Beiträge von mgas

Morning to all. Need suspension parts for my 840 front tie rods to both sides,i have sourced a bmw supplier but he has 3/4 products. the most expensive being lemforder at £50.40 each side.Febi bilstien at approx £30+ per side and a couple of german brands which he has had no comeback faults with.What brand should i choose. 1 of the cheaper brands comes in at £20.30 per side. Thanks for you imput on my dilema to choose.:hmmmm:

Thanks for your advice and input wolf. You state that the arm already comes complete with upper bush is this from bmw main dealer or an after market part.

Thanks again.
    mark.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/22592/

Hi to all,.Need some advise please,have a slightly worn bush no 20 on the picture.
    Do i have to change the whole arm no 19 ?.Or can i getaway with just changing the bush.The issue is on the rear passenger side,no problem with rear driver side but do i change that side to balance the suspension.Also what bushes do i use,i have read about the m5 are much more robust?.Thanks for any replies.

Passenger window.

Just to let all know i have refitted window mechanism and all works as should with no gremlins.(fingers crossed).2 issues though,the winder break as it did is this a common fault because the point of the seperation is a weak spot being a light fused weld.Picture below.Also can anyone tell me about this connection, is it an optional extra or something thats fitted to different models.. Connection to the bottom left of image, the black one.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/16233/ 8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/16231/

Passenger window.

:top: Thanks again MB.Link worked got the info to proceed with removal/refit.Picked up a complete door today minus inner door card/trim for £120,5 mins from my house. :D:smokin:.

Passenger window.

Hello again, found the culprit as to why the window wont opperate,but the motor still works.I have a broken window mechanism,snapped arm.The arm for some reason has broken and i cant see how this has occured.I would like to post an image but cant seem to upload the picture. Anyway can anyone give me the procedure details of how to remove the window mechanism prior to refiitting a new one.Thanks for your replies.Sorry managed to upload image. Broken at the black mark.

Passenger window.

:oops: To mention pushed/forced window to closed position.Have i fxxxxxxed the winder mechanism, as stated motor works and door external handle operates as normal apart from window movement.:dontknow:

Passenger window.

Hi MB,yes motor sounds,ie works can hear it but window arm does not go up or down.Is the arm broke,nothing rattles and nothing dropped off in door.

Passenger window.

Thanks for the advice stevep840,did as you instructed but to no avail.Have the same problem with the sun roof just will not reset.Back to window problem motor works but window mechanism does not move up or down Is this the relay module thats at fault as MB advices and have you MB got a parts number.Thank for your support guys.

Afternoon guys.Beautiful day,(was).Opened all windows and sun roof to nip down the road for some fags.Returned home and parked up,decided to leave windows/sun roof open noing was going out again in an hour or so.Locked car via key and set dead lock and left key turned to long because windows and sun roof started to close,except passenger side.Put key in ignition to operate window switch window retracked down but would not return to closed position.Removed door panel to investigate.Window motor works ie you can hear a sound when switch is moved to the up/down position but regulater does not operate.Can anyone diagnose my problem please.Thanks for your replies.:dontknow:

Shocks.

Hello again Terje,left the s out of absorbers.I know you have a busy day ahead of you can you please reply to a procedure detail of what nuts/bolts to undo first and what parts to remove in order. thanks for your reply.

Front suspension.

Hi to all.Posted here just after having mot and was advised about front suspension fault. Had a look yesterday and the near side/passenger side wishbone arm was loose/worn,it moved on the bush side and the ball joint side,i guess i will have to renew complete wishbone.ECP do them for £147.60 a lemforder with rubber mounting.Is this rubber mounting any good ,do i need to change to the m5 bush and can you change the ball joint,or is this a non service part.Thanks for any replies.:hmmmm:

Console.

Avery informative write up 8 tech.A great weath of knowledge shared with all.Whilst repairing/renewing console parts that have an electrical connection should you disconnect the batteries.