Beiträge von 2rgeir

Zitat von revtor;67908

The reservoir and pump are in the spare wheel well. To access:

- Open trunk.
    - Take out floor mat.
    - Undo locking nut and remove spare wheel.
    - Undo locking nut and remove black plastic cover.

You should now see the reservoir, pump and fluid level sensor.

What is this black cover you mention? No such thing in my car :hmmmm: When I remove the spare, I look directly at the huge white "weight saver" as I like to call it...

Nice, looking forward to that. Maybe Steve can clarify that color issue?

Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;63825

These guys look really good. They have the colour need.

I'll give them a try.

Thanks!

Did you order the stuff from Dynamixdyes? Curious about how it works out. Wouldn't mind seeing it for myself actually, as I work from Aberdeen on a supply vessel ;)

Yes, please keep it like it is. You have an amazing looking car, and with the Alpina wheels it looks stunning ;) I simply love the colour combo, close to what I would consider a perfect 8 :cool:

Zitat von rcrad6653;56534

I was aware there was a difference, but you're saying they are completely unworkable for LHD? Cannot the mirror angle be adjusted to work on our passenger side? Could those with the sport mirrors enlighten me please as I've never driven an 8er with them. Are our Drivers side longer (or whatever it is) as well?

They are not "completely unworkable" as you put it, but the angle will not be correct. Mirror is adjustable, but not the angle of the housing itself. And yes, the driver side sticks out further than the passanger one. Of course, if you are handy and possess the right kind of tools, it might be possible to do something about the angle.

Hi :) I might be willing to give up mine for £ 300 + Shipping. Thats what I paid for them. Bought them from England just to check, but the angle is not correct for my LHD. The motor on the right side does not work, but I think that is a wiring issue(RHD vs LHD). The seller (member here) claimed they worked properly. They are calypso red, and as said RHD.
    Get at me directly at "torgeir.nikolaisen@vkbb.no"[/email] if you are interested.

Regards
    Torgeir

Hi
    I found this beatiful 850 ci with the 5.4 lit for sale in Germany. Car has covered 130k kms, but looks to be in mint condition. Just received pictures by mail, and the engine compartment looks like it came out of the factory today. Asking price is 19.840 Euros.

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=58601124

If I would be able to get rid of mine quickly for a decent price I probably would have run off and bought this straight away.... But thats not going to happen :cry:
    Anyone here with access to the VIN registery? I got the VIN from the seller today..

Zitat von martinw

2rgeir,
    Prior to adding the cap, level in my front bottle was about the same as yours. Mostly looked almost empty. Normal (?).
    My headlight washers worked however even with this level.
    Guess you know the headlight washers only work on each 5th use of the windscreen washers or intensive washers ?

Does this mean that the headlight washers will not come up if I just pull the handle and hold it? Hmmmm... Never heard that it only will come up every 5th time :?
    Will have to investigate when I get home from sea in 3 weeks time :roll:

How high is the level supposed to be in the front tank?
    My headlight washers don't work, and it simply seems there is not enough pressure to get them up. Two times I've experienced that they barely lifted, without disposing any liquid. But usually they don't even lift.
    When the tank up front is filled from the reservoar in the trunk, the level just barely reach the mountingpoint for the pump before it stops.

Equipment delivered on Euro models and NOT on US models:

- Final drive oil cooler
    - Engine oil cooler
    - Active rear axle kinematics, motorsport specific
    - Stronger brakes
    - M-design door mirror
    - M-Interior (Bicolor)

Equipment delivered on US models and NOT on Euro models:

- "BMW Motorsport" written on doorhandles :lol:

(Source: http://www.e31.net)

As soon as I got it sorted out it worked with 5 times on mine :oops:
    Off course you have to remember to switch off the ignition with the lights still in the upright position.. :P

Hi guys
    Have a problem with my M70 when the engine is cold. Outside temp is between 3 and 16 deg celsius. When I start up, it will idle roughly for close to 10 secs, a couple of times so low that the battery light comes on. Then it dies. After one, or at the most two more startups, it will stay running, but doesn't settle down on even idle untill it's passed the blue marking on the temp gauge.
    If I straight away start giving a little throttle, I'm able to keep it alive, but it still does not settle untill it's reached "working temp". Simply seems like it's not getting enough gas.
    Have been advised by a mechanic that there is supposed to be some kind of "cold-start sensor" somewhere in the engine, telling it to feed more gas when the engine is cold. If this is broken, it will most likely not show on diagnostics..
    Don't know what the proper term in English is for this sensor, so will be gratefull for any help on the matter.
    As soon as the engine reaches working temp, it runs smoothly and nice.

P.S. Have tried the search function, but could't find anything witch matched. If someone know of any posts involving this issue, please guide me :oops: