Beiträge von DRAGON850

Re: 850i with twin superchargers

Zitat von Oral Ramlochan

My BMW 850i has a six (6) speed manual transmission with the twin superchargers. I need hlp getting this tuned properly.

Oral.

Very interesting, could you answer some questions for us if you don't mind. What type is the superchargers( what make?), where did you get them and how much was the install? What type of HP are you cranking out? I was looking into this type of set up for very long time but the only thing I could find was KOENIG for about 20k USD.

Does Anyone on the board that has Twin turbo or supercharger system installed on their car wants to share some info as far as cost of hardware, cost of install, twin turbo or SC manufacturer, Dyno HP specs and so on.
    Or just mention that they have it , curiose of how many people there are with TT or SC systems.
    Thainking about TT myself, on 1991 850i , was putting it off for a longest time because cost and time. But this summer should be able to start something would it be buying an aftermarket system or custom. Any input appreciated!

In the process of putting everything back together after changing the O ring in the booster, question is that when separated the booster and the master cylinder, took out the metal piston out of the middle of the brake booster went too fast and don't remember which way does it go back, darker end pointing into the brake booster or the master cylinder?
    I know silly question, but need to know to be able to put it back correctly.

Tom K. did the complete replacement of the entire brake booster, anybody else did just the O-ring, and remembers the specifics about that particular part? Otherwise anybody has an e-mail of Mihai who posted this message:

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/…php?postid=3947045&page=1

Thanks,
    Ed.

In the process of putting everything back together after changing the O ring in the booster, question is that when separated the booster and the master cylinder and took out the piston out of the brake booster went too fast and don't remember which way does it go back, darker end into the brake booster or the master cylinder.
    I know silly question, but need to know.
    Anybody done this before?
    Thanks,
    Ed.

Working right now on the brake booster remooval, got all the pipes and hoses disconected, all 4 bolts remooved from the drivers side compartment, but got stuck on the
    square rod that is attached to the brake pedal, there
    is a very weird screw making that attachment, one end
    is oval and flat on top and another end is is also
    oval and has a weird fitting on top not the screw
    driver one, tried to take it off for over an hour now,
    finally gave up. Please let me know how can I remove that screw.
    Got my keybord all dirty with pentosin:)
    Thanks,
    ED.