Beiträge von Peter J Rice

Hello All,
    Can anyone tell me where the VIN numbers are hidden on the 8 series?

Hope to be playing a bigger part on the site in future after a long time away
    Best regards to all
    Peter:winkwink:

Hi Steve,
    Hope you and Maria are well, your car looks great.
    Can't be M8 SHF she is on the ramp in my shop, no wheels, brakes or roll bars . Just waiting for my return to fit Gerry's upgrade kit, drilled and vented discs, SS brake lines rebuilt calipers, steering control bushes and not to forget antiroll bar bushes front and back.
    Could have been Dave Vincents 840Ci Sport or the other Dakar 850Csi, don't know who ownes that now?
    Best regards mate.

Hi Seb,
    Congratulations on the sale, "who dares wins" great idea about Gaydon.
    Hope you will not lose contact with the 8 community, we have all enjoyed your multifarious inputs in the past and will miss them. Let us know when you get the next 8. HaHa:devilchilli:
    Best wishes

Hi Guys,
    Wow brilliant pictures from Gaydon James. Thanks to all the e31 owners who braved the "rain" and turned up for what appeared a very sunny day with the 8 series community well represented. Wish I could have been there to see the spectacle.
    Thanks Guys for keeping the banner flying.

Well after years of very valiant service one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable guys on the geneology of the 8 series is retiring. I for one will miss our communications and chats on the phone and his phenominal grasp of all things 8. I hope Jud, you will not miss TOO much the
    tremendous following that you have built up over the years in solving numerous problems for the international 8er community. We should be aware also that in the dark days of this site it was Jud's extremely hard work that saved 8er.org from the dustbin and provided us all with a very strong method of communication for all 8 Series owners worldwide that we use today. Jud may we wish you happy retirement, at least from 8coupe.com, and a long and happy life. It has been my pleasure to work with you on some of the issues that relating to 8s in the last few years.
    Our best wishes to Reinhard Wolf in taking over the 8 Register and have no doubt he will take the Registration project forward with everyones continued support.
    Our best wishes Jud. Tanya & Peter:winkwink:

Welcome Jake, congratulations on owning one of the best cars ever built.
    Go to www.8coupe.com and register your car, this gives us a record of what is still alive out there out of the 30,600 cars built and how about taking it to Gaydon next weekend for the show?
    Happy 8er motoring.
    Peter

Hi everyone,:winkwink:

Though I am using Peter's login well this is Fabrice from France and I am in Canada for 10 days at Peter's house on holiday with my family. Actually we just arrived yesterday. Well this is the Big BMW 8 serie family and beyond the passion that we had for the 8 serie we made close friends.

I think Alex is right it should be loloaston though i never met him I posted him a while ago.
    Hi Alex you really missed our meeting in Clermont. I wish to see you another time with you very beautiful 8 serie. What a great color too!

I sugest you send him an email from the site.:idea:

Take care and may the 8 be with you.:top::hello:

Fabrice:driver:

I don't know if this helps but on a recent rebuild I had the speedo cluster out of the car for a couple of years, it had been nicked and with Jud's help I recovered it on ebay. I then paired it with a controller which was not the original and had it coded to work by my dealer. I realized the speedo did not reflect true lapsed mileage of the of the engine/car. I then recovered the original controller from the car, which had been in my stores for 4 years, paired it up and it worked perfectly and gave the true lapsed mileage of the engine/car, obtained from MOT records.
    So in my case the 8 hour time out did not come into play. Why I wonder?
    My very grateful thanks to Iceman and others who gave me the information on how to do it at that time.

Hi Chaps,
    No, #35 is a manual 6 speed Getrag box as used in the Csi but very precise and really an excellent gearbox. I drive an auto X5 and a 850Ci
    here in Canada, its very much a lazy man's drive but the thrill of using the manual gears can't be beaten. I have two 850Csi in the UK and although superb cars the Alpina is my favourite and because of its rarity value worth 3 or 4 times the value of the Csi, only 57 B12 5.7 Alpinas built as against 160 RHD Csi. You are quite correct #35 is a LHD car.
    Regards

Gentlemen and of course Ladies,
    August will soon be upon us again and with that "Gaydon" (15 August, National Heritage Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire)
    Having managed to get in excess of 50 owners to show a superb cross section of cars last year, I am asking how many can we muster this year??.
    Tickets and show passes are available from Louise at the BMW Car Club offices. Phone 01225 709009 or "bmwcarclub@btconnect.com"[/email] .
    Also very important we need some marshalls for the 8 series section, can at least 2 people volunteer, more if available,
    In view of the problems with reduced postings on this site lets show what we can really do in person.
    Regards to all from Canada.

I think some people are being very negative, the site is NOT dying.
    People are on holiday, some out of the country or concentrating on keeping afloat in this economic climate and the more negative posting and attitude the more negativity it will create.

These are the comments from the owner on the above postings.

Thanks for the prompt response, .The engine has had the leakdown test which showed low compression on two cylinders. Unfortunately due to the age of the engine (1995) it has almost certainly been used on low sulphur fuel in the past. I have checked the casting numbers for the block and it is Niksil lined. Could you clarify the M62 block modification please ? BMW say the mapping and drivetrain are not compatible with this engine.
    I have had a quotation from an engineering company to bore and sleeve the cylinders and would be interested in any information you have on any associated problems . Light alloy blocks with steel liners have been used before.