Beiträge von wokke

Zitat von ron_tor

I bought that chip from ebay(should be the same seller), and it doesn't work out for my 1995 840ci (4.0 V8) too. The technician told me the chips is not suit for my model. I still didn't have chance to contact with the seller. If anyone have this problem, please tell me how to solve it.

I can't remember to have sold the chip to you. I had no sales to Asia inthe recent past.
    I've sent you a PN.

Wolf

here's my suggestion: check your email system.

This is what I wrote back to you May 21st 2008, 08:13am in response to your message dated May 20th, 11:03pm

Hi Nick,

can you please return the chip to the below address for testing? If it turns out to be faulty I of course replace it FOC, no question.

Regards
    Wolf

And this is what I wrote to you May 6th 2008, 03:59pm in response to your message dated May 6th 2008, 03:25pm

Hi Nick,

sorry to hear about the inconvenience.
    can you please return the chip to me for inspection?
    Are you running a 3.0V8 or the bigger 4.0V8?
    If the chip turns out to be faulty I of course replace it.

Regards
    Wolf

In both cases I consider my response time as being acceptable. If you would have mentioned in your 2nd message that you haven't received an answer to the 1st one I would have realized that something is going wrong.
    Luckily Jud Spencer pointed me to this post, otherwise I might not have found out for much longer.

I'll send the mails again and if they get lost again please contact me directly at info@wokke.de and not via ebay.

Wolf

P.S. ebay has stored nick.bunt@btinternet.com as your email address and this is where my replies went to (I didn''t receive any error messages).

Zitat von Noggie

Not that they were bad quality, they just was not ment to handle a V12s power.

:shock: 150HP per cat is too much for after market stuff???? I can't believe that. The M70 power output is everything but impressive. In terms of power output and fuel consumption the worst BMW engine I know.

Cheers
    Wolf

Re: catalytic converters

Zitat von Dr. E31

I'm going to try to fit E32 cats on my E31 this weekend, I'll let you know if they fit or not.

Thanks a lot. I meanwhile took a closer look at the E31 as well as the E32 units and there is a difference which might make it problematic:
    The two pipes coming from the headers enter the E32 cat. parallel while on the E31 unit they go into a Y shaped form before going into the cat. Next to that the E32 pipes are remarkably longer than the E31 pipes i.e. you need to cut and re weld the E32 pipes.
    To give a final answer it will most likely be necessary to try to mount them to see if it is possible or not.

Cheers
    Wolf

Hi all,

I've mainly been a reader of this great forum for a long time and now I have an 850Ci under restoration and need your folks advice:

The exhaust system of this car is completely toast from the catalytic converters onwards. I'm wondering if I could use the E32 converters instead of the E31 ones. I know they have different part numbers but this does not necessarily mean it won't fit or can't be made to fit. Anyone any comment?
    Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Wolf