weather for Sunday still saying Sunny Intervals for Warwick.....

Funnily enough, need some petrol too......!

Dangly rear view mirror thing (in pink! :oops:) and blue wrist band received in post today.

The rear view mirror pass says 'E24, 635 and 8-series'; but have no idea where I am going. Would like to park with you guys wherever you may be?

Is show and shine a seperate area? .....All will become clear on the day I guess.

Look forward to it. Apart from the early sunday start! :sleep2:

Hello folks. Good day, weather fine and not a mud bath like last year.

Thanks to Timm and Bernie for making me welcome.

Some 8er pics of the day and also my favourite non-8er. Enjoy :top:

A non-8er..... Sorry, but I hope you understand. :harhar:

Well, i'm a member. Its a rolling renewal every year as a Christmas present from my sister! All pre-arranged; it beats socks!

The magazine is good to keep up with meetings and trips out. My BMW garage gives me discount too. It probably doesnt break-even financially but hey...

I have always been a member of different clubs for the 'special' cars I owned no matter waht marque. I also take pride in the BMW CC GB window sticker. What a geek!

Latest notice ever... but...

Duxford Classic Car Show. Lets hope its not a mud bath like last time.

Organised by Bernie from BMW CC GB.

Thread here....

http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.…m_posts.asp?TID=5780&PN=3

Sorry didn't raise this earlier. A cancellation means I would be kicking my heels tomorrow and only just found it in the monthly mag.

Four 8's including me. List thus far....

Mikeyb1983 Alpina D3
    Sue Parker E30
    Richard E30
    Steve Murphy E30 318 Cabrio
    Pat Lewis E30 318 conv
    Malcolm E30 325 conv
    Mark Akehurst E30 Cabrio
    Tony Diamond E30 M3
    Richard p E30 M3
    Andy Allgood E30 M3 Evo Cab
    Mathew Hunt E30 M3 Evo Cab
    Priddie E30 Targa
    Nev Mello E30 Tour 3.6
    Bernie Howell E31 840
    Timm E31 840
    Matin Carey E31 840
    Barry Bramer E32 735
    Snakea E32 750
    Paul Smart E34 530
    Steph King E36 318
    Sam Taylor E36 328 sport
    John Payne E36 M3 GT
    Cruiser358 E38 728
    Dubster E38 730
    Barry Braemer E38 735
    PeteTina E38 740
    Jay740iL E38 740
    Mark Carey E38 740
    Tashax E38 750
    Lloyd Wilburn E38 750iL
    Malcolm - wife E39 528 tour
    Mark Stewart E46 330 Club Sport
    Howard Smith E46 330Ci
    Sam Taylors uncle E63 650
    Gary Wilson E93 Conv
    Nigel Carey Shelby Mustang
    Keith Townsend Z4M

Went a couple of years ago with the Porsche Club. Had my car on display for the three days.

Maybe i'm getting old and cynical, but I now take objection paying the prices asked for a three day ticket, whilst providing an exhibit for the show. After all, our 8's and many other beautiful pieces of metal make the show what it is; without admission concession.

As if running a V8/V12 to the show wasn't expensive enough!

Bar humbug rant over!