Beiträge von Daz850

8 series genuine CSi front spoiler in used condition. No splits or cracks but some scuffing to the underside which isn't visible when fitted. The paint is scratched and cracked/peeling so will require painting to suit your car. I can post it anywhere in mainland UK for an extra £25. SOLD!

Brand new in the bag CSi front anti roll bar which I believe is 27mm as opposed to the 22mm standard 850 item. Comes complete with Powerflex mounting bushes. These are approx. £120 from the dealer plus bushes.
    I'm looking for £100 ono for roll bar and bushes. :top:

I have a set of new in the box Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs for sale to fit an 840/850. The part number is: E2022-140 and they lower the car by approx. 25/20mm front to rear. These sell for around £225 plus post so mine are a bargain at £165 ono posted. :mrgreen:
    SOLD!

Zitat von rogbmw;86067

I actually did take the lense off of one - you have to carefully cut the black silicone seal, then clean up all the left over silicone out of the groove, then replace it back into place with new silicone. My glass lense was in great condition, but as stated above, you can not just get the lense.

Did you take the indy lense off as well?
    Looks a bit better bonded than the fog lense.

Zitat von huesey1974;86089

Hey,
    That would be great! Let me know what you want for it and we can take it from there.

Cheers

I'll dig it out of the 'stash' at the weekend and PM you the details. :top:

Zitat von huesey1974;86063

Hi,
    Thanks guys, Eurocarparts £179 ARGHHH!!!

Will check out the online scrappies me thinks.

Cheers

Surprise surprise. Euro are out of stock. :roll:
    I have an FTP with a cracked indicator lense if you want to try and get the fog glass off to put on yours?

Can't say for certain but the rear board I replaced in mine came from a 65 12 1 379 387 amp. Connectors are the same as amps ending with 444 and 009 too. :top:

Got the amp sorted with the help of NicKF. :top:
    Swapped the rear board from one of his dead amps into my 'quiet' one and it now works well.

All was well until I decided to swap the front of my head unit onto the one Nick sent me (better buttons) and now I can't get the bloody code in. :motz:
    Wish I'd left it alone now.

Zitat von NickF;85292

I de-catted mine, never looked back. The car is actually in an exhaust shop today having extra silencers fitted as it was super loud. Straight pipes from headers to cross over pipe then magnaflow back boxes. There is a school of thought that when back pressure gets too low things don't run quite right. I think my setup was too free-flowing, and mega-loud.

How do you get on with emissions at mot time Nick?

Zitat von Nifty50;85264

Not if it's pre 1993/94. I was informed by the re -mapping people that removal of the cats is the single biggest and most effective improvement to performance, for no cost that is, assuming you would only have them removed when fitting a new exhaust.

Mine is a 1992. :harhar:
    So I can remove them as long as it passes emmisions?
    Should be better without them as they weigh a bit too!

Zitat von Bob Beebe;85238

My 850CI averages 11.4 mpg now that I have stripped out the CAT's. I drive 10 miles a day in Guernsey at a max of 35 mph ;) before the exhaust upgrade it was 9.6 - 10.4 max mpg. With fuel here at 98p a litre including road tax, it is my pick me up after a long day at the office. When i took her to the UK I achieved 19.7 mpg for a week average.

Cheers
    Bob

Mine also averages 11.4 mpg.
    Do you not need the cats for the MOT?

6mpg is ok for a track day Rob. :laugh:
    I have seen mine down to 8.4 in traffic/driven hard but luckily I was on my own. If anything expensive breaks or petrol rises too much this year I'm going to have to tell the missus that I have serviced the 8 and its now doing 25mpg or she'll be on the war path!

Nick I get 11.4 on my daily 6 mile round trip and see roughly 15 if I give it a run of around 20 miles. I like to give it some beans too. :mrgreen:

Zitat von NickF;84873

My wife despises my car, and to a lesser extent me, for the amount of attention and time I give it.

I have the same problem Nick!
    She hates it now she knows it only does 11mpg. :laugh: