Beiträge von olinjohnston

I am looking to replace the O2 sensors on my 11/1993 built 94 840Ci, and I an running into some part-shopping issues.

RealOEM lists the part number as 11 78 1 741 092, which is not cross-compatible with any other model - only the early (before 04/1994) M60 840Ci. These sensors are quite expensive (over $200 each) from BMW, and are not available anywhere else, except from aftermarket manufacturers.

Various online parts retailers list a few sensors for a 94 840Ci, but none are actually for an early V8 because the connectors are male instead of female. Most also say "after 04/94." However, if you type in the BMW part number into a search, you'll only find an off-brand sensor that looks to be a correct fit for rather cheap.

Before anyone suggests I just get a universal one and splice it, that is not the point here. I really would like to know what the true OEM sensor is. There is way too much contradictory information online about these.

Has a pre-04/1994 840 owner here replaced these with a genuine OEM part that wasn't sold by BMW?