Beiträge von Radron

Hey all
    Well we havebeen here in Abu Dhabi since August and so far so good! I sold my 8 to a chap in Bracknell, it was a very sad day as it was a peach! Anyhow I have spotted a few out here but am holding off to have a look round. They all seem to be 850's out here. There is a verynice 1991 850i with 100K Km's on it. Must resist! Must Resist!

Hi All

I sold my car yesterday to very nice chap called Ian who may be along on the site.

I just wanted to thank you all for being so helpful during my time as an 8er owner!

Best wishes

Ron :winkwink:

Hi Steve

Yes I have been offered a role abroard in the middle east, its why I was asking about the differences between euro spec and mid east spec 8's. Very sad because I really love my car but it would not survive out there.

Thanks Reinhard

My Rangie is LPG'd and it does about 200 miles to a tank which is amazingly good value compared to petrol. I have been considering it for the 8 as it does like petrol very much! Although I am loathe to change the originality of the car. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

I have only had Michelins on my 8 but on various other cars have had, Toyos, Goodyear Eagles, Falkens and Dunlops.

I would have to say the best are the michelins, sure footed, quiet, last well, excellent grip in all conditions cost a fortune. The Falkens were excellent all rounders in the wet and dry but were a bit noisier and felt a bit harder. The Toyos were good in the wet but not as good in the dry although broke away very progressively so when they did start to slide they did not spring the end round just a nice gradual slide. The Goodyears were good all round but didn't last very long. The dunlops were ok and actually good value.

Not very scientific but theres my 2ps worth.

I would go Falkens if you are looking to save some money or Michelins if you dont mind the cost.

Hi ask them if they can supply you with hubcentric spacers these are the safest ones you can get. They are machined with a lip or recess to fit into your hub on one side and into the alloy on the other.

Thanks for the response.

I think my preference would be to keep the 8 as it is as it is a wonderful car. I might see how the wife feels about me borrowing some school fees for a track toy as well!:motz:

Well its nice to pretend isn't it? :laugh:

Sorry for the random interuption to a very interesting thread!