Beiträge von alpinadvl

Having nothing of value to add....

But I want to just say - that I am enjoying reading both of your discussions (even though I have no need to integrate anything beyond an Ipod into my car!) - I just appreciate the creativity, and your solutions seem to be very fitting and elegant approach to "refreshing" the computers-tronics in the 8 series.

Thanks for sharing your discussions with us!

-alf

I believe there is a member named "sami" that wanted to sell 19 or 20" classic Alpina rims (from the E38) --- they are beautiful, but he said they don't fit on the 8 series.....

email me at alpinadvl - at - yahoo. and I will dig it up for you.

ps: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ALPINA 19" or 20" will fit on an 8?

Phillipe to answer your questions:

to correct you: all b12 5.7's are based on the 850csi - and you can see this in the documentation that comes with the cars. Still do not know where to find the tire pressure monitoring system. It was an "option" but NEVER AVAILABLE ? ........Very Strange......DOES ANYONE HAVE IT?

other B12 5.7 owners, I know 4 : one in England, one in Northern Germany, one in Denmark, and one in Sweden.

regarding engine/performance rebuild:
    trust me, I have everything you can ever want sitting on my computer, I am just waiting to go thru all the pics to give you all the technical pics. Also, the car is at Alpina still, and we are still waiting for the dyno tests.

for some reason these cars have become very hard to come by.

as for your website: you have to contact CarlT - he knows everything about the B12 5.0 and B12 5.7..... you can search for him on the Roadfly website, and m5board.com website.

I think Sniff is right for the most part. I can not answer whether the unit works in the US because the car is still in Europe. But, from what I know....it should work in the US.

As far as I know....BMW is not selling the OEM version at the dealerships in the U.S. (I may be wrong about this)

as far as controlling the OEM CD unit.....this may not be true. I read the same article, and the unit they used was a prototype. I can tell you that in Europe, the BMW Unit does NOT work with the BMW CD changer. ( I tried to find the online article....but search the web (I think it was in roundel, but I know it was put into a bmw z3)

Lastly, there is no "retrofit kit" for the E31. You have to do it yourself.

Zitat von Sniff

That is a stunningly beautiful car! :D

How much did the new interior cost you? And what is the navigation? It looks a bit like a Becker TrafficPro?

see the answer above....regarding the nav unit

as far as the interior.......let us just say....the amount was ridiculous! But worth every penny!

:lol:

Thanks for the comments!!

To answer the questions about the NAVIGATION

1st.The unit is a OEM BMW Traffic Pro unit.
    2nd.It is the "same" thing as a Becker Traffic Pro (Harmon Kardon in the U.S.)
    3rd.Now this is important the DIFFERENCE between the two is this.....the BMW one will match the interior color EXACTLY,.....but you will pay approx 500-800 euros MORE for this!! (I got it off of Ebay for less than this difference)....but basically decide what you are willing to pay for "orange/amber" lighting!!!!!! (Personally, I am crazy about things like this.....they have to be perfect for me or nothing!)
    ---> Becker does NOT make a color that matches perfectly....they have mercedes yellow or audi red.....those are the closest colors.
    4th. The kit was retrofitted....it CAN be done....it is a PAIN-IN-THE-A**. But it can be done.

Hope this is helpful!!