Beiträge von mgas

Wheel wobble.

Thanks for all your replies,i will look at the option of renewing the bushes.Does anyone have a parts number for the m5 solid bushes.

Sorry me again,when the car was on the lift i noticed a oil leak around the rear diff,only a minor one but a leak all the same.Is this a case of changing a o ring or a gasket/seal to mend the issue.:oops:

Hi to all and a belated merry christmas, also have a gr8 new year.Went to belguim in october great trip and a first experiance to driving on opposite side,anyway all went well apart from day 2 when i had a bit of a wheel wobble/judder when braking. Clocked up quite a few miles and put it down to brakes getting hot/overheating.Decided to take it easy when braking for the rest of the trip.When i arrived back in the uk everything was fine wobble had disapeared, no reoccurance since.Just had my mot done and on checking the brakes on the rolling speed machine,the front wheels wobbled/judderd.Inspector said he could not check fault when he had it on the hoist/lift because of the force needed to push wheels back,thats why it only became visable when putting it through the brake test.Can anyone please advise what the problem may be,inspector believes its the suspension, i would appreciate any clues to this dilemma and a picture of any suspension i may need to replace.Thanks for your replies.:help:

Just spent the weekend in Belguim with members of the european bmw 8 series.G8 adventure,not sure of how many miles/km i did. Went via euro tunnel to Calais and then travelled to Namur. Spent the night in Namur.Following morning took a trip to a prefume factory with a guided tour. Had lunch at Justine henin restaurant.After that we took to the road,not sure of speed limit but we where going quite fast.Spent saterday night at the chateau-du-lac.Had a chinese for saturday dinner.Sunday more driving ,and then stopping at Parc du cinquantenaire to visit either the airplane museum or the autoworld anciant car museum.Some realy old cars from all around the world.We then proceeded to a brasserie for
    lunch.After which we said our goodbuys. :top::driver: PS Sorry was not sure how to upload the pictures i took and forgot to mention names of the people i met.The following hosts where very hospitable.Antonin/Fabrice/Jean/Pierre/Thierry and Tristan and also not forgetting the wives/partners of some of the above.Thank you all for a lovely time.

Belgium 2011 October.

Hello to all european 8 fanatics.Only had mine for 2 years, still leaning how to care for a 15 year old car. Been to 2 meets in England and i am interested in coming to Belgium in october. Sorry but i only speak English never had opportunity to learn. Could someone give me details about location please. And thanks to revtor for his advise.

Hi to all. Has anyone been to any european 8 meeting or considerd going to one. I was at gaydon recently approx 15 8 series was there, i believe a few 8er members were present. There is a meeting in Belguim weekend 14/15/16 october. Anybody thought about going.:driver:

Insurance.

Hi angus we met at cosford, hellrot model. Again thanks for insurance info got a quote to day of £300.42 very pleased with, this is half of what i am paying now.Thats with classicline.:) :D

Insurance nightmare.

Thanks for your reply nifty50. I am 52 not that young, but still having issues with insurance clean licence no convictions no noclaims.

Hi to all,having a nightmare with the cost of insurance thinking of parking up for 12 months but i doubt it will be any cheaper by then. Any way what is the citeria for storing your 8 for a long period, do you disconnect the batteries?. What else is paramount. Can anybody give me some advise. I have no garage.

Morning to all e31 owners.I am thinking of getting a odb diagnostic tool, hand held.Can any one advice a make and model for a do it your selfer.Nothing to exspensive, just some thing to diagnose code faults/engine management.:itsme:

Hi to all, can any one shed some light to a problem i have please.Is it correct that when you activate the alarm on your remote and one or more of the windows are openm by keeping your finger pressed on the button the windows will automaticaly close.Ihave been told this, but mine does not.But if i keep the remote pressed in the unlock mode all my windows/sunroof opens.Have i got a relay fault and if so which relay is it.:dontknow: