Beiträge von smileynialley

spent the evening trying to locate this noise and ive managed to trace it down to a general area.
    It appears to be comming from the passenger side and connected to this rusty tie rod:

Rusty tie rod connects to some joints and then to the center tie rod and then to what looks like the drop arm(this is where the noise appears to be comming from):

As you can see ive tried to free up whichever joint is siezing with some wd40 but the problem persists.
    im not sure which section i would need to take off to change/free up the joints causing the noise. Anyone?

hi guys
    Ive had a problem for a while now and im getting to the end of my "8 series repair funds" now.

Basically, the car starts fine and drives fine for a bit, then when everything seems to heat up i hear a creeking noise as i steer from left to right. This seems to get worse the longer i drive.

At first i thought it was power steering related so i checked the power steering fluid and replaced the old crappy stuff with some nice new chf11s but the problem persists.

Now ive noticed that the problem is still there once the engine is turned off (no power steering) and someone has mentioned that it might be a tie rod or something similar heating up with the manifold and the joints siezing up?
    can anyone shed some light on this ?
    cheers
    Niall

Ive had the codes read and is comming up with nout, no errors showing at all.
    Debating on buying a set of new plugs and coil packs and seeing if that makes a difference. anyone know the best place to get some coil packs?
    (as the car runs like a dog it pops form the exhaust and sounds like a muscle car which im not hating, i do however hate the loss of power)

On another note, am i right in thinking that access to the wiper motor and linkage is accessable by taking apart the pollen filters?

just a quick update on how the car is running,

When i first start it up it appears to running fine. I can drive it round the block a few times and it feels like it used to be, then it will start shaking a bit, then the revs will drop at idle and its back to its rough self.
    Occasionally it will go back and forth between rough and smooth.

Other than the fuel pump not being an exact match i cant seem to think of any reason it could be like this.

just to keep you lot updated,
    the new fuel pump is fitted after 3 weeks without a car and its running again,
    however,
    now the car is feeling like a different car!
    It's idleing roughly and going up through the revs is rough and jolty. The noise of the engine sounds more like a harley davidson now. Ive been told this is just because it's been sitting for 3 weeks without being run and it should go back to normal after a few days but i was wondering if anyone had any other info or experience on this?
    thanks
    Niall

Zitat von sandwich;87188

Where on earth do you lot get the knowledge for the 8? I'm continually astounded!

same here, amazing stuff.

thanks people for the posts..ive tried the fuse box and everything is fine.
    Apparently my mechanic got the pump to run for a few secs by "tapping" it a few times with a broom handle before it cut out again which makes me think its a faulty pump.

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone on here might know where i can get a working fuel pump for my 8.
    A few weeks ago it dies at the petrol station and havent been able to start it since. Checked all relays etc and had the comp read with no faults showing.
    Couldnt figure out what was happening until i realised there was no fuel going to the engine.
    Had my mechanic run a direct live to the fuel pump but it wouldn't pump. I think it's packed up and im getting desperate for my car back now.

The part number is 16141182289 and should apparently fit all of the 840 models and the 850ci.

any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Niall

cool...looks very 80's retro sport with the arches and the rear vents.
    I saw another 840 today parked up which was good because i got to see it how everyone else sees my car and have decided when i respray the car im going to loose the kidneys.koenig grill has to be done!

^ thats some motor youve got there mate....looks like its on steroids.

So whats your plans with the grill then if you have the mod but not installed?
    I personally thing the chrome in the grills is the worst bit about the 8 series...not sure why but when i look at it i just think its a random bit of chrome stuck on just for the sake of it and doesnt match the car.

Just wondering what the 8 community thinks of the koenig front end with the removed kidney grilles?

I personally like it and think although it takes the BMW styling away it gives back a more sporty look.
    Im attempting a respray in a few months hopfully and am debating removing the 2 grills and modifying it into 1 the same as the koenigg grille.
    Thaughts guys?