Beiträge von Trono

Hehe, it's all a matter of taste ;)

I'm in no hurry getting a pair though. Even though I could earn quite a lot by selling my 8 right now I'm planning to keep it for many years. Therefore I am working on my 8 to make it a little more unique to my own taste and freshed it up a little, step by step :driver:

Thanks for your reply!
    Not sure what you mean that they are not available in Germany at the moment. I looked up the part numbers from RealOEM and they are for sale in Norway. But a pair of new ones with glass costs from 750€ and upwards. That more than I bother to pay for a bit more stylish mirrors ;)

I'm not really interested in unoriginal mirrors that are only manually adjustable either. I rather keep my old and original ones then.. But I'm keeping my eyes open if I should come across some used ones.

Kan jo si hei her jeg også :)

Har hengt litt rundt på forumet en stund og pratet litt noen av dere andre her via mail o.l.

Kjøpte en svart metallic M70 850CI i sommer. Faktisk førstegangsregistert som '95 mod, men er bygd i slutten av '93.

Den ble importert i 2003 (tror jeg det var) og hatt èn eier i Norge før meg som kun har kjørt den ca 20 000km frem til jeg kjøpte den. Jeg kjøpte den igjen via en forhandler som solgte den for kunden, men utifra papirene og standen på bilen er det ikke tvil om at den har vært godt behandlet.

Litt småpel er det jo alltid. Krangler litt med de klassiske feilene som feilmeldinger på lys, litt ujevn tomgang på kald motor, et par rustroser på takluka osv, men ingenting alvorlig og håper å få tatt det meste nå i vinter. Vel, har en airbag feil som har vist seg å være usedvanlig vanskelig å løse. Ellers mye nytt å lære på disse bilene. Har tidligere hatt en 635csi og en E46 320..

Har en '70 mod Boble som vinterbil mens BMW'en koser seg i garasjen :laugh:

Wanted for LHD, non-memory 850ci
    If I'm not mistaken part numbers are 51162253831 & 51162253832

Preferrably DIAMANTSCHWARZ METALLIC (181), but the important part is that they're in good condition.

PM me offers :)

I'm interested in buying a pair of original tail lights (part no 63218354263 & 63218354264).

The condition doesn't matter too much as long as they are usable. I just need to have a spare original set in the garage as I'm going to tint the ones I have.

Edit: Found and bought a pair

Very interesting thread! I have been wondering about the locking of gears for a while.

Sorry for a maybe dumb question, but are there any ways of getting better acceleration or the transmission to lock the gears in lower gears with the 4hp gearboxes? Preferably without ruining the comfort.

I mean with my 850 I can't even get my back wheels to slip on wet asphalt. Even when slightly applying the brake it just won't slip.

I have talked to one guy about the issue who said he had no problem getting his back wheel to slip, which made me start to wonder. But then again when I think of it I think he has the Alpina version.
    I have the adaptive transmission that came in '93 by the way.

Just curious.. can this issue affect the instrument cluster?

I've been going over a lot of the wiring and connectors this winter, and while it has been really cold here I've not been much in the garage. Probably been down to -15c/5f in there for a couple of weeks. Now that it's milder again (0c/32f) I have connected everything back together, but now I got a problem with the instrument cluster lights.
    Left turn signal makes the background lightning blink on and off as well as the turn signals, and there's a slight buzzing noise coming from the cluster. This gets louder if I increase the background lightning with the adjustment wheel to the left.
    Also as soon as the car starts there's always a slight, very dim light in the left green cursor (when the lower lights are lit).

I've been thinking that I've probably made a short somewhere while working on the car, but if the capasitors or general module can cause this I have an easier place to start looking.

Good idea, the thought never even occured to me. There are just too many things that I've tried lately where the results doesn't seem to make sense and I feel like I've been going one step forward and one step back over and over again..
    I'll see if I can find and buy a sharpened probe tomorrow.. the ones on my multimeter are way to thick, and I'll check it out as soon as I have time. Thanks!

Hi again,

I think I have finally narrowed down the problem to the wires going across the dash and over the tunnel.

Image of wire schematics

Following this schematic I get a very good connection from Fuse 55 to pin 23 on the instrument cluster (as meassured before), and a connection to pin 27 on the X14 connector - allthough at a higher resistance. This puzzles me a bit - also I read inf. resistance between pin 23 and pin 27 here.. Is this because of the splitter?
    Another weird thing is that the wire color coding does not seem to match, but the pin numbers seems to do. Not sure if this is unusual? On the connector under the seat there is indeed a white green/wire, but that's on pin 2 - which confused me a bit at first.. On pin 4 the wire is purple/green. Pin 5 is red/white though. I have ignored this and just looked at the pin numbers when using the multimeter.

Anyway disconnecting the X14 connector the female pin 27 gives connection to the fuse and the male straight to ground.

I can't help the feeling that something just doesn't match up here, but if it's the cables going across the coupe I guess I will have to remove most of the dash so I can remove the carpet properly. Are there any easier ways to do this? .. I was thinking about just trying to connect another wire directly between X14 and X13110, but that means I will have to disconnect the old wire somehow. And I want to make very sure that this is the faulty cable.

Some more pictures to show the connectors

X13110 Connector
    X14 Connector

ah, okay, thanks. Will just try to see if it gives any errors after I've found and fixed the short in ciruit from the fusebox then.

Thanks, I really appreciate all input and suggestions too! Couldn't have gotten this far without it. I pretty much learn as I go here.. ;)

Anyway. I just got in from the garage. Had to remove the passenger seat today. The three pin connector I did find don't seem to have anything to do with the airbag, but I found the WS/RT and WS/GR wires around the center of the chair.

- The good news is that there is a full and fine connection between the seat and the ECU.

- The slightly bad is that there's no connection between pin 1 and 3 in the seat, so seems the mat is indeed faulty! Good thing I bought that resistor.

-The very bad part is that is that on the WS/GN wire from the fuse and to pin 1 under the seat there's almost inf. resistance. Just a slight connection. And the same circuit has a strong connection to ground :banghead:

With the fuse removed, the X74 ECU connector disconnected and the X10218 connector disconnected from under the seat I really don't think I have overlooked any sources to ground.
    Extra fun since this wire goes under the carpet and I don't really know its path. Are there any typically well known places for this wire to get a short to ground? ..

Okay, so that's supposed to be a constant connection to ground there? Guess that makes sense to discharge the SRS system after turning the ignition off.

And yeah, I spent a few hours trying a few things with the unplugged connector I found, but with no go. Got inf. resistance from pin 3 to the ECU connector so I figured it's either not for the airbag or the wire is broken somewhere. And if it is the mat it is broken as I didn't get any changes in resistance when I sat down in the seat.

Either way I left it at that and ordered a sensor mat by-pass resistor which actually arrived today.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI…ame=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Going to look into this again tomorrow and atleast check the color codings on the wires to see if they match the schematics.

Hm, I just noticed after reading further in the manual that the <A> connection in the schematics goes to an Unloader Relay.

Removing the relay also removed the connection to ground. Is it perhaps working as it should after all then?
    A quick google told me that faulty unloader relays can cause several problems, but it's beyond my understanding atm how these are supposed to work

Aha, yeah, that was my guess after looking more into it. I found the X33 connector and can confirm that the short is between that one and the fusebox. Just need to get the proper tool to open the fuse box.

I just hope it's under the fusebox or close by so I won't have to remove the whole dash. Just removed the instrument panel and found the wires behind there. Tried to wiggle them while meassuring, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Alright, think I am really closing in on the cause now. Finally....

Seems the problem is the wiring before the fusebox and not between the fusebox and the airbag ecu, so that's why I haven't found it before.

Looking at the schematics both fuses get power from the ignition circuit (purple wires). On both of these wires in the fuse/power distribuition box I get a slight connection to ground as well. 80ohm resistiance to ground or so.

Link to schematics image

Only problem, I don't know where the X223 connector(?) is located. Maybe I've just overlooked it, but I've looked at the connectors under the dash and I haven't found the purple wires there. Anyone know where it is and what it looks like?

Hi,

I've googled around and searched the forum looking for any place to buy a regular black interior dash kit. I find wood, chrome and alu kits on ebay, but I'm just looking for, well, black plastic or similar.

Something like this
    I don't even need a whole kit if the center part is sold seperately.

I'm about to install a 7" monitor and I don't want to start destroying the original wood trim I have.

Does anyone know of any online shops or anything that might sell these?

Great thread! I just ordered a touch screen for the car earlier today, and now I came across this! Some smart solutions here for placement and everything.

Definitively going to read through the whole thread after work :)