Beiträge von Jud

Zitat von TallTony;61202

Jud will be hopping mad at you swapping the seats :laugh:

It is one's prerogative to do what one wants with their 8er. In this case, there were 25 M62 840CiA RHD built with a similar Lotus White interior; the only difference among them was piping and the remaining interior (either black or light silver grey). Here's what was installed in the Velvet Blue car before the swap:

Z1XX Upholstery

• Following items are in leather Nappa lotoswhite (code 2 250 829):

[INDENT]

• Front and rear seats
    • Head rests
    • Upholstery middle part
    • Inserts in the doors and Rear side panels (processing such as BMW 850 CSi)
    • Bezel instrument panel below

[/INDENT]

• Quilting yarn white lotus (1 963 127), code 0102 Z.
    • Sewing thread lotus white (nb 1 966 487), code 0102 Z.
    • Piping on the driver and front passenger in blue ink Walknappa (No. 2 423 380)
    • Rest as for interior Nappa leather, black, Schl.Nr. M5SW

For all other Lotus White interiors, see attached chart below.

Based on the build sheet for Steve's recently acquired M70 850CiA, this swap made a great deal of sense because of the similarities and ease of transfer without a lot of brain damage.

Steve is an honest person and reveals his actions to potential buyers, so to whomever ends up with his Velvet Blue car will probably secure a nice deal since there were no Velvet Blue 840's with a black interior.

So, please, I'm not upset, on the contrary, I am amused with Steve's ongoing creativity. Steve is a unique individual that knows what he's doing and that's okay. To each his own.

Now, I issue a challenge to Steve's creativity: There are several 850CSi's for sale in the UK, given the right price, could use some of Steve's magic. Frankly, I hope Steve focuses on one of the rare ones, including the "back-on-the-market" Fjord Grey 1993 850CSi with the rare Silver/Black leather interior (see other thread, bottom post).

S'il vous plaît, demander à quelqu'un pour le numéro d'identification du véhicule (châssis) de la part du vendeur. Je crois que c'est une version 850CSi marché allemand.

We have a lot of information on this car prior to Gerry's excellent mechanical stewardship.

However, I defer to Gerry to post pictures, etc., because the pictures we have on file are before Gerry's work.

This is not an 850CSi engine. It's just plain M70 850i/Ci engine.

Do note that the DK Throttle bodies are new ones as is evidenced by the lack of cosmoline (yellowish colour).

Zitat von stevep840;60761

Yeah , looks like that one should scrub up:hmmmm: although you do wonder why such a car has been to degrade like that/spoiler etc, no service history mentioned.

I even wondered if it was the same one they advertised previously but with lower miles [IF you know what I'm saying];-)

Confirmed by the previous owner, this vehicle is indeed for sale. From early registry file pictures, this car went through a weird transformation. The car is in registered in the Registry.

The VIN has been all but given, however, for those who think it is CC88027 are wrong (grin). Let's see if one can guess the correct chassis number.

The build sheet is as follows:

Colour DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181)
    Upholstery SILBERGRAU DUNKEL/SILBERGRAU HELL (0497)
    Prod. date 1993-07-14

Order options
    No. Description
    240 LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    302 ALARM SYSTEM
    353 ANTI-GLARE STRIP FRONT + RR WINDOW
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    416 SUNBLINDS
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    662 BMW BAVARIA C PROFESSIONAL RDS
    672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

This addition to the build sheet is expressly for Koenig-Dave (grin):

Series options (Standard Features)
    No. Description
    216 SERVOTRONIC
    237 DYNAMIC DRIVE PACKAGE
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    537 PARK VENTILATION
    540 CRUISE CONTROL
    806 3RD STOP LIGHT
    853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH
    860 LTRL TURN SIGNAL LIGHT FRT

Zitat von Martin;60587

Alv from Germany have a 840 with AHK (Original from BMW). :grin2:

Cheers
    Martin

Martin is correct. There are 26 M60 840's fitted with option code 237, Dynamic Drive Package (AHK). All 26 were also fitted with these option codes:

• 216 - Servotronic
    • 223 - EDC

Regarding the 26 AHK-equipped M60 840's that were built between January 1993 and June 1994:

• 16 - M60 840CiA LHD

• All delivered to the German market
      • Some were used as development vehicles by BMW
      • 2 are documented:

• Alv, a member of this board; and
        • The other was for sale last March 2008, had 153k km, and sold for 11k Euros

• 6 - M60 840Ci 6spd LHD

• 3 used by BMW as research vehicles
      • 3 ordered by customers

• 4 - M60 840CiA RHD - all UK

• 1 is documented and owned by a member of this board too

• 26 - Total M60 840's

The effort to bring AHK to the 840's ended after June 1994 production with one last BMW development vehicle delivered.

Zitat von koenig dave;60445

I wonder if this is a real Alpina or a copy advertised last year.

As previously mentioned in my post:

• CB27063 (based on a M70 850i 6spd, for sale last year)

This vehicle was the only 6spd cloned by Synter. The rest were automatic transmission cars.

As Dave will attest, he knew the answer to this question. Dave and I exchanged emails on this very car on 28-Jan-2009 and it was explained at that time that this is one of the Synter cars. Thank you Dave for bringing it up back again. You're on the ball sir.

Zitat von arnie;60434

the car that I went to see and was initially interested in, was one of a pair that came back from the sultan of Brunei. It was for sale by Maxted Page on behalf of Lord Bamford (JCB). The car did have the official Alpina Plaque with production number (No.10, I belive). I also supplied the VIN number to Alpina in Germany, who were able to confirm the spec and origins of the car. However, it did have a chassis number beginning with WBA... and lacking some components that other (later?) B12/5.7 had, such as AHK etc. I can't say whether the engine was really an M70, but it did have the Alpina intake manifold and the exhaust sound was definately not 850.

My theory was that it may have been ordered at short notice, so that Aplina had to use an 850 car instead of waiting for a CSi to convert (?)

Arnie, this is well documented about Nbrs 8, 10, and 13. They were indeed RHD M70 850Ci 6spds ordered by Alpina because the order book for 850CSi's were backlogged and the 1st RHD 850CSi came out December 1992, many months after LHD 850CSi production began. Alpina has confirmed BMW and Alpina VINs for these cars (FYI: the Inventory Project also included securing BMW build sheets for Alpinas and a related matching process).

Let me direct you to this URL that will have you begin the journey of learning more about the background on these M70 850Ci 6spds that became 5.7's:
    http://forums.roadfly.com/foru…series-e31/8460548-1.html

Zitat von arnie;60434

It was really a beautiful car, but at the end of the day, I figured that it was missing a few key items and that a real CSi might infact offer better performance for a lot less money, albeit without the amazing bonnet.

I probably still have the paperwork somewhere and will check the VIN number for you.

Thank you. As previosuly mentioned, we have already secured BMW VINs for these cars.

Zitat von arnie;60434

Alpina themselves only mentioned that at the time, not all 5.7 cars were based on the CSi but could not comment further. Incidentally, the other one of the pair, a blue one, had all the relevant CSi bits and I seem to recall it may have been Alpina production number 013.

Yes, Alpina retrofitted the three RHD M70 850Ci 6spds to whatever parts they could acquire to bring them closer to the designed B12 5.7. Alpina's PR in 1992 was to extol how they were going to take the 850CSi and use it as the basis for their B12 5.7. Other than the three RHD M70 850Ci 6spds, Alpina also secured 3 LHD M70 850Ci 6spds for some early B12 5.7's.

Zitat von arnie;60434

I had also contacted Sytner at the time, who said that they collected the pair from Malaysia and had replaced all the perishable parts (hoeses, tyres etc), but that they still suffered from occasional electrical Gremlins from many years of not being used while stored in a humid climate. In fact, the interior trim on the one I saw was wrinkled and peeling slightly on the door panels.

That is my understanding as well about B12 5.7 D200010.

Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;60390

a few weeks ago i bought my E31!! R*** HBA..if any of you guys are aware of the car? it was owned by a property tycoon and sheffield united chairman!

...i must say it is in mint condition...only 67,000 on the clocks and its in unmarked cosmos black. Shes a 4.4 MB62 Individual Sport built in April 08 so a very new example. Full BM service history etc..

Congratulations and welcome to 8er.org.

Pictures?

You have an 840CiA Sport built April 2008? Really? (grin)
    Perhaps you meant April 1998?

There were two Cosmos Black M62 840CiA RHD built April 1998. One of them has a very interesting build report. You are welcome to it. Register you and your 8er at www.8coupe.com/register.htm

Zitat von stevep840;60384

97 5.0 litre and 57 5.7 Litre& of those 57 only 7 RHD:top: I looked this up only last week:harhar:

The correct answers are:

Alpina B12 5.0 - 97

• 95 - LHD
    • 2 - RHD

Alpina B12 5.7 - 57

• 53 - LHD
    • 4 - RHD
    • (you quoted 7 of the 57 were RHD, which is incorrect)
    Zitat von Steve5;60391

Do we know if any are still running?

All official RHD Alpina B12 5.0/5.7's produced are still in service as of January 2009.

Yes, the Sytner conversions are very controversial (the cars that Arnie refers to in his posts).

Officialy, per Alpina, the only RHD 8er's that were processed by Bucholoe and were given an Alpina Nbr/VIN are:

• Alpina B12 5.0 - 2 RHD

• D110064 - Sultan of Brunei
      • D110065 - Sultan of Brunei

• Alpina B12 5.7 - 4 RHD

• D200008 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200010 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200013 (based on a M70 850i 6spd)
      • D200047 (based on an 850CSi)

The cars processed by Sytner are:

• CB27063 (based on a M70 850i 6spd, for sale last year)
    • CB57486
    • CB57526
    • CB57592
    • CB57850

The controversy about these five conversion cars continues to this day. Owners of these five cars claim they are real Alpinas. After looking at all of the facts, the corporate issues between Sytner (including Nicole/Japan) as an Alpina distributor and Alpina itself in cloning cars, the Synter cars are, IMHO, not real Alpinas. The people who own these cars claim otherwise, but at the end of the day, they are not factory produced Alpinas with unique Alpina Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN).

The Alpina Registry Agent lists the Sytner cars in the Registry, despite the questionable authenticity. I support his listing of the cars because Sytner did sell many of the components to make a base 850i as close to as an Alpina as customer budget would allow. Also, Sytner put a crazy numbered plaque (e.g. 9430) in these cars with Alpina lettering. However, it leads to incorrect conclusions about how many B12 5.0 RHD's were actually produced by Alpina in Buchloe.

Prior discussion of the Sytner cars can be found here:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…p?t=5037&highlight=Alpina

Dave!

AHK/Servotronic are "STANDARD" features with the EURO 850CSi (not USA for AHK). They are not shown as PAID OPTIONS on the build sheet. In other words, if you ordered a EURO 850CSi, you would automatically get with this model AHK. Now, if we ordered a 1993 M70 850CiA and wanted AHK, then that would show up at Option code 237 - Dynamic Drive in the options list.

Beginning in late 1996, BMW began publishing the "model options" for its cars. BMW then shifted NO COST PAID OPTIONS, like option code 537, over to "STANDARD FEATURES" Series Options. Later build sheets would explicitly show the Euro 850CSi features over and above the base Euro 850Ci, which would look like this:

Series options
    No. Description

216 SERVOTRONIC
    237 DYNAMIC DRIVE PACKAGE
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    537 PARK VENTILATION
    540 CRUISE CONTROL
    806 3RD STOP LIGHT
    853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH
    860 LTRL TURN SIGNAL LIGHT FRT

REST ASSURED, the AHK/Servotronic options are there and happily installed.

Take a moment and cruise on over to 8Coupe.com and read this page:
    8 Series Build Sheet (login required)

Thanks to everyone.

Yes, the seller just posted this new ad today at 6:30 a.m. GMT at PistonHeads.

This car has this low production interior. Out of 1,510 850CSi's produced, only 116 came with the upholstery: LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (0496/N4SL)

Breakdown by 850CSi global production:

• 21 - S70 850CSi RHD (all UK)
    • 82 - S70 850CSi LHD Euro
    • 13 - S70 850CSi LHD North America

For the UK, this car is the only one that came with this colour combination:

Worldwide, there are 6 850CSi's in this colour combination. Five are in the USA and the remaining one is in the UK (subject car). If anyone decides to purchase this car, it will be the only Euro 850CSi RHD/LHD in this colour combination.

Here's the build sheet:

Type code EG92
    Type 850CSI (EUR)
    Dev. series E31 ()
    Line 8
    Body type COUPE
    Steering RL
    Door count 2
    Engine S70
    Cubical capacity 5.6
    Power 280
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox MECH
    Colour SCHWARZ 2 668 - Jet Black
    Upholstery LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (0496/N4SL)
    Prod. date 1994-07-01

Order options
    No. Description

243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    416 SUNBLINDS
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    537 PARK VENTILATION
    662 BMW BAVARIA C PROFESSIONAL RDS
    672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    686 DIVERSITY-FUNCTION AERIAL
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT