Beiträge von mgas

Hi 2 all 8ers.Posted here middle jan and begining of feb relating 2 flat batteries/water valves.the issue with the batteries is now sorted and working as good as new.Unbeknown to me once you have a brake/interuption to the power supply i surpose various things can arrise.Mine is sun roof not working,read owners manual which states you should hold switch forward for 12 secs,done this but still no operation of sun roof. Can any 8er please advise.:hmmmm:

Foreign parts.

Hi guys,posted earlier today on a faulty heater part. read your posts about none bmw parts, i have just purchased and fitted a water pump for the internal heating. brought from sytner main bmw dealer and the pump was made in Romania, i hope it works.

Same old story.

Yes turned heater switch on drivers side to full, drove car for 20 mins still no change to passenger side ice cold like air con.As i said before will purchase new water valves, once fitted will diagnose if working.

Clanger.

Me again,dropped a bit of a clanger relating to internal heating.Fitted new part i.e auxillary water pump, should have fitted new water valves instead of pump. Its obvious why my heating is still faulty. Will post again when i have new parts fitted.:naughty:

Afternoon all 8ers, posted here on 02/01/11 about problem with internal heating.Was informed problem could be a faulty water valve,got heat only on drivers side,passenger side stone cold.Purchased a bmw replacement part,very fiddley to fit not much room, any way still having same fault stone cold on passenger side.Has anyone discoverd another way to remedy this annoying glitch.:hmmmm:

CTEC Battery charger.

Purchased a Ctec charger xs3600,connected properly at 4pm saterday 22,still charging is this normal for a small charger.you have 3 modes on battery, mine are still on black as of 4.15pm monday 24 and was on black prior to charging.any suggestions do i need new ones.:banghead:

C-tec.

Once again Timm thanks. Can you enlighten me as to where in the boot i can conect this charger and to which battery do i fix to,looking in the boot the left or the right battery.

batteries.

Many thanks again Timm your knowledge is much rewarding.I have herd a multi-stage smart charger/deltran battery tender might be of use to charging my batteries have you an opinion about this.Or can you recomend a charging unit to purchase. :driver:

Thanks for your earlier replies to flat batteries. Recharged batteries but not to full load.drove car up and down m-way for about 20 mins, as i pulled up on the drive way and applied the brakes the "trans fail-safe prog" came up on the obc.has any one had this problem. owners manual states i should take to dealer without delay.Is this going to be expensive. engine runs normal as does auto box,i never tried manual/steptronic.All replies are very welcome.:help:

Recharged batteries

Recarged batteries, not to full load.Drove car up and down motorway for about 20 mins,as i pulled up onto driveway and applied brakes "tran fail-safe prog" came up on the on board computer.has any one had this problem.Owners manual says i should take to bmw service station without delay.Is this going to be expensive.All replies are very welcome.:help:

hello again guys not used my 8 for only 1 week come to retieve a2z book and remote not working got in to car and found batteries flat dead as a dodo tried to boost of connectors under bonnet but alarm kept going off do i need to remove batteries to recharge them can ant one give me some advise please.:dontknow:

:help: Hi to all happy new year and have a g8 2011. don,t post much only when i have a problem.my internal heating has become faulty i have heat in the drivers side but not in the passenger side has any one got a solution to this is it a diy job or do i need to take to a garage to sort out.