Beiträge von violetduck

Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;65954

Really?

Hmm that is the worry with the growing age of these cars. Do they know if they will ever come back in stock? The aren't being discontinued or anything are they?

sorry sparkles, BMW won't say!

I think its a supply problem for now! but I'll try to find out from a friend at BMW AG and let you know

well, she drives basically like new...but that comes at a price with ANY mileage car...6k sounds about right ;) haha

I know a guy in the states whose done 340,000 in his 840, so I'm happy enough with 126k ;)

Jobs being done in July/August:

front strut replacement (inserts)
    front spring replacement
    all-new fuel lines
    new auxilliary fan
    air conditioning overhaul (new seals, O-rings, etc)

Jobs done this year upto now:

new sunroof lid
    new sunroof cartridge, fixings, motors, etc
    new tyres (x4)
    new pads/discs/calipers (x4)
    fuel filter
    oil service
    new front splitter
    new battery (x2)
    coolant change
    brake fluid change
    new stock exhaust back box (x2)
    new stock exhaust centre acoustic box
    new stock catalytic converter (x2)
    new kidney grilles (x2)

I think that's it! :top:

the interior took me 3 days to do, all original leather/trim etc still intact, but I had to clean it all by taking the seats out, cleaning each one with a collection of brushes, chemicals, etc.

I think I might have an obsession :help:

hey Rob, looks stunning!

Mine has 18" on, but I think I'm going to have to change out the struts at the front, prob. for Bilsteins. there is far too much travel over bumps, so out comes the chequebook again!

I keep my car stock always, but the problem is there isn't any availability of the M-Tech springs from BMW !!!!! No idea when they will come back in either...

yeah I know, I do like the lower mileage option, but after I've done so much to get it to standard, I'm a bit reluctant. An idea I did have, was to buy another one and keep this one hahaha! TBH that is what I will prob. end up doing.

Its done 127k :)

Zitat von anguswolfendale;65913

Hi Violet Duck - where did you get your fan and resistor from? Mine has seized too.

Hey Angus,

I got mine from Ebay.

However, I've had a chat with the BMW dealership in Harrogate (Stratstone) and they often give me 20% discount off parts. I think that if enough people with E31's (i.e. the rarer models of BMW) order parts from one dealer in particular, we can get an even bigger discount!

I'm having to get all new fuel lines and new front inserts (mine are knackered, makes the car feel like a bloody rollercoaster!)

Zitat von anguswolfendale;65873

Gorgeous, love the exterior colour / interior trim combination! Are you bringing it to Gaydon?

I certainly will be Gaydon this year...cannot wait!!

I have been thinking about changing her for a very pretty red'un i've seen, but I love the colour, and I'm finding it difficult :(

I have spent upwards of 6k this YEAR(!) on getting it back to standard, just literally walked out of BMW now getting a new exhaust system, the history is massive as well. I think I have an issue with keeping everything stock (as poss) but I'm wanting a slightly lower mileage one.

Can anyone guess (from the pics) the mileage on the car? ;) haha

oh believe me it does...i remember the price! £345 from BMW, 150 fitting haha

the last one came off over a speed bump in Berlin, no idea now many tourists have that in their holiday snaps...I felt like i'd been papavrazzied!

Cheers!! personally, I'm fond of your red ;) is it calypso/brilliant/bright red?

Well it looks violet, but its actually Canyon Red Metallic (apparently!)

It does give off a purpley colour though.

There were 43 produced out of 30,621 worldwide (thanks 8coupe.com!)

:winkwink:

Here are some pics of my car, taken on this (rare) sunny day!

Any comments welcome :)

(getting two new rear exhaust silencers tomorrow...BMW main dealer...£517.32...what does everyone think of that price? I thought it was pretty good IMO!)

Cheers! :top: