Beiträge von mgas

P.S. Sorry Antonin, i do have a message as you asked, trans fail safe. I t only comes up and bongs when i start the engine after i have applied the brakes, i then drive the car 4/5 hundred yards or so and it disappears.

Thanks guy for your replies. Antonin, miles is 108000, no messages and drive perfectly in manual. I have allways had the trans fail safe message come up and bong for 3/4 years, it happened after i tried to boosts the batteries when they went flat. Any ideas how to remove this. Had diagnostic to remove but failed. Reinhard, i will read your link later. I have the m62 engine. Tim i will clean the dust and fag ash from my gear selector.

Hello to all, i've had an issue with my auto box for some time, it may be my driving or possibly the age of the car. firstly i can't feel the gear change any more on acceleration, i don't have an issue with power still go fast, gears do change down when i apply brakes going downhill. secondly is i looked at the dashboard yesterday whilst i was driving and some thing was missing and i could not figure what, then i noticed the gear change symbol was'nt illuminated for park/reverse/ neutral/drive and the car had no acceleration on pulling away but still had power after that. got in the car this morning and gear change lights were lit and had no issue with power loss. Is my gear box worn/tired as its 21 next month or is it the torque converter that's at fault anyone had a problem and can anyone advise what the fault could be.

Hi to all, seem to have a fault with the near side rear fog light. I have change the bulbs twice and removed the complete light unit and swapped it to the other side, unit works fine but will not illuminate fog light on correct side. Some garage has suggested the light module can anyone advise on location of module and a colour and discription of item. thanks for ant help.:hmmmm:

Hi angus, have you had to renew any of the outer trim prior to repaint. If so are the parts still available. Thanks for any reply.

Thanks timm. Went at it abit like a bull in a china shop,did not realise i only needed to remove number 15.Other side will be easier and quicker.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/28590/

Afternoon to all. After putting off a repair to the rear suspension for about 3/4 years i have attempted to perform the repair. Did not know the correct way to procede so just carried on and hoped it was easy. Removed bolts from number 19. (see attached picture) Did not realise i had to remove bolts from number 15 and 13 to remove the thrust rod, easyer said than done. done it in the end. the only major issue was refitting numbers 15 and 13 due to the weight of the wheel hub and aligning all the parts together. Took approx 3 hours to complete. Will do drivers side next week if weather permits.

Thanks again wokke, i did some cross referencing my self and came up with e53 bmw x5 part no 33306784983 m14x1.5x95 as you state but has 10.9 added?. Ithink they are still available,direct from main dealer,will have to wait for tomorrow and make a phone call.

Hi wokke, no he never botherd to do anything to rear bolts. I have been looking on the web for similar bolts, Have any of the other bmw,s with the m62 engines have similar bolts ie 5/7 series or the x5.Thank for your input.

Morning to all.Wishing the globe a very merry christmas and a gr8 new year. Just replaced my front tie rod ends last week.I then made appointment with local garage to do the wheel alignment?tracking,only took 20 mins.Anyway the guy mentioned that my rear wheels need aligning aswell,can some one confirm the procedure for this.The wheel man pionted to the rear axle part for this.Thanks for any reply. Numbers7/8 and9 on picture below.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/25650/

Thanks kms for your reply about the sterio,is a chinese after market one. I know a place near birmingham uk that do similar for bmw and other car/van models.Would love to do the same as you and also have a shark fin aerial fitted.Can yours play dvd movies.

Great timm, thanks for the guidence and writeup detailing the procedure to fix the wipers.Thanks for your reply.
    Did as you described wipers work ok now.

Got up this morning to find bird shit all over the windscreen,anyway seem to have a problem with the wipers they dont retract to the original position,i spayed some wd40 on the outside to the nut connection operated the wiper and herd a clunking noise but still not going back to the off position ,could not find away to spray the main linkage. Any help with this issue please.Thanks for your replies.:help:

Thanks for all the advice,i was considering going with lemforder anyway but i just needed guidence,thanks again.