Beiträge von Jud

If someone in the UK is looking to pick up a relatively inexpensive two-owner 850CSi with over 140k miles for £6,995, then this might be your chance.

Click on this link:
    Platinum Automobiles - Buckinghamshire
    There are no pictures with this ad.

Candidly, I am skeptical based on other 850CSi pricing within the UK.

Would anyone be interested in finding more about this car along with its chassis number?

Regards,

Zitat von anguswolfendale;60092

Jud,
    Forgive my ignorance. What does the "A" in 840CiA stand for? I thought the car in question is an 840 Ci Sport.

A = Automatc/Steptronic
    6spd = Manual

This car, like yours, is a 840CiA Sport.

I would like to thank James and Alan from the UK in bringing to my attention a very special M62 840CiA RHD that recently came up for sale. These two gentlemen are looking to buy an M62 840CiA and are anxious to join the 8er community.

Many of you have written me about 8er's for sale in the UK. Thank you for your notes and alerts. Your notifications help the documentation effort as we near the threshold of 4,000 documented 8er's worldwide.

I bring to your attention this very special 1-owner 86k mile 1999 M62 840CiA RHD:

Contact the dealer directly for the VIN and other background information regarding this car.

It is the "last" Aegean Blue (code 336) 8er built for the UK market on 31-March-1999. Aegean Blue (known as ÄGÄISCHBLAU METALLIC (336)) was a low production colour for the 8er. In total, there were 45
    Aegean Blue (code 336) 8ers produced:

• Australia: 2 cars (all 840CiA's)

• Germany: 7 cars

• 5 S70 850CSi's

• The very last 850CSi, currently for sale in Germany, is painted in this colour.

• 2 M73 850CiA

• Italy: 1 car (M62 840Ci 6spd)

• Middle East: 8 cars

• All were M73 850CiA Platinum editions

• Unknown: 1 car (M62 840CiA LHD, somewhere in Europe)

The last Aegean Blue M62 840CiA was an Australian built car April, 1999. The very last Aegean Blue 8er was a Platinum Edition M73 850CiA for the Middle East, also April, 1999.

This particular car has the rarely-seen upholstery in an 8er, Cremeweiss (code 2 423 379).
    [FONT=&quot] Of the 1,470 M62 RHD 840CiA's built worldwide, only 19 cars had variations of this interior. Coupled with [/FONT]Aegean Blue (code 336) , there were only 3 that came in this interior; all delivered to the UK. Two of the three were done exactly the same way with these attributes in 1999, both built during March, 1999:

Z1XX Upholstery

• Following items are in leather Nappa creamwhite (nb. 2 423 379)

[INDENT]

• Front and rear seats
    • Head rests
    • Upholstery middle part
    • Inserts in the doors and rear side panels (Processing such as BMW 850 CSi)
    • Bezel instrument panel below

[/INDENT]

• Quilting yarn sandbeige (8 174 137), code 0972 B.
    • Sewing thread sandbeige (8 174 131), code 0972 B.
    • Piping on the driver and front passenger in Nappa marineblau: (Nr. 8 174 059)
    • Remaining interior Black Nappa leather: Schl.Nr. M5SW

The other one of the three was done in a very special way in 1998.

Zitat von 2rgeir;59928

Hey Jud :poke:
    What steering wheel is that?

Good eye.

The seller includes both "before" and "after" photos of the steering wheel.

In this ad, he shows the original steering wheel:
    http://www.classiccarsforsale.…-car-page.php/carno/50762

In the new ad, he shows the new wheel:

My guess on the new wheel? It's from a Porsche.

Anyone care to comment?

Zitat von Job38;59841

In addition to the blue ex. BMW car that's been on the market for a while, came across this one on classic cars, in case anyone is interested.....

http://www.classiccarsforsale.…-car-page.php/carno/50762

Thanks for the heads up.

The MAURITIUSBLAU METALLIC (287) car, chassis CC88063, is indeed a former press car. It was previously discussed on Roadfly by the previous owner, although after seeing the ad at Classic Car, I'm not so sure the car changed owners:

The ARKTISSILBER METALLIC (309) car is an interesting vehicle with modifications. Additional pictures can be found here at this independent dealership:

Hey Dave;

Please go see this car, take pictures, and let me know the chassis number (last 7 digits of the VIN).

I fixed the subject heading from 840CSi to 840CiA Sport (grin).

Jud

Zitat von koenig dave;59698

uk spec. m reg. metalic red. grey leather.
    I was stoped today while driving the koenig by the owner of the above car, he was on foot. he tells me the car is mint bar for a scratch where he hit his gate post. hes looking for £4k if any one is interested let me know and I will view the car asap. the car is not advertised any where.

Here's an interesting UK 1999 BMW 840CiA Sport that screams "Save Me!".

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI…iewItem&item=250373314608

This vehicle was one of the last 30 M62 840CiA RHD Sports built before production ended 12-May-1999. This particular vehicle is one of two produced with this red upholstery interior. From the build sheet:

• Following items are in leather Nappa klassic red (Nr. 2 261 754):

• Front and rear seats
      • Head rests
      • Polsterteil Mitte
      • Inserts in the doors and rear side panels (Processing, such as BMW 850 CSi)
      • Bezel instrument panel below

• Quilting yarn classic red (8 171 264), code 2222 F.

• Sewing thread classic red (8 171 259), code 2222 F.

• Remaining interior as Leder Nappa schwarz, Schl.Nr. M5SW

The seller seems to just want to get out of the car despite the damage. For the right price, this could be a nice restoration project for someone or a fix-and-flip opportunity.

Disclaimers:

• I do not know this car nor the owner
    • It is not registered in the Registry
    • If interested in this car, do your own due diligence

If anyone does see this car, then please report back with your observations and pictures!

Veilchenblau metallic (fe 86-50gu)

Hello Pete;

Welcome back to 8er ownership.

Obviously you must be aware that you purchased a rare coloured 8er: Veilchenblau Metallic (FE 86-50GU)

Worldwide, there were 35 8er's painted in this colour. For the UK, there were 11 M62 840CiA's. The country breakdown is as follows for VEILCHENBLAU METALLIC (FE 86-50GU):

• UK - 11 8er's

• All M62 840CiA RHD

• Middle East - 3 8er's

• All M73 850CiA

• USA - 1 8er

• 1997 M73 850CiA

• Unknown - 2 8er's

• 1 - S70 850CSi
      • 1 - M62 840CiA RHD

• Germany - 18 8er's:

• 10 - M70 850i/CiA
      • 1 - M70 850Ci 6spd manual
      • 1 - M60 840CiA
      • 6 - S70 850CSi

• Total: 35 8er's

For more information about this colour, visit these links:

Please register you and your 8er in the E31 Registry at 8Coupe.com: http://www.8coupe.com/register.htm
    Once registered, we'll forward a build sheet to you for your car. Also, we do have some history on this vehicle as well.

Hello Darren;

Welcome.

Nice car. Your Avus Blue RHD M62 840CiA was the 3rd built out of 57 M62 840's produced in Avus Blue for the UK market. Quick rundown for Avus Blue for the UK Market:

• M60 840's - 17
    • M62 840's - 57
    • M70 850's - 2
    • S70 850CSi - 7

• (one of which became an Alpina B12 5.7, nbr 47)

• Total - 83

For more information on UK colours, go here.

Of the 57 M62 840 Avus Blue cars built, your car was the 1st of only 4 in Avus Blue that came with the rare option code 223, Electronic Dampening Control (EDC). There were 1,470 RHD M62 840CiA's built, of which only 132 for the UK came with option code 223.

Also, option code 494, Heated Seats, was not installed in many M62 840CiA's. Of the 57 Avus Blue RHD M62 840CiA's, there were only 21 with option code 494.

Colour: AVUSBLAU METALLIC (276)
    Upholstery: LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU HELL (M5SH)

Order options
    No. Description
    223 ELECTRONIC DAMPER CONTROL (EDC)
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    255 SPORTS LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    299 LT/ALY WHEELS W MIXED TYRES
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    669 RADIO BMW BUSINESS RDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
    812 ENGLAND VERSION
    850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
    877 DELETION CROSS-OVER OPERATION

If you would like the build sheet for your car, then just cruise on over to www.8coupe.com/register.htm and register you and your cool car.

Cheers,

Jud

Zitat von Job38;57865

Does anyone know a definitive number?

How many made for the UK, how many left?

Hello Paul;

Congratulations on the post one year ownership anniversary of your car.

Chassis Number and Totals

All RHD 850CSi's : 160

Want to know only the UK market versions and UK particular colours? See this page:

UK 8er Colour Breakdown (including 850CSi)

Hint: for the UK, out of 160 RHD built, only 153 were delivered to the UK. The remaining 7 RHD 850CSi's went to these countries:

• Australia: 3
    • Singapore: 2 (both are now exported, one each to Australia and New Zealand respectively)
    • Hong Kong: 2 (one exported to New Zealand and is currently for sale; the other Hong Kong 850CSi is reportedly still there)

Regarding your other question, how many are still on the road? If you haven't already visited 8Coupe.com's Salvage Listings page, I recommend doing so (heavy hint). We have over 500 8er's listed as Salvage. We add them to 8Coupe.com every other week because we write a little story about each car along with pictures.

The Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong vehicles are all still active. For the UK, only 2 have been recorded salvaged and junked out of the 153 delivered to the UK. They are:

• CC88059

• Build date: 3-Feb-94
      • Colour: OXFORDGRUEN METALLIC (324)
      • Interior upholstery: SCHWARZ/LOTOSWEIß (0498/N4LO)
      • Owner reported salvage after a serious accident; insurance write off

• CC88066

• 18-Mar-94
      • GRANITSILBER METALLIC (237)
      • SILBERGRAU DUNKEL/SILBERGRAU HELL (0497/N4SH)
      • Owner reported salvage after catastrophic accident. Car was shipped to North America and dismantled

Pictures and more information on these two cars are listed at 8Coupe.com (click on chassis number to follow URL page link - registration required and last I checked, you and your car are registered, so you can review the salvage listings). At this time that's all we have on file for UK RHD 850CSi's that are now salvaged.

Cheers,

Steve;

We moved your post out of the 840 Sport conversation because it is unrelated to the overall discussion. We have opened up a new thread with your post requesting EDC clarity.

Now about your questions (which we've discussed via email before), let's break it down:

Zitat von Steve5;57089

Jud sorry to continue with the subject my 850 (91) on the build sheet has 850Ci (ECE)

Your car is an 850i and was built on 1991-04-15. The 850i branding designation was for the 1990-92 model years and was switched over to 850Ci for the 1993 model year (August/September 1992 production). BMW made a decision to call the 850i the 850Ci on its internal databases and consequently configured their Information Technology databases to call this car the 850Ci regardless of the branding/marketing effort.

The ECE designation means your car is the Euro version, which is approximately 75% of all 8er's produced.

Zitat von Steve5;57089

also I cannot work out if it ever had EDC there is a switch by the gear knob which has E,S,M on it but no designation on the build sheet.

Your car does not have EDC (Electronic Dampening Control). Had you car actually had EDC, it would have the option code outlined as follows:

• 223 ELECTRONIC DAMPER CONTROL (EDC)

The switch by the gearshift knob (E or A, S, M) controls the M70 850i/CiA 5spd automatic transmissions performance programs:

• E (or A): Economy program. When you start your car, this is the default transmission program for your vehicle best for low energy consumption.

• M: Manual program. From BMW's publications:

[INDENT]"This program is for single-gear driving (3rd gear if D/Drive is selected" The gear selected is also used from pulling away. For example, if the selector lever is in position 1 and you are driving up steep gradient, no undesirable upward gear shifts will take place. The same applies to driving on icy roads in winter with the selector level in position 3, you can pull away smoothly and no gear shifts will occcur."
    [/INDENT]

• S: Sport program. From BMW's publications:

[INDENT]"This is the program for an enthusiastic driving style. The gear shift points are delayed to make full use of the car's power reserves. The converter lockup clutch engages automatically in 3rd gear."
    [/INDENT]This information is covered in the Owners Manual.

Cheers,

Zitat von PierreGoffinet;57016

Rare en effet, la seule 840 Ci M60 boite 6 en Belgique avec l'intérieur en tissus.
    le numéro de chassis est-il CC78261 ?

C'est CC78324 (Fuch):
    ORIENTBLAU METALLIC (317)
    STOFF CARRE/ANTHRAZIT (A5AT)
    Prod Date: 1995-10-24

CC78261 - Noir:
    COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303)
    STOFF CARRE/ANTHRAZIT (A5AT)
    Prod Date: 1995-04-13

18 months ago, our resident BMW magazine editor, Seb, was looking for a 6spd manual 840Ci:

See:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?p=35878

In that discussion, I was able to verify that Chassis CC39002 was indeed in New Zealand.

Zitat von Jud;post 35887 - 2-June-2007

Now, Chassis CC39002 is in New Zealand as well --- so the very LAST M62 RHD 840Ci 6spd out of three produced is indeed domiciled in that country and is in the Mcleod Bay, Whangarei area. Even though this car was produced March, 1996, it was imported into NZ sometime in 1998 and was offered for sale at the same Auckland BMW dealer August, 1998 as a 1998 model year 840Ci 6spd.

In my usual data collection efforts, believe it or not, the very last RHD M62 840Ci 6spd manual (one of three) is now for sale in New Zealand:

See:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade…840/auction-187345326.htm

Other than the seller mis-stating the colour of this car (it's Hellrot, code 314, not Ferrari Red), the car seems to be priced right for the New Zealand market.

If any Kiwi would be interested in contacting the seller and seeing the car, then please do!

The last M62 840Ci 6spd Vehicle Build Sheet:

Production info:
    Chassis Number: CC39002
    Type code EF72
    Type 840I (EUR)
    Steering RL
    Engine M62
    Cubical capacity 4.40
    Power 210
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox MECH
    Colour HELLROT (314)
    Upholstery LEDER NAPPA/SCHWARZ (M5SW)
    Prod. date Monday - 1996-03-11

Order options
    No. Description
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    245 STEERING COLUMN ADJUSTMENT ELEC
    299 LT/ALY WHEELS W MIXED TYRES
    353 ANTI-GLARE STRIP FRONT + RR WINDOW
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
    623 CAR TELEPHONE(GSM)
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    687 RADIO PREPARATION
    694 PREPARATION FOR CD CHANGER
    704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    806 NEW ZEALAND EXPORT
    841 CONTROL FOR DELIVERY OF OPTIONS PACKAGE -

Zitat von Hellrot 844;56038

With the above data does anyone know any more about the car? I've requested a meet to look it over and it would be nice to be armed with any info out there! :help:

What is listed in this thread is all we know about this car. If you go look at it, PLEASE take your camera and take better pictures of this car!

Also, the story the seller presents just seems to unbelievable that this car was built in 1998 but not imported into the UK until the year 2000. That just seems too fantastic. Anything you can learn to verify this car's provenance would be helpful.