Beiträge von TerryY

To be coming out of the door it has to be going in somewhere.

Are all of the holes and things piercing the front edge of the door sealed and secured?

Front edge, bottom drains and the window bottom seal would seem the logical places.

The electrical conduit leads to where? Is it heated space? Snowing at the moment so I lack enthusiasm to go look at my own :)

The '94 model year should have an occupancy sensor in the passenger seat. The sensor not present code may be your real problem.

Any loose connectors under the passenger seat?

Zitat von NickF;70843

They let the engine management know that #6 or #12 plug has fired. Not sure why it would need to know this as it manages the firing process too, I'm sure someone cleverer than me will know the answer. Maybe if they got rid of them on the M73 they didn't need them after all :harhar:.

They are the Cam position sensors for the M70. When the cam/distributor is in the position to fire that spark plug it sends an "all is well / I am here" signal to the computer for timing purposes.

I think that the M73 uses a real sensor that isn't dependent on so many variables and can send more than one trigger point on to the computer.

A check of the fan blades themselves needs to be inserted here.

The plastic is getting to the brittle stage on some of the earlier cars and fans have lost blades at speed.

A crack check with a bright light and a magnifying glass ?

I think someone needs to come up with and document a simple "anybody can do it" inspection that actually finds cracks without doing more damage to the blades.

I use the bottom edge of the side mirror to judge the curb when driving straight into a parking space.

The Wings West spoiler that I have is farther out than a CSi nose and listening to it grind on a parking curb is disheartening to say the least.

I have heard of leaks contaminating the transmission fluid with coolant. Including a new direct from BMW radiator damaging a transmission with a "complete" fluid exchange.

The US version and I believe also the Euro version of the 840 came with an external cooler for the transmission oil and no connections to the radiator. So the cooler and bracket should be available from BMW.

There are 8 short gas lines under the hood of an 850i. Two behind the engine, four under the top cover and two on the fender well - offside.

The original BMW hose used on those lines seems to sweat gas/petrol when first pressurized "cold". Comes right thru the walls of the tubing.

The only cure is to replace the lines. Good fire prevention too :) I have seen pictures of a few that have caught fire. Ugly pictures.

Check the wiring harness from the pop up light to the chassis. I am seeing multiple reports of insulation becoming brittle and breaking off the wires.

Zitat von rcrad6653;67642

In reading the petrol reports from y'all it's scarey. I know we've all gotten in situations with no gas station anywhere, but these poor fuel pumps.... they're cooled with fuel and not a good idea to run on low regularly.

The pumps are cooled by the fuel going thru them. Not by submersion or they would be damaged every time you went below half a tank and they were uncovered.

Don't worry. Be happy! but don't run out.