Beiträge von Daz850

There are a couple of owners within 20 miles or so.
    Talyinka is on this forum I think, has a spare amp/head unit and is not too far away.

Thanks for that Revtor. The volume is not great without having the head unit almost at full which gives plenty of distortion. Once I am doing 100kmh I can barely hear it over the engine. :hmmmm:

Having fitted a Sony cd player using the ebay adapter I now have music in the 8er at last. Seems the head unit was faulty not the amp. :top:
    My only gripe now is the sound quality. Volume levels are quite poor even though all speakers are working. Can I change the amp to a modern unit without changing the speakers?

Zitat von revtor;83210

Sure, no problem. But you'll need an adapter for the wiring harness as the Sony is most likely equipped with ISO connectors whereas BMW units have proprietary BMW connectors.

Please note that several readily available adapters lack the "remote power" wire which is absolutely essential in the E31. Inquire with the seller when in doubt.

Just bought an adapter from a seller on ebay for £1.89! I sent the info from your post to him and he confirmed that the adapter is wired correctly with a remote power wire. :top:
    Sellers ebay id is: liquidice2008

I'm looking for a spare head unit at the moment as the display has gone on mine anyway. Can a non BMW unit be used to test the system as I have a spare Sony CD head unit kicking around?

I spotted that one :top:
    The speakers make a 'pop' noise when I switch on the head unit which makes me think that the amp is powering up at least. No sound when you turn up the volume though?

I'm currently getting no sound from my radio or cd and suspect the amp is faulty. Does anyone know if the E36 amplifier is the same as the E31 item?
    The part number on the E36 one I have is 65.12-8 371 024

Zitat von kadvr6;81767

just a little update, been realy busy with work so wont be able to get the car to the MOT station till saturday.

Hi Daz, you are a true stalker:laugh: pm me your number mate as would like you to give it a look over if you dont mind.

karl

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    PM sent mate.

PS the M535i goes to its new owner tomorrow. :thumpdown:

Nice looking wheels but as Timm said find out what the 'performance tyres' are before clicking the button. Might be worth the extra 140 for the Avons or just getting the wheels from them and going elsewhere for tyres.

Zitat von kadvr6;81649

well i have prov bought the car, its going for an MOT on monday so will post on here what the outcome was, fingers crossed its not a very very long failure sheet:)

Let me know how it goes Karl.
    Might see you at the next meet now I've sold my M535i. :top:

Zitat von sandwich;81556

A chap up the road has just bought a 96 840 in Estoril 95000 miles full history, for £3k. Prob needs £1000.00 spent on wheels and a bit of paint, but lovely car. I think that 850 looks about £4k max.

Agreed. I'd go £3.5 - 4k for a 'quick sale' as it has no MOT and as such is a bit of a gamble.

Zitat von Timm;81441

He seems to be a rather nice bloke on the phone! Unfortunately, the sunroof is as rusty as mine is.....

He never mentioned the roof!

Contacted them last night to see if they would sell complete and it was a no go as expected. Doesn't need any other work except cats!!!
    I asked about the seats and he wants £600 for the fronts.
    Lovely looking car and a real crime to break it. :cry:

Zitat von Herminator;80022

If I had 2k I'd consider buying that...
    For the red leather interior and the wheels mainly. But red wouldn't go well in barbados green :(

I've never seen an 8 with red leather actually, I like it a lot.

I like the red with silver too and if they are straight alpinas then its got to be worth that easy. Even though it could cost that to mot it. :ahhhhh: