Beiträge von v12 maniac

should i

Zitat von Fatandre;74003

So you are saying that if I want to change those babys I should go with the magnecor?

that would most certainly seem to be the best advise given so far & thats what i intend to do to replace my v12 HT Leads, :driver:

mot fail

if u have excessive play on the steering check the column first, look for a @32mm nut at the telescopic end, had the same trouble with my 635csi tightened the nut acted as a chuck on the lower steering shaft no more play

HT Leads in lovely blue

Zitat von schnitz850;73991

I got them through a fellow e31 guy at Barnet Auto's in '06'. He got them direct from Magnecor (0870 444 8644) http://www.magnecor.co.uk
    The bill was for £154.43

Alex

Cheers chaps,
    thats the kind of thing i'm looking for, its good info pre tried parts, will try Magnecor direct or try to find Gerry? 8Tech ?
    This is all due to what i call "cross firing" contaminated leads held tight in a tube. :driver:

I have been through many of these Q & A's in main discussion forum, just looking for anyone who had changed their ht lead set & had the name of a good supplier of quality ht leads for my 850 CSI ?
    Q 1 = is there any difference twix 5.4 & 5.6 lead sets ?
    or am i just blowing in the wind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :driver:

flaps not fitted but soon

stevep840 i must be old as i don't have any idea about a 'CHUFF' perhaps you could help and try to explain this for me or even better fit those darn mud flap paint protecting devises, think i'll just wait until the weather suits my age:driver:

silverstone classic

already ordered the tickets got the bogof deal, still need to contact Bernie about the BMW stand for this year, this will be the 4th year i've been down, its a good weekend if you're the type that likes a lot of racing and lots and lots of cars. Normally go down in my highline 635 but this year its the 850csi, can only hope for good weather and some decent bands? :cool:

misfire !

question. was it a miss or a lull in performance, as you said about running it to the redline !had this problem years ago, different car, but after using full power through the gears felt like a miss ! fault traced as fuel starvation ! replaced filters,
    the jobs a gooden

misfire !

Dave, there was a procedure for misfires when i was an young apprentice motor mechanic it went as follows, to start plugs, points, leads, caps, rotor arms,condenser, and that would do it ! i know some of this does not apply to the 8 but thats were you start with a misfire, then if the problem continues you try to find which cylinder is breaking down

ok my ooops ! B56 5.6 v12 and thats what should be under that bonnet, so why don't the engine numbers on the block match the spec sheet 52310762 from M factory and 60010762 stamped on the block ? did they build engines in units of a 100 ?
    mabey i should remove the sump and check for TITANIUM con rods ?

ok my ooops ! B56 5.6 v12 and thats what should be under that bonnet, so why don't the engine numbers on the block match the spec sheet 52310762 from M factory and 60010762 stamped on the block ? did they build engines in units of a 100 ?