Beiträge von Jud

Hello Fraser;

Per your build sheet (resent to you last month and you confirmed receiving), here's what is installed in your interior:

• Keder an Fahrer- und Beifahrersitz in Walknappa estorilblau ( Nr. 2 491 59 )
    • Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Nappa silbergrau hell, Schl.Nr. M5SH

Translated?

• Piping on the driver and front passenger in Walknappa Estorilblau ( code No. 2 491 59 )
    • Remaining interior Nappa leather like silver bright, Schl.Nr. M5SH

For more information on code M5SH, go here

The M62 840CiA Sports were subject special order interiors (code: SONDERPOLSTERUNG/OHNE FARBANGABE (Z1XX)). However, it is a misnomer for a majority of the cars because the interior is standard, like your car and the only special ordered part of it is the "piping" on the front seats.

You are more than welcome to email me via the Contacts page at 8coupe.com anytime you have a question about your car and its production information.
    http://www.8coupe.com/contact.htm

From 12-Feb-2009:

Now it's for sale. Guess the excitement wore off - December through May romance??:laugh: So sad. For someone else, this could be a nice pick up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA…iewItem&item=280339436686

As one of the 10 Royal Red M62 840CiA Sports produced with a special Individual interior, it's my belief that this may devalue the car unless you keep all of the original components you remove for later re-installation when you decide to sell.

Putting on Alpina wheels would be cool. Just keep the originals with the vehicle.

If it were me looking to update an 8er with the Alpina B12 look, I would find a different 840/850 that could use some help and isn't in a rare collectable model range (e.g. an Orient Blue non-sport model).

Il s'agit d'une voiture spéciale. Il est de la seule M73 850CiA à être peint en bleu Couleur individuelle Biarritz!

S'il vous plaît, quelqu'un d'acheter cette voiture et de le préserver!

-------------------------------------

Type code EG41
    Type 850CI (EUR)
    Dev. series E31 ()
    Line 8
    Body type COUPE
    Steering LL
    Door count 2
    Engine M73
    Cubical capacity 5.40
    Power 240
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox AUT
    Colour SONDERLACKIERUNG (490)
    Upholstery SONDERPOLSTERUNG/OHNE FARBANGABE (Z1XX)
    Prod. date 1996-12-03

Order options
    No. Description

299 LT/ALY WHEELS W MIXED TYRES
    320 MODEL DESIGNATION, DELETION
    353 ANTI-GLARE STRIP FRONT + RR WINDOW
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    416 SUNBLINDS
    423 FLOOR MATS, VELOUR
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    488 LUMBAR SUPPORT DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    670 RADIO BMW PROFESSIONAL
    672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    801 GERMANY VERSION
    863 EUROPE/DEALER DIRECTORY
    879 GERMAN/OWNERS HANDBOOK/SERVICE BOOKLET
    940 SPECIAL REQUEST EQUIPMENT

Series options
    No. Description
    211 DUMMY
    216 SERVOTRONIC
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    540 CRUISE CONTROL
    548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
    806 3RD STOP LIGHT

Individual data

• Remaining interior trim: LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (0351/M5SL)
    • Processing individual
    • Sign "individual"

490 Color

• Sonderlackierung "biarritzblau-metallic", wie Schl.Nr. 363
    • Z1XX Upholstery
    • Keder an Fahrer- und Beifahrersitz in Nappa ultramarin (Nr. 8 124 351)
    • Restliche Innenausstattung wie bei Leder Nappa silbergrau, Schl.Nr. M5SL

0940 Special request

• Außenspiegel vom BMW 850CSi
    • Edelholzausstattung in "Nussbaumwuzel hochglaenzend"
    • Umfang wie SA 773
    • Beistellung durch ZS-F-5!!

Gary;

BMW AG spent most of its money advertising the M70 850 and S70 850. The M60/M62 840 and the M73 850 didn't get much of an ad budget in the later years.

I am not aware of an 840 poster, however, I am aware of the super rare BMW Great Britain ad campaign of the 8th Sin and the occasional magazine print ad in Car magazine from the late 1990's.

You can read about the "Eighth Sin" here:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…t=7278&highlight=brochure

Are you embarrassed to contact the Registry and re-ask for it? (big laugh)

Hello Matt;

Welcome to 8er.org.

This car was discussed last month here:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…?t=6338&highlight=CC88030

The discussion stretches back to October 2007 when it was last on eBay for sale and was reportedly sold; although we learned that the car did not sell and is back on eBay again, as you have noticed.

If you need additional information about this car and to re-confirm the VIN the seller gave you, contact me offline at www.8coupe.com/contact.htm

Good luck,

Zitat von Steve5;61746

Jud, You will find it on here, not sure why the policy is like it is I want to know about this car before I buy it? :hmmmm:

Before I answer, let me ask you a question: "Would you like someone to publish information about your car without permission when there's no evidence that the car is for sale?"

If you answered yes, then you are in the minority.

You initially asked this question: "Hi - can you give me the run down on this car CB57344? "

It is difficult for me to figure out if this car is for sale somewhere based on the privacy policies of the Registry.

Here's the crux of the problem: If someone publicly asks information about a car without a link/URL to it, regardless of one's stature in the 8er community, and I answer it and then it's learned that this car wasn't for sale, then guess who gets in trouble? Certainly not you. It's me.

Therefore, when you are unable to provide a link or a URL to a car for sale, then avoid asking about it publicly in a forum, especially without context. Information is shared on an 8er when it is publicly for sale. Not for sale? Then the owner writes me an email giving me permission to do so on an offline basis.

Zitat von Steve5;61746

Now about this car: CB57344

Here's the Pistonheads link:
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/955866.htm

IMHO, there seems to be an air of desperation here. Three price reductions within 7 days. You can probably negotiate any deal you want on this car. Anytime a car goes from £4,500 to £3,995 to £2,995 in price reductions, this means there's desperation and probably some hidden repair issues. Proceed with caution.

Vehicle overview:
    Exterior colour: BRILLANTROT ( 308 )
    Upholstery: SILBERGRAU HELL MIT SCHWARZ LEDER (0354)
    Prod date: 1991-January-22

There were 6 RHD M70 850iA/CiA, all UK market versions. This was the 2nd of the 6 cars produced in this colour combination. It is the best equipped of all six produced:

Order options
    No. Description

214 AUTOMATIC STABILITY CONTROL+TRACTION
    223 ELECTRONIC DAMPER CONTROL (EDC)
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    301 DIEBSTAHLWARNANLAGE MIT ZV
    303 INNENRAUMSCHUTZ/NEIGUNGSALARMG
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    488 LUMBAR SUPPORT DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    687 RADIO PREPARATION
    694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
    925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Good luck.

Ambiguous pictures Dave (grin).

As E31Gill, mentioned, this is the M60 4.0L V8 engine.

Got better pictures?

Hi Dave;

Congrats.

After you acquire the car, please send pictures and we'll send you a build sheet.

Hello Steve;

You may not be aware of the policy of providing information about cars without referring information. Please visit this page:

We will publish information about a car when and if it is publicly for sale with a valid referring URL/link to the advertisement. Otherwise, nothing will be provided.

From your posts at www.theAlpinaRegister.com:

Zitat von paullindum;61563

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:34 am Post subject: Re: Alpina B12 (BMW E31) Reply with quote
    The factory told me there were 8 RHD B12 5.7, 4 went to the Sultan of Brunei and 2 of these were crushed ! 1 was sold in the UK according to Sytner, and leaves 3 others in Japan or where ever else.

Although Buchloe HQ and Synter are a respected lot, there are some of us in the Alpina/8er enthusiast community that have learned that they do get their facts confused and just plain wrong, just like the rest of us mere mortals (grin).

Let's start with the total number of RHD Alpina B12's. Once again, here is the official tally from my previous post: 6 cars - not 8.

• Alpina B12 5.0 - 2 RHD

• D110064 - Sultan of Brunei
      • D110065 - Sultan of Brunei

• Alpina B12 5.7 - 4 RHD

• D200008 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200010 (based on a M70 850i 6spd - UK/Ireland)
      • D200013 (based on a M70 850i 6spd - owned by the respected Paul Edwick - do you know this guy? - grin)
      • D200047 (based on an 850CSi, UK delivered and written up in a couple of UK-based car magazines)

There are NO recorded new RHD B12's delivered to Japan.

If there are 8 B12 5.0/5.7's, then someone, please share what these other two cars are and their identity. From the Inventory Project point of view, they don't exist.

Now about this rumour of crushed B12's. This is probably rumour and speculation since these cars haven't been seen in a long time, much like most of the Sultan's collection.

For the sake of argument, lets say Buchloe (via Kris) did tell you two of the B12's were crushed. The Sultan ordered 4 RHD B12's, 2 B12 5.0's, and 2 B12 5.7's. The 2 RHD 5.7's are accounted for and are in active service.

That leaves the two RHD B12 5.0's. We have reports on file that these 2 cars are still in existence and that the Sultan did in fact have a few non-B12 8's crushed (along with other cars from his extensive collection), but zero reports that the B12 5.0's were crushed, other than this first-learned speculation from Buchloe you first disclosed today in this post.

At this time, these two cars are shown as active until proven otherwise.

Since I have received two emails about this car, it's probably time to make a public post on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA…iewItem&item=180339569076

Despite the seller's description of this vehicle, be aware that the following is questionable:

• Declares there are heated seats. There are no heated seats.

• Claims factory order two-tone interior. This is untrue. In fact there were no Special Order UK RHD 840CiA interiors until October 1994, at least 6 months after this car was constructed. It is fair to say the interior was customized after the fact. It's a very nice two-tone tan/green interior and from the pictures, seems well done.

• The seller is stretching the truth here in terms of being a B12 replica. The only items that are Alpina related are the badging and some supposed Alpina body panels. As we know, there was no official 840 version of the B12. I've seen better replicas/clones of a B12. This isn't one of them.

If anyone inquiries of this car, be sure to ask for the chassis number. We believe we have identified this car, but with everything else described we hesistate to make a pronouncement.

Merci.

Je crois qu'il ya un problème avec cette CSI. Le vendeur a refusé de partager le numéro de châssis est un indice. Cette 850CSi à la vente pendant une longue période.