Beiträge von wokke

Zitat von Noggie;122286

replaced it with a -12 M550d touring, was looking for some more comfort and a more practical daily driver.

can't blame you on that. I love my E38-750iL for it's comfort and all the nice little extras she has. And if needed still as fast as an 850.

exactly Steve.... who cares. As long as they pass the smog test and look OEM as well no one will even suspect them to be non original.
    BTW, my local TÜV guy say he doesn't care what kind of cat I am using. All he cares about is what comes out of the tail pipes.
    Unfortunately not all are like him. He is a youngtimer fan and his DD is an old W124. This may explain something. ;)

Cheers
    Wolf

I've never seen a broken door handle mechanism like yours. Really odd because they normally break as shown here:

This is my solution which should outlast the car ;)

I've never seen a broken door handle mechanism like yours. Really odd because they normally break as shown here:

This is my solution which should outlast the car ;)

Lieber Jack,

ich weiß nicht was ich sagen soll.
    Ich habe Jannetta ja leider nur kurz in Wien beim Treffen kennengelernt aber trotzdem sofort gemerkt, daß sie ein ganz besonderer Mensch ist.
    Sie wirkte so lebenslustig, so glücklich und so jung und umso bestürzter bin ich jetzt, diese Nachricht zu erhalten.
    Mein innigstes Beileid zu diesem tragischen Verlust und ich wünsche Dir, daß Du trotzdem wieder Freude am Leben finden wirst, auch wenn man solch einen Verlust wahrscheinlich niemals wird verschmerzen können.
    In Gedanken sind wir alle bei Dir in dieser schweren Zeit.

Wolf und Katrin

wow, that ain't cheap. Can you at least trust them? Too much oil sounds a bit strange to me since those filling stations do everything automatically.
    I just had it done on my '91 850i and all the mechanic did was type in the car model and push the START button.
    And if there was too much oil in the system preventing the compressor from moving:
    1. How come it worked at the beginning?
    2. The compressor clutch must be dead by now because if the clutch engages and the compressor internals don't move....

I can't help, but I'm a bit confused.

Zitat von anguswolfendale;120632

Thank you Wokke,
    Let's hope it is the safety pressure switch!

I actually don't suspect the switch but as Reinhard mentioned low refrigerant.
    Since you already experienced a slight loss and especially the condenser likes to go as it is made from aluminium and pressure is up to 20 bar in the system.....
    I guess you know what I mean.
    If you decide to go for a refill and don't want to do it yourself choose a company that fills the system with CO2 first with up to 10 bar and then checks for leaks.
    I made myself a set of special adapters with normal car valves so I can just fill compressed air into the system for a pressure check. Quite handy if you have to do it on more than just one car.

Zitat von dudu;120478

Hi Wokke. Nope, i have not been able to talk with the airbag module since i had the issue. As i was able to reset it using the E30 procedure and it worked, now i am in mode "if it is working, do not touch it.." ( despite it should work better... :grin2: ).

Cheers.

Edu.

Since this is a general issue with older E31-850i I got myself a special tool from Shogun which allows me to reset the SI (Oil service / inspection / yearly inspection / airbag).
    Price was €70,- and it works perfectly. I highly recommend it also for the DIY toolbox.

Hi dudu,

now I'm having the same issue on my black 1991 850i. Neither DIS nor INPA are talking to the airbag module. I changed my steering wheel and didn't disconnect the battery prior to taking the old one out. Stupid mistake but now it's too late. Did you ever manage DIS or INPA to talk to the airbag module? It does work on a 1193 model but not on mine.

Zitat von Fredi;119902

Many Thanks Fabrice for this Info, is very welcome in order to keep our Participantslist up to Date

No Problem Harry, like this we can offer for everyone to come to the meeting, also for thos who can only come on very short notice :top:
    We really try to do our very best to have everyone with all us in Munich at this unique Event

Thanks Harry, I got you on my List already :cool:

Hi Fredi,

I'll eventually be one of those short notice guys as well. Loaded with work I currently still don't know if I can make it.
    Would love to come back to the city I've lived in for over 21 years ....
    If I manage to come it'll be May 30th because my son turns 18 the day before.

Cheers
    Wolf