Beiträge von violetduck

Zitat von robmarrs;67007

If you want another Std headunit that works I have two complete with code that will operate your Changer P. These are the OEM fit BMW Business RDS (Philips tape unit), or you can upgrade to the BMW Business CD (CD43) which i also have available but you will loose the use of your changer.

PM me if you are interested or email me at robmarrs@aol.com or chat to me at gaydon.

shall do! I'll give you a shout whilst im down there...
    James

My apologies for my mistake re earlier post! :mrgreen-angel:

They don't look bad at all Angus, but I think on a light colour, silver or white or such like, it might look a bit odd!

Hi sparkles! Hope you're well! :winkwink:

Hmmm...well how long is the warranty for? just a year? I suppose for peace of mind (if you're a natural worrier ;)) then it might be worth it. However, if you go to an independent, and with all the contacts on here for parts, etc, it would have to be something pretty major to happen to cost you £1400 (this coming from the guy who has spent 7k on his!).

i've always found John Clark to be a bit inept myself, plus the hourly rate is insanity for a 12 yr old car...it is currently £124 +VAT :bash:! They should give you a discount off labour...4+ or the equivalent. I go to the BMW dealership in Leeds and I get labour for £50+VAT from a main dealer.

That is much more reasonable! :top:

If you want to use an independent, I know of an extremely good one in Aberdeen, I go there frequently! In fact, the 8 is there just now getting the suspension done. Granted, I get all my servicing done at BMW, but any little bits I generally get done at the indi rather than John "I'm a ginger goblin":evil: Clark's!

None of that probably helps, but thought I'd air my thoughts :mrgreen:

EEP thats not good!

Ah I'm not a fast driver at all. I'm a part time paramedic so I go to enough RTA's as it is. See far too much road pâté (motorcyclists) and people wrapped up in Vauxhall Corsas.

Plus, I've got to pay the price as a young(ish) driver being tarred with the same brush as maniacs in peugeot 106's and orange focus's! :bash:

BTW that Clio is just mental no matter what speed you take it. I was pottering along at about 50 on a dual carriageway, and you could feel the back end kick out just a little if you put even the slightest amount of throttle onto it! I'll go back to my Kia Picanto courtesy car thank you!! :rofl:

Thanks steve!

Do you mean that EDC stuff? I don't have it on my car, so no idea about it!

cool...i'll let you know what its like when I get it back. I've got a Clio V6 just now to borrow whilst mine is in the shop...

I've had it 24 hours and almost killed myself on the way to work twice...possibly the most pointless and terrifying car I've driven!

Steve...love the look of your car!

'Fuller' side profile is right! I'm surprised you can turn the wheel ;)

Not on holiday just yet...but soon! I'm still paying for the mistress and her front struts!!

I'm getting the shocks bilstein'ed by Gerry at the moment, so waiting to see how that all turns out (camberplates also).

I'm leaving the springs as stock however, as I don't really want it any lower, the roads up here aren't great as it is and I live on a cobbled road!

Do you notice a big difference with the bilsteins in terms of comfort/amount of vertical travel? My current problem is its like piloting a lifeboat.

Annnnddd...what difference do the camberplates make/what difference do you feel? :D

Zitat von Job38;66732

Another 8 - perhaps, but it would have to be a CSi.
    Z1 - love them but big money now and mechanically not that special.
    Z8 - now you're talking, however you should have bought a few years back!
    Other - the only BMW I'd consider would be a Z4M Coupe.
    Other make - would have to be a 911, no contest!

haha yeah good call...

The Z8 is a great car, but your right, its basically like buying one brand new, the price has barely moved since new.

I would probably invest in a 8er B12 Alpina if I could find one. I wouldn't mind a CSI though.

The Z1, I don't know what it is about them, I just really like it. I know its mechanically a 3 series E30, but its just quirky.

My friend is selling his 2004 760Li at the mo...a truly beautiful thing, but boy does it use fuel :laugh: drove from one side of London to the other - used a full tank of fuel in the process!! :driver:

I think i'm going along the same lines.

Seeing as the price has dropped on them so violently over the last year, I'm waiting a bit, probably a couple more years.

Saw one for sale at £35k. That is half of RRP after 12 months? PHEW!

hey Noggie,

I did think about an M5 estate, borrowed one from a friend for a while whilst he was away, but the fuel consumption made the 8 look like a fiat panda in comparison!

It did get the dog to the vet quickly though ;)