Beiträge von huldra66

Rim's spayed with chrome paint , and interior spayed black.

A little boring perhaps with Black / Black but it's supposed to be a model of my own car,
    For any with Indiviual car's you would have fun creating your own model.

Just a few tips, check if spray paint react with original paint on a small piece like headlight bucket.
    And as I discovered paint did react where I sanded one part first.

Engine and all parts can be removed before spraying

Ever seen a Black 850csi modell in 1 / 18 ?????
    Well I have not and have been looking for a long time in Ebay.

Yellow there you will find a lot and cheap :)

So did buy a yellow one and decided to paint it black.
    Started first trying to mask it for painting but found out early that it would not be easy and probably a poor end result.

Then hove about dismanteling it??? Easy :) a lots of screws some melted in place plastic parts, just to cut loose with a scalpel.
    In the end all metal parts out and ready for painting.

Before dismanteling.

Painted parts.

Ready for mounting :)

Rear light installed and windows

Hood , front lights , grill installed

More parts beeing paintet , including the rims :harhar: that will be chrome.
    Rest to be done tomorrow i think

Regards
    Terje

Cleaning of plastic parts ,
    Easy to do , let's try the discwasher witout my wife seeing it :harhar:

Of course I got busted :oops: but It looked good when it was finish.
    Just a tip , try and do it when your wife is out of the building, she was not pleased.

Pixture are before cleaning.

Zitat von Lloyd;84201

I must admit I love a clean engine bay. I like the detail on the inlet manifolds as this is something I was considering as my car is off the road did you spray the black or hand paint?

I did spray them, so all had to grind and polish the stiripes and BMW to get them back , just using sand papir staring with 80 and finishing with 800.
    Took a bit of time to mask it all but where easy enough to do while they still was mounted.
    Have taken them off once on Egil's car so know hove much work that is :harhar:

Actually did look great all black as well so did concider just keeping it black , but as it's not original then I had to do it correct :oops:

Regards
    Terje

Zitat von Nifty50;84192

Looking really good:top:

In addition to 'elbow grease' what types of cleaning products are you using?

For removing the wax I did not find anything other then Dremmel and steel brush, and a scrubb.
    WD40 is good for oil and debries to get it loose.
    Autosol has been used frequent :laugh:
    For plastic just take them in and use dishwashing soap , and use tireshine after to get it black.

In the end it's rubbing and rubbing :banghead:

Regards
    Terje

Zitat von Daten-Salat;84167

Thanks for the update! Programm is very attractive. I guess I'll travel from Roland's Luxemburg meeting directly to Norway. I'll try to activate some other B12 friends for this trip.

Best Christmas wishes to all Norwegian 8er enthusiasts:

Armin

Great :top: will you come one or two persons in your car ?
    We hope to have the Norwegian B12 there as well and think at least two of them will be present, one 5,7 B12 and one 5,0 B12, did speak to the owner of 5,7 B12 - 022 and he will try to get there and we have the owner of 5,0 B12 - 087 just a few km away so expect him to be there.

Possible that some Swedish with B12 will be present as well
    So with some luck it could be a Big B12 meeting on top of it :devilchilli:

Regards
    Terje

Update on the work , must admit that it has been going slowly lately :harhar:
    But have only two Xmas present's left.

Looking at old workshop receipts i was clear that all plugs was replaced at 100k km so decided to take out the two most difficult one and compare with an easy one , just to see if thay all where replaced ;)

And yes all same type and same condition, sparkplugs only have 8k km on them and was looking fine so will not change. as this must be a good plug with the correct color.

Also cleaned inntakes for wax ( hard job ) and repaintet the black with them still mounted in the car, grinded and polished the stripes and BMW after painting.

Looking good ???? :cool:

Slowly getting there

Zitat von DickB;84089

The hoses look the same Terje, but the compound had being changed after a few years(more silicone in it I think because the old ones were stiffer).
    But if they didn't crack till now, I think that you have got the right ones now.
    :winkwink:

New tank for sure and will keep an eye on the hoses :top:
    Better safe then sorry.

Have anyone seen a list things to do to keep your 8 running without issues. :driver: ( or at least reducing the risk of a breakdown )

I do not mean the obvious like oil , filters , plugs and normal service.
    Guess there are a few good tips out there , and mayby it should be collected in a seperate tread?

Regards
    Terje

Zitat von Pelle;84075

Du har helt rätt i detta, har det börjat rosta så lär det fortsätta, bäst är ju att byta så blir man säker på att det inte kommer igen:top:.

Själv har jag monterat på M fronten och spolat ur kylet och bytt expantions kärlet och fått i ny glykol.

Hey hey :cool: se på det ja , nå ser den flott ut :)

Kjøpte ny da vi var på treffet i Sverige :) prisen ble ca 2000kr nok ( 2500 Svenske ) med rabatten som vi fikk.

Med en såpass lav pris så ser jeg ikke noe grunn til og flikke på en med rust som antagelig vil ruste igjen, uansett så må de lakkeres så valgte bare og kjøpe ny.

Men klart en kan være heldig og finne en på skroten som er helt fin, men en må nok lete litt.

Hilsen
    Terje

Well cap is at least the correct one stating 200 in the senter :)
    Hoses look fine without any beginning cracks and do feel soft , but is there anyway to identify them also.

Thanks for all feedback :top:

And if there are any other good prevantive maintenace tips please let me know.

Regards
    Terje

Thanks will check when I get home from work, but waranty ?? still

Regards
    Terje

Planene mine er:

Motorrom:
    Fjerning av gammel voks, rensing og polering.
    Bytte luftfilter og kupefilter.
    Nye fordeler lokk og rotorer, sjekke plugger og ledninger eventuelt skifte.
    Service på DK motorer
    Bytte ekspansjonstank for sikkerhets skyld.
    Oljeskift og filter skift motor
    Bytte Pentosin og filtrer

Skifte takluke pga rust i kanten

Montere siste eksospotta , som fortsatt venter etter Sverige turen :harhar:

Da skulle bilen bli nesten som ny igjen :cool:

Hilsen
    Terje

New tank ordered today , so it will be replaced as a precaution.:top:

What's the deal with the cap by the way , I did read something a while ago that there was a alert early in the life of E31 about those cap's
    But can't recall the details,

Regards
    Terje

Hi there

I am wondering if it could be an idea to replace the expansion tank as a precaution? :hmmmm:

Have heard that it has been known to burst or start leaking.
    Any feedback on that topic????
    It's a pretty cheap part to replace if it sooner or later will give me trouble.

Also see that the one here on the picture are not like the one in my car as that is made of clear plastic, is it still a direct swap or is there thin's to be aware of.

Zitat von ukzero;83866

I must be showing my age - I spend my time putting anti-rust wax into my car's hidden corners rather than cleaning it out.

Guess I still remember when new cars (not that I've ever owned one) came out of the factory already going rusty :)

Well the 850 is spending the winter inside a heated garage and is not taken outside if it's raining in the summer :harhar: ( it's black and take forever to get clean again ha ha )
    So do not think rust will be an issue on this one

For my 525tds it's another story :oops: poor car spend's most of it's time
    outside and on salty winter roads. but are in surprisingly good shape still even if it's 13 years now.

Regards
    Terje

A few pic's of the ongoing project :winkwink:

Engine cleaned and missing a few parts :laugh: next here will be the manifoilds to get rid of the rest of old wax and repaint at least the black part.
    Oil service and sparkplugs are on the plan as well.

Will get as good as new :harhar:

DK's Serviced , lubricated , polished.

Heat shields polished and new bolts without rust installed

Polished pipe and replaced bolts.

Zitat von stian;83763

ja vi er her også:winkwink:

flott att du kom deg inn her, dette forumet har mange experter og du vil finne mye intererssant her .
    Kan kansje oppleves litt rotete i starten :harhar: men kommer seg etterhvert.

Vil du nå mange så post innlegg på Engelsk.

går det bra med bilen? , jeg er i full gang med oppdatering i motor rom

Hilsen
    Terje

Hei

:winkwink:

Legg merke til linken som er lagt ut på fremsiden til forum for Scandinavia :cool:

Kan ikka bare være Pelle,Egil og meg selv som skriver der , trenger dere alle til og ta en tur innom iblant

Hilsen
    Terje