Beiträge von Trono

Zitat von stevep840;75863

One point I'd like to pick up on , DK Motors Re sync/ What exactly is that??[Too long a 840 owner]

It's a procedure to sync the two throttle bodies on the V12.
    Put the car in 1st, speed up to 5000 rpm and let the car coast down to a stop. Do this 2-3 times, then let the car idle for at least 5 minutes. Turn off the ignition and the DKs are synced.

I can agree to what the others are saying about the Wokke EML chip, but it is also worth mentioning that that chip seems to give some throttle issues on some (newer?) 8's where the throttle seems to fluctuate when you're trying to hold a steady speed. I have emailed Wokke about it and he is looking into the problem.
    Here is my thread about the problem:
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9767

The DKs as you mention are also worth looking into to. I cleaned mine a few days ago because I had nothing better to do. I haven't had any problems with them, but when I got them open it was easy to see that a thorough cleaning was needed. The result seems to be a little better throttle response at low RPMs :top:

I did mail Wokke about the problem and linked to the threads on Roadfly.
    He'd look into the problem and had already found that the DK resistor values differs quite a bit.

He would do some more testing and it will be interesting to see if he can find the cause - and a solution.

Hehe, yeah, that doesn't sound too good.
    Thanks for the links. Coming to think about it I've seen similar threads on Bimmerforums too, but they never got to any conclusions.

I'll miss the crisp throttle response, but right now I'm happy to have a car that's comfortable on the highways again :)

Swapped the EML unit today and that seems to have cured the problem! :driver:

Smooth throttle all the way and seems to have lower fuel consumption too, but I guess that is a natural result of being able to keep a constant speed and not the feeling that someone is constantly pumping the pedal..

I also noticed last weekend that the RPM limiter seemed to be gone. I could push the RPM needle to 7k in park/neutral. Just happened to notice it, but I didn't dare to push it further or try it many times, but atleast now the limiter kicks in at the normal 6-6.5k rpm.

Anyway, I guess my old EML unit was faulty. When I have time I'll try to swap the Wokke chip to the new EML and see if that brings back any of the issues.

I have the same experience. My old E46's brakes was more responsive than my 8.

Although since I've been driving a '70 vw beetle the whole winter getting back into my 8 feels like driving the best car in the world! :)

Would be interesting to hear if there's any modifications that can make it crisper though.

Good question.. I know the EML boxes come in a bunch of different versions, so I checked mine earlier today to be sure I bought the same version that's in my car already. As mentioned it only takes about 5 minutes to check the numbers already in your car :)

Ouch! Sorry to hear that Noggie. That really sucks! And I must say, I know exactly how you feel ... :roll:
    Hope you get it sorted out. Maybe there's some surveillance cameras or something nearby that can have picked something up?

I wholeheartedly agree! I'm a pretty fresh E31 owner and nothing more than a hobby mechanic. The help and especially the patience some has shown me regarding some of my car issues has just been great :top:
    Not to mention all the great information and guides you can find just by searching the forums. I always search around here before google anywhere else.

Zitat von reinhard;74818

You actually know the answer already but fear the work and instead look for other work to do? :harhar:

Hehe, point taken :laugh:
    I just wanted some others opinions since I was told the EML chip could not be the source of the problems.

Buying a spare EML unit is a good idea, I'll do that!

Hi folks,

I finally just brought my car out from her winter sleep and had a few tours with her on the highway! :driver:

Was a dream to get her back out on the road, but that also brought back an small issue I had somewhat forgotten about.

She can be very hard to keep at a stable speeds on the highway. This is very noticeable when running the gear box in Sports mode and around 80-90km/h. The gearbox usually stays in 2nd gear and runs around 4000rpms and the car constantly accelerates and de-accelerates every other second and it's pretty much impossible to keep a stable speed without engaging the Cruise Control.
    (this is a '93 850 with the M70 engine and adaptive gear box)

Putting the gearbox back in Adaptive mode makes it a lot better, but I'm guessing that's just the engine is then running around 1500rpms and it isn't that responsive.

I first noticed this after installing the Wokke chips and the EML2.0 chip last fall. I contacted him about the issue, and he had noticed the same with his car running around 160km/h, but he thought it had to be a problem with the potentiometer (or maybe the throttle bodies) as the chips only holds tables of data and numbers.

I have no reason not to trust he's right about this and an easy check would of course be to install my original EML-chip again, but as the EML chip was a project in it self to install and the issue is not that a big deal I was just wondering if anyone might have some opinions and views on this?

And yes, I've tried the DK sync :)

Heisann, jeg kjenner ikke til problemet ditt desverre, men hvordan slukker motoren og når skjedde dette første gang?

Kan du holde motoren i gang ved å trykke på gasspedalen?

Dette vet du sikkert om, men i tilfelle du er ny 850 eier så kan det være du opplever det samme som jeg gjorde etter jeg fikk min bil.
    Når du kobler fra batteriene slettes minnet på DME'ene (motorstyringen) og de må kjøres inn igjen.

Jeg ble nokså nervøs første gang jeg som fersk eier av min 850 hadde koblet fra batteriene. Flere ganger på rad så startet den fint og normalt med at turtallet gikk opp til rundt 1000rpm i oppstart, men så falt det bare til motoren slukket.

Vet ikke om dette er vanlig på alle M70 motorer, men min bil må jeg iallfall starte noen ganger før den kalibrerer seg inn igjen. Dette skjer hver gang jeg har koblet av batteriene over en liten periode. Jeg kan hjelpe til med å speede litt akkurat i det motoren holder på å slukke for å holde den i gang.

Det her er jo basic, men ser du er ny på forumet og det er verdt å nevne før du begynner på mer avansert feilsøking. ;)

Aha :)

Jeg bor rett ved E39 vest for Kristiansand sentrum, Brennåsen. Mellom Søgne og Kristansand kommune.

Nederland hadde også vært moro. Har egentlig planlagt en lengre road trip nedover Europa i sommer, men så har det også dukket opp et større prosjekt på jobb som skal gå over sommeren og leveres i august. Om ikke jeg får tid til turen i sommer hadde jo Nederland i september vært helt perfekt!

Aha, ja. Bor 10 min utenfor Kristiansand, så det er absolutt interessant. Har veldig lyst til å få tatt den turen!

Jeg skal holde dere litt oppdatert når det begynner å nærme seg og si i fra om jeg kommer meg med.

Hi,

my front spoiler is full of white spots and scratches after beeing hit by gravel etc. over the years, so I thought I'd deliver it for a paint job before the spring. I've been standing out in the garage and wondering a bit on how to get the thing off, so I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick guide on where the nuts and bolts are hidden? :driver:

I tried to search the forum, but didn't find anything.