Beiträge von v12 maniac

rear steer pipes

Zitat von mattsimis;74461

Talked to the BMW Garage, they are looking for EUR350 for the 2 little pipes. Surely someone has seen them off the car or has an old one from a previous replacement that I could check the metal threading from?

I had a the same problem, turned out to be 6mm brake pipe i reused the ends but they are easy enough to get new & i had the flexy pipes made by an Automotive hydraulic pipe manufacturer who makes goodridge pipe type of stuff, when i explained what i wanted they understood straight away & made the pipes up with compression unions to the 6mm pipe ends ! Cost @ 18+vat each & they look nice under there. Also replaced flow pipe from front to back got it from BMW @ 25 + vat came in a coi, & it was'nt hard to fit or so the wife said afterwards. :driver:

Worth a look eh !
    i have had trouble with the main pump relay / check the connections under the rear seat they can corrode, two fuel pumps .
    Have fun ! :driver:

Zitat von Nordahn 850 CI;74203

I hope that someone have had the same problem that I have now. So I can get some help repairing my car. I put in a new engine but after the swop, when I turn on the engine it only runs for 3 sec. and then it shuts down electronic. I can turn it on again and again it the same every time. I don’t have any aider of what I can be
    thaks
    brian ;)

This may be it, had this problem with another BMW turned out to be installers fault,me, cross wired the temp sender for gauge with temp timer (cold to hot running) plugs simple when viewed in the light different colours swapped & fault gone, its well worth a quick look! :driver:

nice work

Removed mine and repainted but i see from your pics that you've replaced the radiator blower fan ? Q1 how did you wire it & did you miss out the ballast resister ?
    As i have a year of car shows ahead, think i'll have a look around for a suitable unit.
    The original still performs but i know it will not last even with the best intentions!
    Thanks for any reply Gerry.
    :driver:

Zitat von Argonaut;74089

Reading some of your posts today I would say either 8er has found a troll or I wonder what is it you're on?

Thanks !
    Thats the type of thing, get it out boy :driver:

Zitat von stevep840;74072

That seems a very sarcastic comment to put at the end of your thread old fella:hmmmm:

Flash to pass lights are very hard to come by & would set you back well over £300 for a new pr, they do come up on ebay time to time & occasionally on here as well, but they are most definitely not in abundance;-)

Not so, sarcastic me never!
    Nothing meant by any part, other than to admire the correct & realistic price structure of BMW & therefore maintaining exclusivity of what is the BMW parts counter that we've all grown to love & respect over years of glorious ownership. Think i may have a quick run out & call in, could do with a shock!!!
    Any who, what could be so wrong in taking the stMick ?
    :driver:

6 or 8 ?

I own both (yippee for me) and as big coupes go its true they both have there own place in hearts of the admirer for being so different in design & shape, the 6 is much easier to drive and live with but i say that after 80,000 miles & 10 years of UK & european driving fun & get this, never a break down! Only recently bought a nice 8, so far i love it to bits, can only hope that it is any where near reliable its a drivers dream power, performance & looks but it feels more cabin cramped but somehow much bigger in the traffic even with only cm's between the two.So, don't think its which one should be up there, its got to be both and then, & who would dare to put any other coupe beside them on any board. :driver:

looks like

well its only a short trip to my local BMW stealers & the open plan parts desk amongst new car viewing public as i ask for the next rip off priced part ! Last trip or horror show was for a sunroof seal its always best to have a nice tight one @ £55 + vat !!!!! for s strip of rubber seal, do me a LEMON.
    Thanks if any one even bothered to look in there parts bin for me,
    cheers :driver: