Beiträge von Le Transporteur

out of luck.

Guess what
    I need a 7 mm bolt. Would you beleive I can't find a 7mm bolt not for gold nor money.

I have exhausted my area.

I will phone the dealer Monday.

I would like to install a clutch stopper on my car.

Can anyone give me a bolt number, and instruction on how to do that on my own? I know where it has to be installed, I saw the hole.

thx

There was an article about 6 months ago on K&N filter on that site and I can't seem to find it.

It talked about how K&N did leave more dirt in the motor..

Can anyone refer me to it?

Pourrais t'on m'y reférer.

p.s. y a t il un "search" sur ce site??

merci

CSi or Ci

I have been an automatic car driver for the last 15 years.

But I must say that since I bought my 850 i 6speed, I have truly enjoyed shifting my own gear.
    Next I would buy the CSi just because when one start enjoying nice accelerations, one wish he had 20% more power at his disposal.
    Of course that may means more $ for fuel...but then if you bought a car for economy, that wouldn't be it would it?
    If both cars were in the same conditions I would take the CSi for sure.

My 0.02ç

Le Transporteur.

Is the login system working???? I still can't log properly and stay logged in.

Il y a un bruit de "yyick" quand je passe avec l'auto sur une dépression sur la route. On appelle ça une "calvette" au Québec.

Mon méchanicien dit que la partie qui est brisé dans mon auto est la "table supérieure".....comment on appelle ça en Anglais?

EDIT: For all you english people:

There is a noise of "yyick" when I pass a depression on the road. One calls that a "calvette" in Quebec. My mechanic says that the part that is broken in my car is the "table supérieure"..... Anyone know what that is in English?

Hope the above is a decent translation - Al

This is a POLL to evaluate, how many from Europe would be interested to come to Canada at my house before or after the international 8fest. I live close to Montreal.

At this point we don't know when nor where will the event occurs. I don't know that far in advance if I can make it there myself. Not that I wouldn't want to. So please take this as a serious embryonic idea for now.

I would like to invite the whole European community to my house. But of course my house couldn't hold the community. Therefore this POLL.

ON a scale of 1 to 10 how interested would you be to come to Montreal for a few days just prior or after the International 2005 8Fest gathering?

Leave the answer on this board, but SEND ME ALSO AN EMAIL. Only email will remain of this idea in 1.5 year.

drclaude@videotron.ca

WOW Ferrari.....

Yep, I'd be up for the 8Fest depending on work.
    I am thinking to invite a small bunch of people at my house in Canada for the 2005 8Fest just prior or after the celebrations.
    If such is the case would you like to be invited?

I find the power of my 850 more than sufficient even though it is completely standard. My previous toy was a 1988 Ferrari Mondial which was a 3.2 V8 (same engine that's in the 328 GTS/B). There's much more torque with the 850
    I am pleasantly surprised the 8 can be compared to Ferrari. I am like you in a way. Not technically inclined, but also almost completely ignorant about cars. Until last October I had no inkling about cars. They were just to move me from point A to point B. In fact I didn't know what an 8 was, and had never come aboard a performance car. Nor ever went abord a BMW. Now I play catching up and read all I can. It doesn't sink in easy at 50+ years old, but I do my best. It is a new enjoyment. Now I don't mean that you are like me in any of those points, just the technically one :oops::P8):P

and I am quite sure if it was de-restricted, the top end would be higher also.
    I am sure you are right. At least you are for here in Canada. My 8 was restricted to 250Km/hre. But having chip it removed that lock.

But as I say to Sam, my wife, you can't put a price on enjoyment
    Tell your wife I said you are right. 8):twisted: You can bribe me later.... :D:wink:

I think if I upgrade my 850, I may firstly change the springs and drop the car slightly.
    Mine has a racing suspension. K&N air, and Rhemus exhaust. Immoveable on the road. But I find it quite rough in town. I couldn't begin to explain how this is done though. The previous and 1st owner of the vehicle did a whole bunch of mods on it including 2 sets of Mags and crossed drilled ventilated brakes. I even had to ask him to explain what they were. :oops: Talk about ignorance. Bottom line for me is I am glad I got a car with all this already into it, because I couldn't have had them done myself.
    My strategy was.... I got my wife into letting me do a wallop of expenditure in one shot..... :):D:twisted: ...it worked.

I'm quite non-technical so be gentle with me -
    my prefered sentence. :wink:

If you do not frequent Roadfly, you may want to consider that. There is always mods, and repair talk going around. As great a community as this one.

What a priviledge to be able to belong to them. (that is both community.

Don't forget my idea about 8Fest.

Differential upgrade

Hi Guys. (that is Nick and Ian)

You don't think I am going to let you have this "juicy" discussion without hopping in do you??? 8):P

First congratulation on your upgrade Ian. You are going to love it. Your car now accelerate like a plane, and you feel your body pushing into the back seat.... wow. I was a bit surprised you upgraded to a 3.15. I thougt those with automatic trans upgrade to 3.64. You do have an automatic trans right? Also I wouldn't be surprised your top speed be 167MPH or so. If you check that out let me know.

I mention this because this is what it is with mine. I upgraded from a 2.65 ratio to a 3.15. It shaves off some 35-40 Km/hre. That reduce the car speed from 303km -38km = 265Km or 165.6 MPH.

I haven't checked that out personally yet but I will this spring since I will take the BMW course at a race track and plan to test that a little bit. Now I don't know if I have the gots to bring my car that fast yet. My personal top speed is a modest 200km/hre. Mind you I only have owned the car 6 weeks before storing it for winter. Not bad for doing it on a Max speed autoroute of 100Km/hre. I found that even the stuff that travels in the same direction than me comes fast.

Now when you are ready for multiplying this acceleration effect "chip" the car. You will need a bigger tooth brush.

That is it for now my friends from UK. Hope we meet one day.
    Would you guys plan to come for the International 8Fest in the US by any chances????

One more important forgotten thing.

One more thing about "clay".
    It is important to bring the car straight on the paint. That is to remove any existing remnant of previous wax, filler, or sellant.
    One thing you would NEVER do is to use "dish soap" to wash your car because it would remove all the good you have put on your car to protect the paint from oxydation.
    But if you are going to "clay" your car this is exactly what you want to do first.

so Here it is:
    1- wash your car with a a "quintuple" dose of the best dish soap. If you have "Dawn" it is inexpensive an awesome.
    2- rinse well and do it again all over. Check for small places you forgot when rinsing and soap the car to the max.
    2b- now is a good time to repair paint chip or to do paint touch up. (Look on Roadfly for how to there are quite a few good experts there)
    3- now "Clay" the paint. Long and tedious, but man it is worth it.
    4- apply filler. ( Klasse, Zaino Z2, PS21 etc )
    4- apply wax or paint sealant.
    5- hide the car :D:D:roll:

Hope this help. Post pics when done.

Thx to Nick for your kind and nice reference to Ian, and myself in your email. Gratefulness is a virtue, and I see you seem to possess it.

Le Transporteur

swirl

You said: Ian recommeded that I check out the detailing section of Roadfly which I have done.

That was a good advice, great people there. In the end it all comes to what YOU like. But it takes a long time to reach that point :?

You said: I will look at the Guru wax report.
    I think that will solidify your Zaino choice and it will give you a few tips on howTo/NotTo type of things.

You said: (assuming you are French-Canadian?).
    Correct.

You said: I love Calypso red.
    Even this was not intended to me....I must say I love Calipso red immensely. Personally I think you made a big mistake when you chose the blue.... you should have bought both cars... :twisted: Mine is Black, with natural leather interior. Nothing exotic I must say, but on the other hand ... very classic. For the car I got... no complaint. there was only 46,000 km on it. Not bad for a 1991 6speed. The man had it in a garage, and kept it in the warhouse when ever he took it to work if it rained. He had a 5 cars collection. Jaguars, Corvette, BMW, and sold this one to me as he was buying a Ferrari F40. THe poor guy had no more room in his garage so I eased his pain off. :twisted:8)8)

You said: Thanks once again.
    No Prob man... this is as much fun for me as for you.

You said: I am looking forward to the spring/summer - it is this time when I personally think that the 8's come to life!
    Well it sure is the time I COME TO LIFE..... Darn long...long winter. I almost took it out yesterday, but my insurances are off for the winter. Don't worry it wasn't my wisdom that stopped me it was my wife's. :wink:

There are apparently quality in "Clay" . You could buy yours from Zaino if you order there they sell some and their product are certainly reputeable. If not McGuire sells some. Bottom line I think any one reputable company must sell good clay bar.

Have fun. This is a long tedious job. But man you will be happy.

Le Transporteur.

Clay

Nick
    As soon as I posted last night (last nite for me) I realised I forgot to mention this.

Do not underestimate the POWER of "Clay". If your car hasn't been clayed, for a while do it. do it-do it-do it. :) The paint will feel like baby skin. No kidding. Plus you will have taken off all contaminants that are at the origin of rusting the paint.

When I decided to do that I thought just to do a small part of the car because I pictured the whole job as unescessary tidious and long. Well while IT IS tidious and long I couldn't stop once I started. All those who see my car and feel the paint are stuned of the touch. Of course it yield to better finish as well.

One thing you should know about Zaino. It leave finger print very easily. I hope they can address this problem soon because it is quite anoying. You can't touch your car without seeing finger prints all over. You WILL need a rag in your trunk in permanence. Plus it does not give a deep finish. At least to my eyes. Great wax product have an edge here. But they don't last.

On the plus side it is said Zaino last months. (I don't know that for fact yet) The shine is glossy, the wet gloss one never gets tired to look at. My friends keep looking and looking at it ...and me too.

You will need several X several coats of Z5 to make a difference. If you didn't get the "Guru wax report" from Roadfly get it. They explain about Zaino. Applying Zaino is like "the least amount of application for the most result" It is not easy to get used to that. 5 unperceptible coats yeild better results than 2 big ones.
    I hope this does not come across to bully. The heart of this email is "enthousiasm" not "ordering you around" . Please forgive my english. I can speak it well enough to be dangerous with it !!! :twisted::shock::roll::)

See you around Nick. Perhaps in England or Canada...

Swirl Mark.... To Nickcropper

Hi nick
    I bought an 850 last October. I too was quite concerned with the swirl marks in the sun. (or at appropriate angles)

I spent 15 hours all together with that problem. I tried 3 kinds of swirl remover to no avail. finally I called a professional and he came to my house, looked at the car and solved the problem.

Here you go:

First of all I ERRONEOUSLY thought the swirl mark were small. :oops: I had tried 1500 grit. then 1200 grit.

Second: I had to realised that just because swirl look small they may not be. It took 800 grit to get rid of em. I didn't like at first the idea to use 800 gril but that was the answer.

Third: Perhaps you can try an 800 grit where it is not so visible and you will see for yourself. If the swirls refuse to go with what you are using chances are they are bigger than you think.

Fourth: After all this I applied 5 coats of Z5, ,3 Coat of Z2 and topped the whole work with Z6. My car looks awesome. I lit the paint with a "fluorescent" lamp and I can see no scratches.

Last: Be careful with Zaino. :? I use the product myself. If your car is not perfect before you start applying it I am afraid you will be a very sorry man. This stuff will INCREASE the seability of scratches if there are any. It will also increase seability of paint chipped. No matter how small. Garantied.

Hope this help. Let me know.

Now before you ask me to post a pic of my car... well it is in storage for the Canadian winter :( . I will in the spring.

Hope this help.