Beiträge von Jud

Hello/Hallo Friends;

Brief greetings to everyone from Oregon USA.

It seems like forever since I last saw an 8er!

I've read through the forums ... and it seems everyone is still enjoying the ride. Reading the forums I begin to miss my 8's.

Reinhard and the team continue to do a GREAT job at 8coupe.com and the Registry. Amazing that the Registry has cataloged nearly 40% of the 8'ers!!! Wow.

I travel to Europe many times a year for my job. The International meeting May 2017 looks good. Who knows....

Have a super Holiday Season.

Hey 8er Fans;

Just a brief note to say it was super great to spend time with Reinhard and Beate in Gieße 2014-12-11/12. Sure miss the 8er and everyone in the community. I am in Germany for a friend's wedding and had time and a Railpass to travel around....and was able to stop by and enjoy Reinhard/Beate's hospitality!

Pix below was taken at Gieße rail station tonight before heading to Bremen.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/28840/

Back to Oregon USA on Monday 2014-12-15.

Cheers!

CarlT would be Proud

This 850CSi was once owned by a legendary 8 Series community member: CarlT

I believe Carl is sill reacheable --- and if you want to get in touch with him to talk about his former car, please drop me or Reinhard a note via the Contacts page at www.8coupe.com.

Carl was a great team member in getting information about particular Alpina B12 5.0/5.7's in the early 2000's. Great guy. I bet he would be glad to know another 8er enthusiast has his former 850CSi.

Hey everyone - greetings from Oregon USA.

Permit me to share a few observations:

First, I want to encourage everyone to keep the conversations going. The diversity of opinion is good to hear and only can help improve the community.

Second, I believe the 8er will continue to be an important part of BMW's history moving forward which will trickle down to various 8er communities-of-interest.

Third, people like Reinhard, Revtor, Fredi, Christoph, Martin, Noogie, Steve, and others (you know who you are), are what makes a community strong and interesting. Without your participation and efforts, the 8er community is poorer in spirit.

Fourth, accessing information - free or subscription - is a never-ending discussion unless the community comes together and understands the levels of data access and at what costs to support and access it.

And lastly, as was pointed out, Bimmerforums (and before that Roadfly), gets a lot more traffic because of the broad coverage of all BMW models. As a newbie myself in 1999, I used Roadfly's E31 forum to learn about the E31 before buying 3 E31's by the end of 2000. I understand the reasoning here for public access. For 8er.org, I also understand why it's set up the way it is today. Both are valid points of view.

It's good to see the postings - I wish you all a great 2012!

Fabrice;

Perhaps an oversight as this information has always been available to you. Please log into 8coupe.com, specifically the Owner's Registry, and enter BROKATROT in the search box.
    http://www.8coupe.com/Registry/OwnerRegistry.aspx

There are 8 cars registered in the E31 Registry in BROKATROT including your car. Beyond the 8 cars, we have many cars in the 8er catalog in BROKATROT as well.

Had I known you were interested in knowing this information, I would have gladly extended it to you a lot sooner!

Reinhard will have the ability to assist you with this information 09/2010.

The issues are: Time and lack of volunteers to help with the content transfer.

We made arrangements with Wuffer.net to temporarily host the articles until someone can come forward and help with the integration at 8er.org.

Zitat von arnie;79051

I think there were only 7 RHD ones and about 50 LHD ones made, so about 60 x rarer than a Csi.

For precision, please go here:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…p?t=8291&highlight=Alpina

The official answer is 6 RHD B12 5.0/5.7's in total.

Reposting the exact official numbers again:

• Alpina B12 5.0 - 2 RHD

• D110064 - Sultan of Brunei
      • D110065 - Sultan of Brunei

• Alpina B12 5.7 - 4 RHD

• D200008 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200010 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200013 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200047 (based on an 850CSi)

This does not include the 5 Alpina M70 B12 5.0 clone cars from Synter as these are not officially B12 5.0's.

From Revtor's recent 11/2009 posting:[INDENT]With park ventilation you can preset two times on which the car will start to ventilate the interior for 30 minutes (period not adjustable - but you can abort when you re-enter the car). Great for when the car is parked in the sun - less ideal is of course that you must know when you will return to the car. This is not stock! The car must be equipped with independent ventilation (code 537).

To check, set ignition to I, press the TIMER button on your OBC/MID. If you see the stopwatch appear - TIMER - the car is not equipped with park ventilation. If you see VENTILATION OFF (I think that's what the English version will show - mine is in German), you have independent ventilation.

Using the SET button you can manually operate the independent ventilation (quite pointless unless you will return within 30 minutes). Press TIMER again and TIMER1 appears. Here you can set a switch-on time for the park ventilation. Press TIMER once more and the second timer appears - TIMER2.
    [/INDENT]This is covered in your E31 Owners Manual as "Automatic Ventilation System" (see below).

A special UK-based RHD 850CSi came up for sale today at Pistonheads and Autotrader.co.uk (PDF images below).

This vehicle is only 1 of 2 RHD Daytona Violet 850CSi's ever produced. Now with CC88073 officially for sale, both Daytona Violet 850CSi's are accounted for the Registry.

CC88071 was purchased by one of our regular 8er.org posters, bradc, from the UK/Ireland and had it shipped to New Zealand in 2007:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6590

CC88073 appears to have a good ownership history and longevity. If anyone plans to go see this 850CSi, please snap some photos and give us a first-hand report.

Colour: SONDERLACKIERUNG (490)
    Upholstery: LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (0497/N4SH)
    Prod. date Friday 1994-06-24

Order options
    No. Description

243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    416 SUNBLINDS
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    537 PARK VENTILATION
    662 BMW BAVARIA C PROFESSIONAL RDS
    672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    686 DIVERSITY-FUNCTION AERIAL
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

Individual data
    490 Color
    Paintwork "daytonaviolett-metallic" (code 283)

-------------------------

CC88130 -

It's on eBay right now:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI…iewItem&item=110547862156

(or search for item number 110547862156)

Different contact information in each advertisement.

This person's description of this car having a "parchment" interior/upholstery seems to be false. There were no RHD 850CSi's that came with parchment, however, this car's interior is most likely Lotus White (code 0498/N4LO).

Zitat von mattsimis;76583

Since its physically a very different car (extra doors aside) to the E63 6 series, it would make no sense at all to introduce this aloneside them as another model in the lineup, unless the forthcoming 2012 F12 6 series is also designed to look similar.

Bingo: you got it. The 2012 F12 6er is the intended introduction, not on the current platform. I agree, that's silly to put a 4 dr coupe on the E63.

Zitat von mattsimis;76583

Who cares what the US Automotive Press reported? Just like the ROW Automotive press, they are just printing their speculation as fact, maybe they are right, maybe not, doesnt seem to matter to any of them.

Autoblog, the New York Times, and other USA-based news outlets do report it right more often than not. Here's a snippet:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2010/0…-with-concept-gran-coupe/

Another website has one artist's conception of the next 6er coupe (minus 2 doors from the 4 door coupe concept) -- you can Google/Yahoo search to see it.

It's too early to tell what's going to happen. The VW CC (4 door coupe) isn't selling well here and the Mercedes CLS is waiting for a much-needed facelift.

I guess we'll know for sure either at the 2010 Paris Auto Show or at some other show for an official announcement.

Zitat von mattsimis;76573

Did BMW actually state this? Adrian van Hooydonk stated it wasnt any particular series, but alluded that it could be slotted into any high end series Marketing saw fit.

In the USA automotive press it is definitely a 6 Series 4 door coupe unless BMW AG marketing changes their minds. Adrian van Hooydonk also said it was marketing's decision. BMW officials interviewed at the recent Shanghai China show strongly suggested it will be the 6 Series 4-door coupe.

Of course with anything at BMW AG decisions can quickly change.

Hello Pardeep;

Sorry to hear about the continuing hassles in closing out the ownership of your Estoril 840 from last year.

As part of the Registry mission, we catalog 8's, including sales advertisements, photos, etc.

A quick sampling from the Registry archives came up with the following vehicles that were on sale 06/2009 (see below).

If you need deeper insights along with copies of each individual sales ad file, then consider making a request of the Registry Volunteer Team here:
    http://www.8coupe.com/contact.htm

Good luck.

The Registry Volunteer Team is pleased to announce that we have reached the milestone of 5,000 8er's cataloged (16.3%) for the Registry archives. This means the archives now has at least one of the following on file:
    [INDENT]1) photos;

2) sales ads;

3) online discussions;

4) owner-supplied information; or

5) salvage data (if applicable).
    [/INDENT]There are many people in the worldwide 8er community to thank for their assistance (e.g. Reinhard, Fredi, Peter Rice, Fabrice, Pierre Emmanuel/Goffinet, Fatih, Terje, Wuffer, Kees, Davinder, Tony Smisek, Steve Castle, Brian, Theo, Dick, CkJumbo, Tyrone, etc --- if I missed your name, know that we thank you!).

Read more here.

Hello;

Thank you for the updates.

FYI, both of these cars were cataloged:

• CB13590 - cataloged 12/2007
    • CB01484 - cataloged 01/2007
    • Neither of these cars published at 8coupe.com's salvage registry

We monitor the websites you shared in your posting.

Again, thank you for the notifications.

Zitat von 8Harry8;72967

Okay, the seller makes the price and I won´t post this on an open forum untill we have the news about Alpina B12 5,0 81/97

I recommend to everyone as a courtesy to others that participate at 8er.org to avoid re-posting any information shared from 8er.org at other open forums (e.g. Bimmerforums) unless that author is okay with it. This is a private forum for 8er owners.

Yes, you're excited to join 8er.org, and we share a passion for the 8 Series, however, respecting one another is important. Just because the seller told you I was interested in buying the car doesn't mean that I wanted that information publicly shared (hint) and then have people email me about this car wanting to know why I didn't buy it: that puts me in a tough spot.

Please remove references to me at Bimmerforums about this car.

Zitat von reinhard;72921

To find out, someone needed to go there and be overwhelmed by the condition to make it worth that much.
    So: who makes the trip, takes a few pictures along with the BMW VIN under the wiper?

The BMW chassis number is already known: CB10383 (D110081)
    Production date: 24-Mar-92
    Colour: BRILLANTROT ( 308 )
    Upholstery: SCHWARZ LEDER (0226)
    Market Version: Germany

This car was last for sale in 2006 and was thought to be sold at that time. The seller provided pictures of the BMW chassis number in 2006 to the Registry and was reconfirmed on-site by a potential buyer.

The Alpina Registry Agent (Kees), myself, Reinhard, and others are working behind the scenes to document the B12's, including matching BMW chassis numbers with the Alpina chassis numbers:
    http://www.8coupe.com/about1.htm

Zitat von 8Harry8;72961

He told me a story of a guy from the states, Arizona or so, who wanted to buy the car some years before, the name Jud Sencer seemed to be familiar to him

There's a lot more to this story. Based on your conversation, including the mangling of my last name (grin), the seller did not sell the car in 2006, however, his price way too inflated for the 2010 Alpina/8er market: 36,000 GBP (per converstion rates at xe.com as of 2010-01-26)
    - $58,119 USD
    - 41,292 Euro

He needs to go back to the price he entertained in 2006 and start his marketing process from scratch.

There's a big difference between Arizona and Colorado --- namely 54 mountains over 4,267 meters in elevation in Colorado versus mostly desert in Arizona with some mountains.